(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

CuteyWootyPika

Re: request grab-bag

Post by CuteyWootyPika »

HI raocow! It's me, your friendly neighborhood Pikachutey and A-#1 fan! It's been over ten yarrs, but I said to myself — "Golly gee willikers, if the clocks weren't at home in their cuckoos in 2010–2019, maybe 2020–2029 will be a decade of a different breed!" So won't you please consider starting up your super terrific MariAri Let's Play again? Pretty pretty please? :D It's my FAVORITE series of ALL TIME, EVER, by ANY LET' S PLAYER! And it would be the perfect capstone on your super-longtime content career if you went back and played every level single again for the goodfeels nostalgia and really showed that Touhou what for!!! The world has changed so much since way back whenever, but I just think it would bring us all SO MUCH comfort if we had a small taste of the chicken soup that was MariAri. Thanks for everything! You're my fave!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Hmm.

Hmm.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

hoe dont do it
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

how do you anti-fart button a post
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Crow wrote: 1 year ago how do you anti-fart button a post
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

For the benefit of the reader:
FPzero wrote: I would think that the fact that raocow deleted all of mariari and his save data on camera shows his distaste with the endgame and also projects the likelihood that he'd ever play the game again. It should be completely evident at this point how he feels about it.
Cutey Wooty Pikachu! wrote: 14 years ago User was banned for this post. (Permanent)

Great videos today Mr. raocow! The #1 SMW Central chocolate level contest thing entry was so good! And your Super Metroid video was even better! You sure showed that boss a thing or two! I was meaning to ask, since you're all done with the contest playthroughs now, is there any chance you might go back and finish the last level of MariAri? I know I already asked once, and people yelled at me for it, but did you ever hear that one story about the ant and the plant made of rubber trees? You know ants can carry up to 20 times their body weight, and at any given moment there are 10^15 of them living on earth! Wow! I wish I were made of rubber trees!

Cutey Wooty Pikachu!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i like the cut of this "teh penguin of d00m" bitch's jib *holds up spork*
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

raocow wrote: 1 year ago Hmm.

Hmm.
I had thought about it, too, but the game's just way unfair near the end from what people were telling me. Think you'd regret the call by the end!
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

If you haven't heard it to death already:
The Neverhood.
I know it's a bit outside your wheelhouse, but it's from the same studio as Skullmonkeys, and like that, it was run by the project head of Earthworm Jim. It also features the same soundtrack guy (fun fact: the two OSTS are sold as a double album), and he's in even better form there.
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

CuteyWootyPika wrote: 1 year ago -stuff-
based honestly

it's been a million billion years, i think today's model of raocow has enough features to stand the test against mariari
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Total posts is 2 but I only see one

Hmm I wonder why :unclebroadsword:
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

For even further context, check the posting history of the account ano0 quoted. This person was permabanned for incessantly posting about continuing MariAri.

Not gonna lie, if it were me I wouldn't be inclined to heed someone who was permabanned for harassing me about an LP that ended on a sour note and then re-registered a decade later just to resume pestering me about it. Like, sebby begged for soldexus and eventually got himself banned for the spoiler stuff, but at least he engaged with the community beyond those two things. CWP here literally only uses this forum to go "HEY raocow ARE YOU PLAYING MARIARI YET HOW ABOUT NOW HEY HEY HEY". They're either a very dedicated troll or someone who just does not understand the meaning of no.

so yeah here's my counter-request for *spins the wheel* Touhou Block Fall ~ Yukari
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Rixithechao wrote: 1 year ago For even further context, check the posting history of the account ano0 quoted. This person was permabanned for incessantly pestering raocow about continuing MariAri.

Not gonna lie, if it were me I wouldn't be inclined to heed someone who was permabanned for harassing me about an LP that ended on a sour note and then re-registered a decade later just to resume pestering me about it. Like, sebby begged for soldexus and eventually got himself banned for the spoiler stuff, but at least he engaged with the community beyond those two things. CWP here literally only uses this forum to go "HEY raocow ARE YOU PLAYING MARIARI YET HOW ABOUT NOW HEY HEY HEY". They're either a very dedicated troll or someone who just does not understand the meaning of no.
a friend suggested in my dms that it could be tomato jonson impersonating them. jonson's a shitposter on smwc that got banned for being too much of an asshole and he reregs periodically to shitpost and honestly i think that's pretty funny. raocow played some of his stages in like vldcs and shit
Image Image
CuteyWootyPika

Post by CuteyWootyPika »

ano0maly wrote: 1 year ago Total posts is 2 but I only see one

Hmm I wonder why
When you register, you have to make a post on the I'm Not A Bot forum to prove you've got brains in your head and toes on your feet! 8-) I must have at least half those things, because I probably woulda fallen down the stairs about five times this morning if I didn't have toes! They are a very underrated body part!

a friend suggested in my dms that it could be tomato jonson impersonating them. jonson's a shitposter on smwc that got banned for being too much of an asshole and he reregs periodically to shitpost and honestly i think that's pretty funny. raocow played some of his stages in like vldcs and shit
I just double-checked and I'm 100% most definitely me, myself, and Irene! I don't see any tomatos, no jonsons either! Let me just say though, it's really great to be welcomed back here after sooooo many years. Everyone is so chill!

Speaking of tomatos, you know what rhymes with tomato? Potato Man. Bring back the Potato Man! :mrgreen:
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Rixithechao wrote: 1 year agoLike, sebby begged for soldexus and eventually got himself banned for the spoiler stuff
Okay, I understand the latter is bad (and have personally witnessed him doing it myself in a thread or two), but is the former bad? Did raocow ever tell him no but he kept begging for it?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

nyoro~n
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

CuteyWootyPika wrote: 1 year ago I just double-checked and I'm 100% most definitely me, myself, and Irene! I don't see any tomatos, no jonsons either! Let me just say though, it's really great to be welcomed back here after sooooo many years. Everyone is so chill!

Speaking of tomatos, you know what rhymes with tomato? Potato Man. Bring back the Potato Man! :mrgreen:
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

TiKi wrote: 1 year ago
Rixithechao wrote: 1 year agoLike, sebby begged for soldexus and eventually got himself banned for the spoiler stuff
Okay, I understand the latter is bad (and have personally witnessed him doing it myself in a thread or two), but is the former bad? Did raocow ever tell him no but he kept begging for it?
I don’t think raocow ever explicitly said no to LPing soldexus in the first place, but iirc he did say he wouldn’t be doing the second character’s story in that game despite sebby complaining about that. I’d argue deleting mariari on camera is a pretty unsubtle implicit no, though.

idk. maybe sebby isn’t the best comparison, all things considered, but there really haven’t been many cases of someone developing a reputation for begging for a single specific LP this much. nobody else comes to mind.

I will say, raocow is free to change his mind, and if so this wouldn’t be the first time he’s done so on not LPing or revisiting a game. I still think it’s a bad idea to give in to someone that, if they’re being sincere, has a pretty clear disregard for you as a person over your lolwacky in-video persona… but if raocow sets his mind to doing it, I’ll still respect the decision and wish him luck.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I honestly believe that like. MariAri looks really unfun as someone who finds mice super imprecise for anything more than image editing and pixel art (and I'm not good at pixel art). Also I do not like Mario & Wario: The Game even with a super fast mouse and SNES9x.

I just think CuteyWooteyPika (if it is The Real CuteyWooteyPika) is really fucking funny. You could make an argument that accepting MariAri would be ruining the joke

ALSO raocow PLAY JUMPING FLASH ALREADY YOU DICKLESS WONDER
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

of all the touhou replays to do though that one would definitely be the least fun nyoro~n

and yet i cannot deny i have had a hunger for its return.. :catcrime:
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

All this mari ari talk has reminded me of a game I've been playing recently. It's kinda like Mario and Wario but not really? Idk how else to describe it. You have predefined objects to place and your character will jump over gaps and collect more blocks, you have the ability to stop time temporarily to place them. There are a lot of different and varied mechanics across the 8 worlds, it's really neat.

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

do it.
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

mario teaches typing

full lp
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

actually I kind of want to see rao do a real-life-core of Mario+Wario, if only to get a feel for how ridiculous the whole MariAri thing was at the end.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

raekuul wrote: 1 year ago actually I kind of want to see rao do a real-life-core of Mario+Wario, if only to get a feel for how ridiculous the whole MariAri thing was at the end.
the idea of raocow finally doing a facecam but his head is under a bucket so we literally just have effectively a shoulder reveal would be hilarious but also sadly unviable
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner