(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Sebby19

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Sebby19 »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Have you forgetten how hard La-Mulana is? The sequel would be impossible to LP blind. And then there is the execution.
Have you played and beaten La-Mulana? If not, how can you opine on its difficulty?
Yes, yes I have played it. A very significant chunk. Beat it? Heck no. Can't remember where, I probably did 80% of it.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

sylvie wrote: 5 years agoI think most of the puzzles have at least one hint somewhere, even if it's a somewhat obtuse hint. One puzzle that I don't think has any hints is

in the Chamber of Birth, jumping through an unmarked (?) fake wall is required to progress at one point. I guess you're supposed to stumble across it by chance or trial-and-error, but I got stuck wandering that area for hours and eventually looked at a guide. I imagine a lot of people solved this "puzzle" very easily and others had a similar experience to me....

In my experience, most people end up accidentally solving this specific puzzle (if it's the one I'm thinking of) because they end up with a habit of jumping and attacking walls. Of course not everyone will develop that same habit over the course of the game. I think this is one of the things they planned around in LM2.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/291928595?t=01h08m40s

wtf did i just watch and why do i want to see raocow's take on it
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

I’d like to reccomend a SMB1 hack called The New Strange Mario Bros. I think it would be a good choice because the rao hasn’t played a SMB1 hack as far as I know and also we do love our strangeness around here. The game is super weird.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

putting this out here, Guacamelee 2 comes out in a day.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

seconding guacamelee 2
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

requesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago requesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
bowl included
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

guac 2 probably won't happen for a while given the current schedule unfortunately but I agree that it should happen, it's fun
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

LttP Randomizer was in the most recent Patreon poll, right? The next time around, I'd like to suggest upgrading it to the LttP/Super Metroid Combo randomizer.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Grounder wrote: 5 years agorequesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
I think a nice big bowl of Guacamelee would be better.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah that game is so much my jam it's almost worrying
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Uh, yeah. Kitty protagonist, hyper shooting, metroidvania progression, what looks like megaman-inspired bosses, black and white aesthetic?

"Doinksoft" must secretly be some demon raocow accidentally summoned while speaking nonsense during an difficult mario level, a demon with the sole purpose to make a game supernaturally tailored to raocow's tastes.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Heh, yeah, it's the perfect raocow game. I found that trailer posted on another forum and the only thing I could think while watching was "raocow needs to see this!"
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

ya'll ever heard of BFBB? it's basically like Mario 64
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Seconding Battle for Bikini Bottom, it's a pretty janky game but overall still a good time. Also it's likely to get rereleased in the near future.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/21/17146 ... thq-nordic
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

CrossCode comes out on Sept 20th. It's been in early access for a while and the reviews have been fantastic.

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Oh that's finally coming out? It's literally been on my steam wishlist for like 3-4 years lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I don't really follow this thread so who knows if this has been suggested 1000 times before but this Vip4 redo is making me wonder if an ASMT redo would ever be on the table?
I figure at this point it's been over 8 years and everyone's forgotten a lot of content of that game, I'd love to see a modern run of it. I recall savestates being used at the end of the original playthrough, I'm not really sure if the endgame of that is feasible without (I remember there being some unforgivably long levels capped with difficult boss fights near the end)

I think that could be fun!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I think there is an extra checkpoint or two near the end of the game in the latest revision anyway, so it's more feasible than it was.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago I don't really follow this thread so who knows if this has been suggested 1000 times before but this Vip4 redo is making me wonder if an ASMT redo would ever be on the table?
I figure at this point it's been over 8 years and everyone's forgotten a lot of content of that game, I'd love to see a modern run of it. I recall savestates being used at the end of the original playthrough, I'm not really sure if the endgame of that is feasible without (I remember there being some unforgivably long levels capped with difficult boss fights near the end)

I think that could be fun!
Oh geez, I can't believe it's been 8 years :(

I really enjoyed the first half of this VIP 4 series, but the single-level videos feel less good. Honestly, I'm not too keen on raocow getting into the habit of replaying games because of the sheer size of the coming up next list. (Donkey Kong 64 is such a long way off :< )

I wouldn't mind seeing an ASMT2 replay, though. Mostly because raocow played an unfinished version and now it's done (correct me if I'm wrong, please!)
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

Petzi wrote: 5 years ago I wouldn't mind seeing an ASMT2 replay, though. Mostly because raocow played an unfinished version and now it's done (correct me if I'm wrong, please!)
A2MT is very much playable and "done", if you will, but there are still so many random niggling flaws with lots of the levels that I don't think the subsequent LP experience would be all that much better than the zombie version had been. I still think there is a genuinely decent game in A2MT, just with a few minor level design tweaks that haven't been implemented.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."