(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: request grab-bag

Post by raekuul »

So I'm gonna be That Guy and suggest the Sega Genesis version of Shaq-Fu (provided you're okay with not using GENS - the Hi-hat sample is incorrectly emulated in GENS and Shaq-Fu uses it extensively)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I normally use Fusion so that wouldn't have been a problem
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Final Fantasy Four Job Fiesta is coming up soon, and that game just so happens to have such a dumb and wacky and stupid and silly sense of humor that I think cowrao might enjoy it?

inb4 "But Laularu you weasel dog charlatan I have never played the fantasy del cinco this will make for a poor LP and/or the job system is intimidating" That's the best part, though: having the restrictions imposed upon you means you don't have to interface with the job system quite as much, preventing analysis paralysis and encouraging you to experiment with the limited tools you have. And honestly, pretty much any run is super doable, though there *might* be a little bit of salt if we get either quadzerker or thiefzerker at Liquid Flame... still doable!
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

LaularuKyrumo wrote: 3 years ago Final Fantasy Four Job Fiesta is coming up soon, and that game just so happens to have such a dumb and wacky and stupid and silly sense of humor that I think cowrao might enjoy it?

inb4 "But Laularu you weasel dog charlatan I have never played the fantasy del cinco this will make for a poor LP and/or the job system is intimidating" That's the best part, though: having the restrictions imposed upon you means you don't have to interface with the job system quite as much, preventing analysis paralysis and encouraging you to experiment with the limited tools you have. And honestly, pretty much any run is super doable, though there *might* be a little bit of salt if we get either quadzerker or thiefzerker at Liquid Flame... still doable!
Does raocow like RPGs? Especially non-Mario, non-dodge-able damage ones.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

rena in shoutbox posted this
@raocow can you play hat in time again so I can put the hats back up. we need some joy now
and it reminded me to post this

raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

look man I have to come back to play death wish eventually so it'll happen!!!!!!
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
LaularuKyrumo wrote: 3 years ago Final Fantasy Four Job Fiesta is coming up soon, and that game just so happens to have such a dumb and wacky and stupid and silly sense of humor that I think cowrao might enjoy it?

Does raocow like RPGs? Especially non-Mario, non-dodge-able damage ones.
I mean, he used to play MMOs

But I think the Fiesta is something that should be savored in a way that retains its fun. I would just suggest a normal run, so as to get a feel for the game. In other words, no quadzerkers. (Also, a quadzerker run would be EXTREMELY boring to LP, since you have to grind at many parts)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Venomous
Pronouns: They/them

Post by Venomous »

How about some sort of Kaizo 1 retrospective? I suck at SMW, but I just watched a Kaizo 1 speedrun today, and a lot of the elements that seemed super hard twelve or so years ago seem awfully vanilla nowadays. Seeing as raocow is a lot better at SMW than he used to be, I think it'd be interesting to see him discuss just how much the nature of SMW romhacks have changed since Kaizo 1 came out. Also, it'd be a nice way to cap off the A-Sides.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I've been playing The End Is Nigh again recently and it was already suggested in this thread around the time it came out but I'd like to once again throw that in as a suggestion. It's basically the spiritual successor to Super Meat Boy
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

rancao purse owner 4 is on steam yuo shoudl play ittt
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

All the Megatens
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

oh yeah, famicom digital devil story time
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

when's mahvel
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

marvel vs capcom 3 but it's followed up by persona 2 innocent sin for some fucking bizarre reason
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm pretty sure someone linked this game before, but I can't find it in search, probably because it wasn't stated by its title.

Super Ledgehop: Double Laser is a relatively short game of top-down action with bullet dodging and a slight rhythm game aspect, with you playing as a girl that likes cheesesteak. Also features Yuuto Ichika.

Steam Link
itch.io Link

This was part of the itch.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality that concluded a few days ago - the game in the pack that caught my attention the most.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

I like how this game (Super Ledgehop: Double Laser) justifies four color palette as "color-blindness".
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

S.N.N. wrote: 3 years ago marvel vs capcom 3 but it's followed up by persona 2 innocent sin for some fucking bizarre reason
i saw matt mcmuscles play svc chaos the other day and now i want raocow to play that game if only to see if he gets fucked over by the Sacred Catholic RNG Gods and ends up fighting goenitz

alternately, he figures out GCF and just steamrolls most of the game with it because of how broken it is
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

On behalf of uh, myself I guess. backstory i run a rayman forum that is relatively obscure and also very dead and very tapatalk'd but one of the users i know from the forum made this thing

Rayman Redemption

think like, the sonic fangames that sonic mania devs made before they were official, that's kind of the vibe here.

Play Rayman Redemption. It free.
https://gamejolt.com/games/raymanredemption/340532

"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Man all these familiar games coming out in quick succession, such as

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 on Steam! Gunvolt 1 and the newer spin-off, Luminous Avenger iX, were available on Windows, but Gunvolt 2 wasn't until now.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

xfix wrote: 3 years ago I like how this game (Super Ledgehop: Double Laser) justifies four color palette as "color-blindness".
That'd be cool but I'm not sure blue and red contrast all that well to a colorblind person? Heck, the gray and blue don't contrast that much to ME.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Tobari 2: Dream Ocean is coming to Steam on July 17 with English translation. The game was originally released in I think 2018 on Japanese doujin sites, but Sekai Project is now publishing an English version.

For those who don't know yet, this is a sequel to a previous desunoya game, its English-localization title being Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon. The English version of the first game was actually prepared by some current/former talkhausers. If you remember Hina's Fluffy Dream you may recognize some of the characters; the Tobari characters/settings are basically desunoya's flagship original IP as of now.

The Tobari games work like a mix between Mario-like platforming and Kirby, in the sense that you can attack both by jumping on certain enemies and whacking them with your staff, with the latter method allowing you to extract abilities from them. Dream Ocean is more water-themed and aquatic, as the name implies. Also, the screen size is huge (the first Tobari game is the same window size as SMBX, and the sequel is like 40% larger in diagonal). What sweetens the deal is that the cutscene dialogues are all voiced this time.

desuno streams games on his Youtube channel and recently has been doing some streams playtesting the English version, which is how I found out that this was coming out soon. And something I saw in the streams was that

there's a world based on Hina's Fluffy Dream mechanics - flipping gravity and all that. I suspect that this is how Hina was originally supposed to be before it became more simplified.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

well that's just ridiculous