(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Kilgamayan »

A SMW romhack called Massimo is a perfect choice to play alongside the AtMM series.

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

hi i don't frequently read this thread so i don't know if this has been mentioned already but there's this wario land 4 inspired indie game in development right now that has a demo out, it's called Pizza Tower

i dunno what the development timeline for the game looks like right now but this would be amazing for an lp when it's finished
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Mbibli's Wario
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

It has shinespark
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Oh yes, Massimo is one of the first SMW Rom Hacks that I played back then. It does play more like a Metroidvania than normal and it's unique in its own way. It's theme is dark and it has some good gimmicky stages as well.

I haven't seen any playthroughs of this. No LPs, no Real-Time or Tool Assisted Speedruns and even no simple playthroughs.

Too bad it was badly rated by SMW, but you may give this one a chance if you can rao.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Can I unironically suggest Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom here or is that a little too out of it even for our wheelhouse
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

this isn't the first time that game's been suggested in this thread and it's not the first time I'm seconding the suggestion
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

I'd like to suggest Focus, by Jesse Venbrux (the guy who made Karoshi!)

It's a fun, super fast-paced platformer where you teleport around really fast. It's also very short, I think you could beat it in 1 or 2 videos, assuming you don't get stuck in a difficult level.

In each room, you must destroy certain blocks to progress to the next. There are cannons that fire homing missiles at you constantly. You can move and jump like in a normal platformer, but you can also use your focus power, which slows down time while you choose a spot to teleport to.

http://www.venbrux.com/freeware.php (at the bottom)

Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Some obscure platformer you've probably never heard of or played but it's good fun
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

Yume Nikki

Probably best as a one-off or a three-off or something but I just think it would be cool to see raocow play it
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

That game was suggested early on in the grab-bag, and there was a resounding NO from everyone.

I've played a little, and I agree, would not make a good LP.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago That game was suggested early on in the grab-bag, and there was a resounding NO from everyone.

I've played a little, and I agree, would not make a good LP.
Huh, really? I understand that it's super boring to some people and I can see why some of them wouldn't recommend it, but there seriously weren't any fans defending it?

A full lp of it would definitely drag on (not that there's really a goal anyways) but that's why I was suggesting it as an smaller extra thing.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Smibbix wrote: 5 years agoHuh, really? I understand that it's super boring to some people and I can see why some of them wouldn't recommend it, but there seriously weren't any fans defending it?

A full lp of it would definitely drag on (not that there's really a goal anyways) but that's why I was suggesting it as an smaller extra thing.
Doesn't that rely pretty heavily on dialogue? It'd be an awful choice for raocow to lp for the same reason rpgs are. He just speeds right through dialogue while paying the barest attention possible to it. For something filled with dialogue that'd be to the detriment of the lp.
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago Doesn't that rely pretty heavily on dialogue? It'd be an awful choice for raocow to lp for the same reason rpgs are. He just speeds right through dialogue while paying the barest attention possible to it. For something filled with dialogue that'd be to the detriment of the lp.
There is absolutely zero dialogue in the game other than menus. It's not actually anything
like an RPG, despite being made with RPG Maker. It's actually just an exploration game where you walk around and look at surreal/funny/creepy stuff, which is exactly why seeing raocow's reactions would be cool. There's really no objectives; the world is basically one giant maze, which is why seeing a full-sized lp of it would be so dull.
Best Quotes:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Yeah Yume Nikki is dialogue-free, and I personally think having some kind of text to instruct the player would have better results than having no text at all and is one big cryptic sandbox

Also RPG Maker isn't the same as RPG that's correct

All of this was already discussed almost four years ago
Leet

Post by Leet »

i thought everyone knew about yume nikki but i guess not
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoYeah Yume Nikki is dialogue-free, and I personally think having some kind of text to instruct the player would have better results than having no text at all and is one big cryptic sandbox
I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm thinking of then, lol.
churine

Post by churine »

reading back on it I'm gonna bring back up the way for raocow to yume nikki is houchou shoujo gensoukyoku
(or: yume nikki metroidvania)

I don't think it's translated so the

wall of text ending

sure happens, but other than that true to the source the only text is items which are very self-explanatory and could be given translations if anything
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

churine wrote: 5 years ago reading back on it I'm gonna bring back up the way for raocow to yume nikki is houchou shoujo gensoukyoku
(or: yume nikki metroidvania)

I don't think it's translated so the

wall of text ending

sure happens, but other than that true to the source the only text is items which are very self-explanatory and could be given translations if anything
That's an interesting idea, but I just feel like playing yume nikki fangames before actually playing the original is kind of redundant. (By the way, there's a fully translated version of Yume Nikki on steam, so raocow wouldn't have to use a Japanese version or the old janky english one)
Best Quotes:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It wouldn't be redundant though if you play the said fangame in lieu of the original game as an alternate take with different gameplay.
Leet

Post by Leet »

I'm pretty sure the official English version is more janky than the old one (or at least was pre-patches?)