(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Kiniko

Re: Well, this thread isn't what I expected to do either!

Post by Kiniko »

After seeing raocow play an exploration based game and a puzzle based game, I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with something like this

http://zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=395

I'm honestly not sure how well it would go, seeing the nature of a zelda game, but he's surprised me before, just look at how well most of MariAri went.
rPrydeIzzle

Post by rPrydeIzzle »

raocow wrote:
It is my opinion that if you're going to lp anything touhou, it's lunatic or bust.
how can one possibly play lunatic AND speak words at the same time, you either have to be... chuck norris... or ... well, raocow!
Image stupid horse...
Mrmrkohl

Post by Mrmrkohl »

LUNATIC! AWESOMENESSFUL!
I'm back... and as useless as ever!!!
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I hear that Rosenkreuzstilette is good. You should try that. It's Japanese, it's indie, and not many people have heard of it either.
Nithy

Post by Nithy »

It might be kinda over lp'ed already, but i'll suggest it anyways.
Secret Maryo Chronicles http://www.secretmaryo.org/
It's a platformer, very similar to Super Mario World, and i know you can use gamepads.
Here's a video with some gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m90e1OrXn7Q
ThatCalvineGuy

Post by ThatCalvineGuy »

raocow wrote:
It is my opinion that if you're going to lp anything touhou, it's lunatic or bust.
are you sure you want to be saying "JESUS FRICKIN HELL" every 5 seconds?
then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing...
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

I know it's a short game that even I beat in one setting, but Sushi Cat would be just hilarious for the first eight or nine minutes. Apparently there's a sequel expansion pack that I never played, so, goodbye working while at work!

ZZT was referenced in VVVVVV, it's a DOS game that the guy who made it basically said, "Yeah, whatever, give it out freely nobody cares about it anymore." It plays like ANSI Zelda except you have a gun instead of a sword and also it has a world creator and whatnot. Sadly, the Super Mario World Central of that game is down right now so I don't know what's going on. I've not used this site, but it looks like it might be able to hook you up or something.

Dang it, there was this one crazy 3D "fighting" game where you would select different flash drives/USB sticks and they'd form a robot that'd fight it out with another robot made out of flash drives and USB sticks, but I can't find it nor where I found it any more.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
fartbobII

Post by fartbobII »

raocow could you do I want to be the guy
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/downloads.php
Thank you
cooltrainerwes

Post by cooltrainerwes »

I suggest the game "Super Bonk" for the Super Nintendo.. It seems right up raocow's alley.. To this day it is the most random game I've ever played.
SyrusRayne

Post by SyrusRayne »

Signed up to make this suggestion; Yume Nikki. It's probably not your thing, really, but at least it's not an RPG. Thought I'd suggest it, anyway.

Actually, another good one to play would be Cave Story.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Welp, to many people's shagrin I'm sure, I just got done recording the first video for Bunny Must Die. Looks pretty fun, and I'll get used to the controls soon enough.

It's definitely a metroidvania type of game so hopefully it'll scratch an itch!

I'll probably keep this thread around however. I won't say no to having all the people's requests in one single location, links and all - it'll make this sort of thing easier in the future.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

raocow please don't play something that will only make you frustrated. Really, really hard games (and I don't mean simply hard games like the ones you enjoy playing) are for raw footage without commentary simply to showcase an impressive playing skills. That alone is worth watching it. It's not for LP.

You don't like playing Kaizo, it's the same thing.
Deekay

Yume 2kki

Post by Deekay »

Yume 2kki - Because it's awesome, and doesn't get as much love as Yume Nikki. (Despite, in my opinion, being much, much, better than it's predecessor, Yume Nikki)

The entire game is in Japanese, but there's no dialogue, and the game can easily be played without any knowledge of the language. Basically it's kind of like an exploration game, where you explore the main character's (Urotsuki's) dreams. Whether they're colorful and cheery, or bloody and disturbing. There's also a bunch of "effects" you can pick up and use to your advantage. (Like everyone's favorite, the chainsaw) I don't think it's been LP'd either, so bonus points. It's best to just roam and explore on your own, but you most likely won't be able to find everything without the help of a guide or something. (Youtube comments?)

You can download the latest version (v0.092) here: DOWNLOAD

Here are some pictures:
ImageImageImage
(yes, that IS a penguin suit)

Edit: Oh, looks like I'm late. xD
Last edited by Deekay 13 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Gwaur

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Gwaur »

I suggest Bloboats.

Bloboats is a quite unkown boating game inspired by Elasto Mania, which you all probably know already. It entered a game development competition a few years ago and landed in fourth out of 14. Fun-motion has a review of it (along with screenshots and a video), and the newest version of the game can be downloaded for free from the Bloboats web site.
Suzumiya Haruhi is my wife. Oh yeah, she has interest in me!
Tatrion

Post by Tatrion »

Also requesting Lyle in Cube Sector, posted earlier in this thread. The first independent game I ever played, and I still think it's one of the funnest. To elaborate more on it, it's metroidvania, but it's a comfortably small map without being so short it's over too quickly, and the difficulty is quite well-balanced (Starts medium-easy, ends medium-hard). Getting 100% requires some ingenuity, but it's not horrible, either. Basically, it's a really comfortable game, not to mention a bit of a quirky mood throughout the game, too.

I know it's selfish of me to only bother signing up on the forums to request like this, but I've been following for about 4-5 months now, since someone pointed you out to me on SMWC. It's rare you get an LPer that's as funny and quirky, yet not outright silly, as raocow. Thanks for being so entertaining, heh.
oyeah1988

Post by oyeah1988 »

Joseph Staleknight wrote:I hear that Rosenkreuzstilette is good. You should try that. It's Japanese, it's indie, and not many people have heard of it either.
This.
It's a Megaman Tribute, (not a clone, like many call it) but is in a difficulty class like MegaMari, but stays fun throughout the entire game.
Cronocke

Post by Cronocke »

I'm gonna toss in a recommendation for a NES game that didn't get enough love when it came out, and hasn't been talked about much since.

It's called Gimmick!

It's the story of an adorable little green plushie toy with a yellow unicorn horn, named Yumetaro. He's given to a young girl as a birthday present, only for her to vanish in the middle of the night. He chases after her, leaping through a portal into another dimension, to rescue her.

It never came out anywhere except in Japan and (in very limited quantities) Scandinavia, but there's no dialogue anyway - even the cutscenes are wordless.

It has its own sound chip built into the cart that allows it to have a greater range and quality of music than most other NES games.

There was buzz for a little while about the game coming to America as Mr. Gimmick, with the sound chip removed for compatibility reasons, but that never came to pass.

I'd love to see this game covered by someone with a decently large audience of fans, so it can get the kind of exposure it never really had the chance to.
cousinoer5

Post by cousinoer5 »

Kiniko wrote:After seeing raocow play an exploration based game and a puzzle based game, I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with something like this

http://zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=395

I'm honestly not sure how well it would go, seeing the nature of a zelda game, but he's surprised me before, just look at how well most of MariAri went.
Seconding this, I suggested ZC last "Looking for a game" thread, and I'm back to suggest it on this thread!

There's so many great quests out there, that you could probably devote a whole LP channel to it and still take years to finish all of them.

As for my quest suggestions, I have 3 depending on how crazy raocow wants to be:

1: Origin - The sane choice: It's basically a reinvisioning of the original LoZ with different graphics, different dungeons (though the layout is the same, the rooms have changed quite a bit, plus you get to see some really nice gimmicks on the latter half of them!), and a different looking overworld (but the layout is the same here too, all the landmarks are in the same place relative to your starting position).

Link: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=203

2: Link's Birthday DX - The kind of sane choice: This is a completely different quest, no relation to the original except for the engine and stuff. The difficulty is moderate, and it's a really fun quest.

Link: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=105

3: Lost Isle - The not sane choice: This quest is massive, remember the overworld in the original Zelda? Yeah, multiply that by 6 and you have this game's overworld! That's not even counting the 5 dungeons (5 may not seem like much compared to the original's 9, but their size more than makes up for it). It's an amazing quest, it really is, but it might not be the best idea for a first foray into ZC (especially for LPing, seeing as how you want to have content in every video, there'd probably be ungodly editting work required).

Link: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=204

It looks like you've already chosen a game, but keep ZC in mind for a future LP sometime, it really is an amazing program with a bunch of amazing quest makers behind it. ;)
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

oyeah1988 wrote:
Joseph Staleknight wrote:I hear that Rosenkreuzstilette is good. You should try that. It's Japanese, it's indie, and not many people have heard of it either.
This.
It's a Megaman Tribute, (not a clone, like many call it) but is in a difficulty class like MegaMari, but stays fun throughout the entire game.
Not to mention, that it has a very engaging story for a doujin. Like, really engaging. I've never seen another game that has as much depth to it.
mr_e_s

Post by mr_e_s »

Just signed up to suggest Super Bonk.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I was going to suggest a Super Metroid hack but there's the possibility that one of the most looked forward to SM hacks, Super Metroid Aegis, will be released in the coming weeks, and it looks amazing, so I'm not sure if I'd want to suggest another one if that's around the corner. Maybe that can be for another time.

If you could get it cheap on Steam or something, World of Goo is a beautiful physics-based puzzle game. It won multiple Game of the Year awards for 2008 too. I've got it for Wii and it's great, but it's also for PC.
GAoctavio

Post by GAoctavio »

oh shi- thats what i get for not readeing the entire topic :D
Last edited by GAoctavio 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Deekay

Post by Deekay »

Someone didn't read the topic post. :)
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

I'm really hoping the above post was a joke.

[edit] Above you, Deekay.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »