(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Leet »

Well yes we are being silly. Otherwise I would have been offended by the suggestion taht "persona" is a series in itself
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i mean,

it's a subseries at least

also this was all a ploy to get you fools to talk about rpgs and adventure games without having to open a thread that would instantly get abandoned due to not being in let's play hahahahahahaha you fell right into my trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 8-)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago I admit I have only ever heard horror stories about the dungeon crawling and have never played it myself but I cannot imagine recommending raocow play Persona 3

That game would absolutely get MariAri'd in the final dungeon
The hardest part about Tartarus is that it's long and random - personally, I like Tartarus a lot as a concept. It can get a bit boring but at least the walls, floor, generated pieces, and music change as you go up the tower. Unlike Mementos, which barely changes and has the most boring music ever for the entire slog. Some of the Tartarus bosses can be challenging too.

I would never seriously recommend an RPG to raocow tbh but w/e

EDIT:
KobaBeach wrote: also this was all a ploy to get you fools to talk about rpgs and adventure games without having to open a thread that would instantly get abandoned due to not being in let's play hahahahahahaha you fell right into my trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 8-)
FRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Let's just have raocow play through Runescape. I'm sure he'd make the most out of the dialogue.
ImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

to heck with persona (and I love persona). if raocow were to ever play anything in the shin megami tensei vein it should be PS2 Nocturne
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

^ pressed the fart button
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

HatKid wrote: 3 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago I admit I have only ever heard horror stories about the dungeon crawling and have never played it myself but I cannot imagine recommending raocow play Persona 3

That game would absolutely get MariAri'd in the final dungeon
The hardest part about Tartarus is that it's long and random - personally, I like Tartarus a lot as a concept. It can get a bit boring but at least the walls, floor, generated pieces, and music change as you go up the tower. Unlike Mementos, which barely changes and has the most boring music ever for the entire slog. Some of the Tartarus bosses can be challenging too.

I would never seriously recommend an RPG to raocow tbh but w/e

EDIT:
KobaBeach wrote: also this was all a ploy to get you fools to talk about rpgs and adventure games without having to open a thread that would instantly get abandoned due to not being in let's play hahahahahahaha you fell right into my trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 8-)
FRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think TTYD would be a good one since it's 1. good story 2. weird stuff for raocow to bounce off of 3. has a free damage nullifying guard reaction for every enemy attack like M&L does
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago Let's just have raocow play through Runescape. I'm sure he'd make the most out of the dialogue.
buying gf
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

junctioning gf
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Speaking of dialogue, apparently Super Mario Galaxy in the Switch 3D All-Stars versions has a Quebecois French translation, complete with joual and sacres 😮
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

now wouldnt be a good time for it. i dont know when would be a good time for it. but im gonna be the 1000th voice saying, at some point, it would be super neato to see raocow play what the hell. perhaps it even would be hilarious to see him savescum his own game
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow wrote:Uhh... I'm gonna release it once, um, once uhhhh, tel, telesphore, my site admin, actually like uhh, finish it. So the public release won't be until then. But I guess I can make like a little short first world preview. Uh I'm not going to LP it. That's dumb. T- TLs4 will. I- I really like his stuff, and um...

Like, my hack is too hard, I'd say, for a hack that I would willingly play, a-a-as a let's play, surprisingly enough, I know the iron(y)ing board and all, but uh, that's how it ended up going!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1NoyJh1Xc
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

2009 raocow isnt even with us anymore bro dont be rude
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid

so, uh

metal gear solid is on pc now
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

lol wow okay
didn't see that coming
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

it was always on pc since like 2000
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So there's a new Crash game premiering next week:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

The game is coming out on PS4 and Xbox One on October 2nd - hopefully it comes out on other platforms later. A demo was released about two weeks ago. It's made primarily by the company that worked on the Spyro Reignited trilogy, Toys for Bob (yes, Spyro remaster).

Story-wise, this is a new timeline that takes place after Warped, skipping everything that came out in between (the game makes jokes about this, too). So Crash 4 is a direct sequel to N. Sane remake, but it can also work coming off from the original trilogy.

I just saw some videos of the gameplay and it was pretty impressive. It has Crash/Coco

and at times, Cortex, Dingodile, and Tawna playable

. There's a choice between two modes, Retro and Modern, that affects how retries work. There's also something called N. Verted mode and other things that look promising.

A couple videos I watched:

Last edited by ano0maly 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

ano0maly wrote: 3 years ago It's made primarily by the company that worked on the Spyro Reignited trilogy, Toys for Bob (yes, Spyro remaster).
ahem they also did star control 1&2
Image Image
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Super Mario /v/orld 2 was released: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=103735

In short, it's western VIP, created by Anonymous on /v/ board on 4chan. It even has sprite replacements (sequel only).

I think it would make more sense to play /v/orld 1 first (vhack is willing to prepare a censored version of the hack if necessary), but figured I would let raocow know that a sequel was released.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man already? feels like the first one was released not that long ago
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

So just like old VIP times
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

xfix wrote: 3 years ago Super Mario /v/orld 2 was released: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=103735

In short, it's western VIP, created by Anonymous on /v/ board on 4chan. It even has sprite replacements (sequel only).

I think it would make more sense to play /v/orld 1 first (vhack is willing to prepare a censored version of the hack if necessary), but figured I would let raocow know that a sequel was released.
I remember bringing up Super Mario /v/orld in a Twitch streamer's chat, and a bunch of people expressed immediate and utter disgust because of its association with /v/ (or just 4chan more broadly). Even when I brought up it would be censored if necessary, it didn't placate them.

People are hardened over the stupidest shit these days
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

Unlike the internet ten-fifteen years ago, which was very rational and never known for complaining about anything

I wonder what all this censorship talk is about anyway, people keep bringing up the possibility of "censored versions" of these hacks without saying what the content is. Vip had straight up penises (literally!) so i can't imagine it being more obscene than that, if the text has slurs or whatever then someone having made the choice to write that is probably worse than whether somebody sees them fully written or not.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago I wonder what all this censorship talk is about anyway, people keep bringing up the possibility of "censored versions" of these hacks without saying what the content is. Vip had straight up penises (literally!) so i can't imagine it being more obscene than that, if the text has slurs or whatever then someone having made the choice to write that is probably worse than whether somebody sees them fully written or not.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been led to believe the hack was rejected by SMWC when submitted due to the use of imagery that people may associate with White Supremacy.
Last edited by SAJewers 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

wow, surprise, coming from 4c*** who would've guess a garbage site promotes garbage ideologies even in their garbage games
i've honestly never played a video game in my life