(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Re: request grab-bag

Post by camwoodstock »

we don't know how it would even work but Super COLLAPSE! 3 sounds like a hilarious LP concept. realistically any weird shareware trinkets off realarcade/gamehouse could be a fun time but Super COLLAPSE! 3 is one of the few to breach the PC ceiling as it got onto DS for some ungodly reason. though we totally recommend the PC version as it's also standalone without realarcade/gamehouse's launchers.
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Nast

Post by Nast »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago
Yes yes yes I was going to recommend this too. I played the demo and it was very cute
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i, also, played the demo and would recommend this

it's on my list to get sooooooon™
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

speaking of demos i should play the star ocean 6 demo on ps4 soon before the full game comes out on pc around october or some shit

i've seen footage of spirit and mouse on twitter because i follow people who are really into size difference and indie games starring animals and it looks fun so consider this a recommendation if u want
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Posted in the Spotzone, but it should go here as well

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SAJewers wrote: 1 year ago Posted in the Spotzone, but it should go here as well

this is procedural generation only, looking at the steam description
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

https://romhacking.com/hack/ELISE

this is too good to pass on

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

fuck it play one of these.

Jack Bros: virtual boy twinstick shooter starring shin megami tensei demons. fun for the whole family also first smt game to come out in the west before last bible and persona 1 lmao

Poinie's Poin: neat little japan only (with an english mode) platformer on the ps2 that kind of reminds me of tempo on 32x in its aesthetics. there's a whole mechanic about messing with enemies' emotions depending on the color of the candy pill you give them (i think they're called Poins?). crazy shit, have not seen gameplay of it in ages

Gamera 2000: playstation panzer dragoon but it has gamera so it's automatically just as good. also stages are interspliced with live action cutscenes fully dubbed in english and also, apparently this game has a plot that makes even less sense than most kaiju films, hell all of the gamera films have more coherent plots? did not verify but it certainly piqued my interest

Napple Tale: have not played this one either, but it has a translation patch. japan only platformer action rpg on the dreamcast with yoko kanno music, mostly developed by women. i'd recommend it on the aesthetics alone, reveal fantasia/tenerezza ass "hello we are japan and we have no idea how to make graphics look better than psx/sat" vibes, but apparently it just fucks super hard? like down right fire? i don't know the details but someone do post in the thread if there's any grind spots that could turn raocow off and i'll recall this suggestion.

Not Treasure Hunter: okay i don't actually know if you can play this, i'm not sure if there's a menu translation but it's a garbage adventure game on the psx that seems super funny, plays like a bad resi. if you're unable to play this just look up a longplay, there is one on youtube that is by an english language streaming channel, i think you could vibe with this game

Gungrave: i once saw chip cheezum stream this and it is utmost deculture. this is the most hot topic video game i have ever seen, up there with shadow the hedgehog and devil may cry. i remember hearing it controls kind of eh, and that there might be some copyrighted audio in the game but holy shit. also this game somehow got mixed up in the whole b tier crossover fest that was idea factory's chaos wars. no idea how shadow hearts got in that game either, i think idea factory just Has Connections

Godhand: lmao

Dynamite Deka 2: derek from ssff says this game is bad but he's lying this game looks fucking epic. the only problem is that you play as cops

JJ and Jeff: this game actually rules. before it was changed in america, it was actually based on like the hosts of the japanese precursor to funniest american home videos or whatever, but it plays super well. i don't know why people shit on it so bad, it's actually a really fun wonder boy-like with pretty solid physics, though this could just be me recovering from the garbage that was shubibinman 1. there's also a submechanic about unlocking the fourth stage in a world through hidden keys which i think is why people are so mad about it but it's super funny to me

Work Time Fun: playstation warioware

Reikai Doushi: Chinese Exorcist: Early digitized fighting game on mahjong game hardware :)
when have i ever steered you wrong

to be fair i kind of opened up the bakage/mystery work section of gcmatome and just went ham for the last few of these
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago Gungrave: i once saw chip cheezum stream this and it is utmost deculture. this is the most hot topic video game i have ever seen, up there with shadow the hedgehog and devil may cry. i remember hearing it controls kind of eh, and that there might be some copyrighted audio in the game but holy shit. also this game somehow got mixed up in the whole b tier crossover fest that was idea factory's chaos wars. no idea how shadow hearts got in that game either, i think idea factory just Has Connections
I would like to strongly second the grave of gun it is a fascinating game and an even more fascinating anime that somehow is better the less it adapts of the game

also the huge guy named bob turns into a helicopter and I hate it but I love to hate it

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I've added *some* of these suggestions to my bucket but not all of them !!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Once Gylt (one of like five Stadia exclusive games in its 3-year lifespan) gets ported to other platforms after the cloud gaming service shuts down in January, will you play it?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I don't know if I know what that is ?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

A Little Nightmares-like light horror adventure game by Tequila Works that was a launch title for the soon sunsetting platform:

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

okay i know you've played like smb1 as a joke and smb3 ascetically and smw ascetically

but what about super mario bros 2j/lost levels

i think you'd like it a bit, it's very vip. i have no real ideas on what way you can remix the playthrough

as for version you could play i recommend either all stars or disk system. disk system has a similar continue system to smb1, w9 is a one shot and wA-D are only available after beating it 8 times (it saves to disk and is denoted by stars in the title), but it has better physics. all stars allows you to pick up from the level you game overed at and you can do w9 with multiple lives and a-d on a single run through, but it has jankier physics due to how the smb1 engine runs in smas.

pick your poison. it should be fun
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

hi it's me again :shobon:

12 stage SIGathon by Nitrogen, author of a few levels in Rakugaki and MaGL4 (and one in AAT?). Maybe it'll be a nice palate cleanser. It'll probably lose to yet another indie game if it gets to votes tho
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i am once again asking for luigi's mansion 1
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

it's in the list for what it's worth
AWMonopolyMan

Post by AWMonopolyMan »

Hopefully once the PC backport update happens for 17.5 (around 2 week’s time according to the devs), at some point in the future raocow will be able to tackle the new story involving Yuuma Toutetsu (the game’s final boss) and finally solve the mystery of the Greedy Trial (also Easy Mode will be added with that update), unfortunately, the official translation isn’t coming with the back port update so gotta wait for Fans to translate the new stuff.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

ALPHA SPHERE got a lil prequel...

idk if you wanna play both in halloween but the option's there!
play the original first if you do

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

https://rpgmaker.net/games/12678/

nepheshel got translated, music of it was in vip6 so u have to play it now!!!!!!!!!! (very much a joke, i don't know if you could make it work lmao)
Daizo wrote: 1 year ago ALPHA SPHERE got a lil prequel...

idk if you wanna play both in halloween but the option's there!
play the original first if you do
i was talking about this with underway the other day, haven't played it yet but it seems to be ambitious despite its writing being a bit silly at times. keep making experimental non-platformers bro, more people need to make weird shit in smw beyond just "generic kaizo hack" and "generic standard hack".
Image Image
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

I mentioned it because the original is in the bucket.txt, just figured I'd request "AS Zero" too.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Daizo wrote: 1 year ago I mentioned it because the original is in the bucket.txt, just figured I'd request "AS Zero" too.
By all means, bro. I'm just commenting on it because I was talking to underway about it a week or so ago. Over the past few months, they have opened my eyes to the prospect of weird SMW hacks that don't necessarily try to be platformers. I'm much more open to stuff like Massimo nowadays, which I was actually playing earlier today. I would also recc Massimo to raocow, but it's super low key and a bit flat in level design, so I don't think he'd enjoy it. It's also a bit confusing, a lot of stages feel kinda vague, and there aren't many midpoints, 2009 natch.

Not as bad in terms of vagueness as the "Sonic CD SNES v0.2" hack I downloaded from the waiting section for kicks (the screenshots jesus christ), really fascinating little specimen that hack is, I'd like to see the dev, Figui, try to channel that sort of sprawling, winding level design into something more cohesive but still in that vein, in the future. Undy couldn't even beat a stage because they have never played Sonic CD tho lmao

I'll try Alpha Sphere later in a few days maybe? No promises. I am really susceptible to jumpscares though ;w;

Sorry for the late reply <3
Image Image
Donut

Post by Donut »

Just want to update that Touhou 17.5's Steam version has now been updated to include the Yuuma scenario and Greedy Challenge, in case that needs to be formally added to the bucket list. Yuuma's scenario appears to be quite meaty, with multiple opponents having all new spell cards, but it would still be a fairly short project even with the Greedy Challenge (which I assume would be done once with a character of raocow's choice).

Also as a side note, the Switch port contains an English translation, and for this reason the game finally gained an official English title: Sunken Fossil World.
raocow

Post by raocow »

does anyone know if this game has steam cloud support?
this was played on my previous computer, after all