(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Grounder

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Grounder »

plz no

i'm already kind of burned out on replays, there's no need for a more recent game to get one
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Kshaard wrote: 5 years agoA2MT is very much playable and "done", if you will, but there are still so many random niggling flaws with lots of the levels that I don't think the subsequent LP experience would be all that much better than the zombie version had been. I still think there is a genuinely decent game in A2MT, just with a few minor level design tweaks that haven't been implemented.
Well, looks like I'm on the fresh game side of the argument.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).

And while this should really go in the other topic, I think the Top 10 in Patreon polls should be cut down to Top 5, since 10 surprisingly take a very long time to go through (and kill hype for a game by the end). Especially with raocow inserting whatever he feels like in between.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).

And while this should really go in the other topic, I think the Top 10 in Patreon polls should be cut down to Top 5, since 10 surprisingly take a very long time to go through (and kill hype for a game by the end). Especially with raocow inserting whatever he feels like in between.
wouldn't be nearly as bad if people didn't keep requesting monoliths like rabi-ribi and hollow knight
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i don't know how rabi-ribi is a monolith when distorted travesty 3 exists :P

what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).
To be fair, that's a new character (even with old levels) rather than being a replay of the same game with the same mode.

If it's any consolation, there's someone that did a playthrough the full game which includes Ava mode.

And I'm personally skeptical about an ASMT playthrough. At least with A2MT, raocow has expressed some interest in revisiting it as a packaged hack with some closure to loose ends (to clarify things for Petzi, it's "wrapped up" to make it look not incomplete, but I think it's still not finished relative to its original objectives before the project was cancelled). But I don't see much value in replaying ASMT when people that want to see it or forgot its contents can just go see the old let's play. Many people that contributed to it aren't around in talkhaus anymore, so there's also diminished value of connect with the present community. Don't forget that it's a very much aged hack
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah, how dare we recommend games to raocow that he'd enjoy playing
Leet

Post by Leet »

Damn, you got me, i'm really owned right now... fuck...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
Hollow Knight is incredibly good and as someone who has been watching raocow for like, almost a decade, I don't think I'm missing the point to like watching him play it
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I mean, the rules of the system are that people that pay get to vote for whatever they want (presumably within reason), and whatever happens happens. There's not much point in getting upset about it.

EDIT: I mean that in the sense of getting upset by the game lineup. The system itself may be worth discussion.
Last edited by Kilgamayan 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago
Leet wrote: 5 years ago Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
Hollow Knight is incredibly good and as someone who has been watching raocow for like, almost a decade, I don't think I'm missing the point to like watching him play it
No, but I do think you missed the point of my post.

I'd explain better but it was just supposed to be an idle comment and now everybody wants to hot take me about how upset I am so whatever... I didn't mean to bother anyone
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through
I wouldn't underestimate raocow this way.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

@Leet: I get that you want to see more niche fanwork games and lesser known projects, but... there are factors that put a limit to that. raocow made this his job now, so it may not be sustainable without enough mix of games and playthroughs that attract more attention and more liking by viewers. And deliberately looking for games that are more obscure (that would make good let's plays) isn't always easy, and the results don't always work out very well. Games that have a wider recognition/good reception are more reliable beforehand.

There are still upcoming LPs of fangames and whatnot (mainly from A-side). And there are indie and small-team projects that just happened to become better known, like Rosenkreuzstilette. Nothing wrong with that.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through
I wouldn't underestimate raocow this way.
more than anything, la-mulana punishes you for not paying attention

i have watched enough raocow to know this is a particular weak point for him
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoAt least with A2MT, raocow has expressed some interest in revisiting it as a packaged hack with some closure to loose ends (to clarify things for Petzi, it's "wrapped up" to make it look not incomplete, but I think it's still not finished relative to its original objectives before the project was cancelled).
Thanks. Yeah, it's definitely not something I'd super excited about, since the LP would be mostly the same.

ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoraocow made this his job now, so it may not be sustainable without enough mix of games and playthroughs that attract more attention and more liking by viewers.
I definitely agree, it would be cool to see raocow play more mainstream games once in a while, and it would attract more viewers. I'd even like to watch him streaming, as long as it wasn't a game where he has to replay the same part over and over (again, it could be profitable). But being true to himself is more important, of course.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Leet wrote:Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
I don't agree at all. The point of the thread is to suggest games he may not otherwise consider. Popularity of said game is completely irrelevant to that.
Parama wrote: 5 years agomore than anything, la-mulana punishes you for not paying attention

i have watched enough raocow to know this is a particular weak point for him
Though this is also raocow so things most people consider difficult, like the mantras puzzle, he may just blunder his way through without ever even realizing what he's doing. I can see him getting stuck on some of the less obscure puzzles though, lol.
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Hey, how come raocow never plays fighting games? Does he think they don't do for a good LP?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I know Beat 'em Ups have been suggested, not just here but in Patapon Pools as well, and i don't think they've ever done well. Not sure about Fighting games, though I do know that raocow seems to enjoy them.

I'd be up to watch.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

He played one Touhou based fighter, but that was an 'in-between projects' one-off, and he was discussing something else entirely, not even paying attention to the game.

I don't really have an opinion, but I personally don't really play any fighting games, that aren't Smash.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

he played double dragon 2 in 2014
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I don't remember that one. Very strange I don't.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I think the main reason raocow doesn't LP fighting games is that there's a bit of a disconnect with the LP audience that he's cultivated. People watch raocow to see various flavors of 2D (and very rarely 3D I guess) platformers. Anything else is a little risky.

There was that time raocow tried to do a MUGEN thing on SA that I think would up being something of a flop (referenced and linked to here):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoI don't really have an opinion, but I personally don't really play any fighting games, that aren't Smash.
Personally I wouldn't be against watching him play a decent fighting game like Skullgirls or Tekken 7 but I'm not so sure it'd make for a decent lp.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

subspace emissary when

just joking the maze at the end where the game suddenly decides it wants to be metroid would make it not worth the trouble all on its own
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage