(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Re: request grab-bag

Post by O'Largill »

im suspends
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

im very much looking forward to 2 for the sole fact that i cant seem to get 100 percent and there are no LPs at all yet so i cant cheat
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

raocow wrote:for the record: stellar swings is planned, 2 is probably the next 'big' project, but I'm doing another thing first.
Oh good, I'm down for all of this. Apologies big fella for thinking that you weren't doing 2.
momo

Post by momo »

It would be nice to see an actual walkthrough of 2 since none really exist right now and, well, it's a metroid-vania.

On the other hand, after some research today it turns out that 2 does have some phallic images (and some strong language if that's a concern) in it so I don't know if you really want to risk recording it. Hell, there's a label on the download page that says NSFW.

I would recommend that you play a little bit of it off camera just to see for yourself what's in it since I can't post NSFW screenshots here.

Also, for future reference Distorted Travesty 3 is inching closer and closer to completion according to the dev blog at: http://distortedtravesty.blogspot.com/
Leet

Post by Leet »

Unless there's something bad in the stuff I've missed, there's really only one area that is NSFW and its only two rooms. I believe it's the

shrine

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
momo

Post by momo »

Unless there's something bad in the stuff I've missed, there's really only one area that is NSFW and its only two rooms.
There's also some pretty early stuff in the Sunlight area where there's some kind of disgusting art.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Eh, I checked that again and it's not really that bad at all.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

How about Shovel Knight raocow?
Image Image
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Mabel wrote:How about Shovel Knight raocow?
Please.

Granted it wouldn't be blind because rao watched a fair bit of my LP, but still it'd be great.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Everyone and all of their relatives did Shovel Knight when it released, that typically means raocow won't. Not that I don't want to see him play it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Rusbojis wrote:Also, for future reference Distorted Travesty 3 is inching closer and closer to completion according to the dev blog at: http://distortedtravesty.blogspot.com/
From what I read recently it looks like he's aiming for the end of the year so raocow still has plenty of time and that's if the game is actually released on time.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Hmm let's see if I can find any games worth suggesting!

Concursion - A strange game, to say the least. It's at its core a 2D platformer, but there's... a lot more to it than that. 5 different game styles meshed into one and done, honestly, pretty damn well. Almost every level does something new and the mechanics are quite solid. It just looks ugly as sin, unfortunately.

The Floor Is Jelly - Short but neat little platformer where, well, the floor is jelly. Somewhat physics-y, somewhat puzzle-y, a bit weird overall, but I think it'd make a neat shorter series between bigger projects.

FLY'N - Platformer with fairly standard mechanics, main gimmick is the four different characters each having their own ability and platforming challenges/puzzles involving this. It sounds boring put that way but the game's design is just so fantastic and the presentation is just as good, I have had a lot of fun with this little game. (Also I still have a free steam key for it lying around somewhere, I think.)

Mark of the Ninja - Presented as a 2D stealth game but it's really quite platformery too, which is probably for the better; it's fast-paced and a joy to play, but can be a bit tricky to get the hang of the controls. Also maybe a bit too violent for raocow, I dunno.

Honestly that's about everything that I can think of that would be interesting to see raocow play, there's a lot more random indie stuff that I quite like but wouldn't make for a good LP :V
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
CM30

Post by CM30 »

Grounder wrote:Nintendo Nightmare.
Oh god, I remember that game. Didn't some guy from Something Awful make a video about it as part of a terrible indie games series? Can't remember the name...

But whlle I'm not sure if it'd be raocow's forte, I am curious whether anyone's actually LPed the thing all the way through. Because I hear it gets crazier and crazier as it goes on, and I really want to see how much weirder it can get (more so than Phoenix Wright being a sage of the Fire Temple?)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Well, Chuck Norris is the ultimate weapon.
:P

Anyway, Vinny from Vinesauce played it a few years back but didn't complete it 100%. He even had an interview with the creator. It's on Youtube if you wanna see the endgame.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Alice wrote:
Rusbojis wrote:Also, for future reference Distorted Travesty 3 is inching closer and closer to completion according to the dev blog at: http://distortedtravesty.blogspot.com/
From what I read recently it looks like he's aiming for the end of the year so raocow still has plenty of time and that's if the game is actually released on time.
I'm fairly sure with the rate I'm going and real life stuff going on, that I won't be finished by the end of the year. I'm thinking more like February.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ZephyrBurst wrote:I'm fairly sure with the rate I'm going and real life stuff going on, that I won't be finished by the end of the year. I'm thinking more like February.
Well good luck with everything. Plenty of us seem to be looking forward to its release.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Alice wrote:Well good luck with everything. Plenty of us seem to be looking forward to its release.
Thanks. <3
Yay motivation.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Hey there, raocow. I know we aren't supposed to suggest our own games, but Lars and I allowed Mushroom Kingdom Fusion to finally give up the ghost and put out the source file and stuff. I seriously doubt it will be picked up and finished, so if you want to do a "Zombie Mushroom Kingdom Fusion" playthrough like you did with A2MT you're certainly welcome to. Apologies in advance for your suffering through stages made by Del.

More details in the MKF topic - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2387
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh, hey, that finally died. Huh.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

AuraLancer wrote:Hey there, raocow. I know we aren't supposed to suggest our own games,
This isn't the rule at all just so we're all aware. The whole thing is just wanting to make sure that games that are suggested, especially those where a creator is suggesting their own game, are good. So in the sticky Argumentable back in the day wrote "and have recommendations from people who are not you or your friends who say it's good" just as a preliminary measure to make sure rao doesn't waste his time on a bad game.

Suggesting one's own creation is pretty fine, encouraged even considering how many Talkhaus projects rao has played. Just make sure it's worth the time somehow, gather from players if they enjoyed the experience.

I can't say anything on your game myself, and this is not a vote against MKF, but I just felt like clarifying this point.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14336

rao LPed one of Paste's projects for example and even plans on LPing Rena's game at some point. Just as examples outside of the collabs.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Yeah okay, I got it. I have every intention to continue suggesting Fusion games anyway. Though MMDL3 is a given and raocow had already expressed interest in Super Mario Fusion Revival.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

honestly knowing that it won't ever get more finished than that IS telling to add it to my ever growing list of 'stuff I really gotta do man'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Hello

Post by Hello »

Well, I'm here to suggest Super Mario Dynamo.
talkhaus thread
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Should probably mention for those who suggested raocow play SMB3 Mix that aterraformer is LPing it right now.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB