(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

momo

Re: request grab-bag

Post by momo »

Play McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure for the Genesis

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Nah, Sneak King is better.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
muuma

Post by muuma »

I'm not sure I ever requested that but...there is a nice platformer/action game called Dynamite Headdy on the Genesis. It's a game made by Treasure but it's not a shoot'em up this time. Headdy can change his head using power-ups and has access to 16 different heads which all have a specific characteristic, allowing Headdy to act differently in each level and he can reach different places this way. The levels are beautifully colored, the music is nice, the levels are nicely made and you can use different strategies to make your way through the levels. I suggest you choose the japanese version over the american version, you have dialogs you can't read and no jokes with the title of each level, but it's more hard overall. I had a good time with it as a kid. :D
I see what you did there...
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

muuma wrote:Dynamite Headdy
Seconded.

(Kinda impressed you wouldn't have LPed this one by now rao, I'd almost imagine this would be the absolute perfect companion to your commentary style.)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

no, fuck this
raocow wrote:
raocow

just play all of these

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Headdy
Alien Soldier
Guardian Heroes
Mischief Makers
Silhouette Mirage
Bangai-O
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Gunstar Super Heroes

i don't know if the rest of their library would make for good lps
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I take back my positive review of ASPE. It sucks. Don't play it. Or, you know, stop after the first world. That would work too.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

KobaBeach wrote:Stuff
...Wow...
I didn't realize Treasure's library, really. It's interesting because almost none of their games do I associate "This is a Treasure game" with. But looking at their games list on wiki it's fascinating what all that they've made.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The Doctor wrote:I take back my positive review of ASPE. It sucks. Don't play it. Or, you know, stop after the first world. That would work too.
that's a pretty harsh turn over. what happened?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

rao could give this a shot. It's a neat little one sitter type game I enjoyed.
Last edited by pholtos 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Money

Post by Money »

geez raocow why did you never finish 8 powers gosh you are just the worst lets player ever
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

raocow wrote:
The Doctor wrote:I take back my positive review of ASPE. It sucks. Don't play it. Or, you know, stop after the first world. That would work too.
Fair warning: if you decide against playing this, I will snatch that shit up yo. For better or worse, Anikiti is my waifu level designer and looking back; I have no idea how or why that happened. I'm weird.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Psycrow
Game designer

Post by Psycrow »

I've always thought mari0 -- Mario with a portal gun (http://stabyourself.net/mari0/) -- was pretty cool. Apparently was played by Rooster Teeth at some point. There's a trailer there on that site that shows most of it.
Its trailer does not, however, show much of what I consider to be its best feature, which is the actual Portal-style levels, which are actually pretty clever. (This is just one world of the portal-style puzzle levels; there are three worlds total, actually probably more if you get into what other people have made that you can download.)

The level maker is also really easy to use and neat. Combining portals with real platforming + enemies is something I don't think I've ever seen done before. This is a level I made in one afternoon, without ever having used the level maker before, and (after looking up how) also included custom backgrounds/music. In sections like the last part (when I'm not playing it the easy way) you get a feel of how some of the little puzzles and platforming/enemies can work together (though there were some things I didn't show off in the video like simply portaling an enemy over lava, into a hole, or just off-screen, etc, and I didn't show nearly as many puzzle elements as I could have-- maybe you can teleport a Bullet Bill to a place that he's useful to jump on as a platform, for example).

Because of the capabilities of the portal/platforming system, easy-to-use level maker, and how it all fits together to create something unique, it may be a consideration for a full Talkhaus creation someday, or at least a mechanic to implement into SMBX or at least one level of of a production. If nothing else, just wanted to share this with the Talkhaus for those that didn't know about it (I'd already PM'd raocow previously with a heads-up about it).
Game Designer -- The Mind Hero -- Puzzle/platform/dating sim to teach actual psychology too
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

raocow wrote:
The game is very well put together and filled with good ideas and I was -- despite a few problems -- loving the first world. But then I made it to a certain World 2 level that absolutely wrecked my face. A level that was overly long, required dumb luck, killed me at the slightest mistake, and hurt my eyes. The funny thing is that the level isn't even that hard, but it was so unfair and unfun that I died around 50+ times before I finally threw in the towel. It's unfortunate because with a few changes it could have been a great level, but it's as if the designer never stopped to ask "is this fun to play?"

I kept thinking if this is what they're throwing at me in World 2, I don't even want to see the rest of the game. So I stopped.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

well uh if its a colab then one level out of a bunch of great ones being stupid hard is kind of.... to be expected and also non-indicative? thats... one bad level in a collab is not a very good reason to tell raocow he shouldnt play it.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Leet wrote:well uh if its a colab then one level out of a bunch of great ones being stupid hard is kind of.... to be expected and also non-indicative? thats... one bad level in a collab is not a very good reason to tell raocow he shouldnt play it.
It's a collab? I thought it was one guy.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

We learned it was a collab recently, and in fact a number of VIP contributors worked on it too.

Though even if it was by one guy, a single level being bad still requires some more looking into the game before making a judgement like that IMO i guess
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Still stuck at Level 2 of the first world. I don't know if either I sucked at playing SMW with no savestating or the level is hard.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Leet wrote:Though even if it was by one guy, a single level being bad still requires some more looking into the game before making a judgement like that IMO i guess
That was the level that made me quit playing, but there were other levels that I had problems with too.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Super 3-D Noah's Ark is finally available on Steam!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
momo

Post by momo »

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Horikawa Otane wrote:you could always play soldexus
You know, maybe I'll give that level from hell a few more tries. It had nice graphics.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So this is a thing that is on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/283080/

translator's note: Kingdom of Oukoku = Kingdom of Kingdom
Miyuron

Post by Miyuron »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote:So this is a thing that is on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/283080/

translator's note: Kingdom of Oukoku = Kingdom of Kingdom
Is this a sequel to that one awesome flash game? If so, this needs to be played.
momo

Post by momo »

Eryi's Action:

Basically Syobon Action with a character who looks a lot like Koishi. It's short too. I've played through it and it was actually pretty satisfying and felt more like a puzzle game at times. It's on Steam.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Rusbojis wrote:Eryi's Action:

Basically Syobon Action with a character who looks a lot like Koishi. It's short too. I've played through it and it was actually pretty satisfying and felt more like a puzzle game at times. It's on Steam.
I've been considering suggesting this for a while, but a part of me feels like the heavy memorization based difficulty wouldn't work so well.

That aside it's really charming, and I think he would like the characters and story a lot.