(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: request grab-bag

Post by raocow »

at this point it's been so long since cave story that there might be something there, it'd be like like the half-life 2 'guy hasn't played classic game everyone played in twenty years' thing
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

clearly the only sensible approach is a real lifecore of minecraft with cave story, undertale, ddlc and earthbound mods

edit: actually, on the note of anti-requests, gonna drop one myself. In light of the recent news about Andrew Hussie and What Pumpkin (exploitation and other mistreatment of artists, baseless legal threats and targeted harassment campaigns in attempt to silence journalists reporting on said mistreatment) please don’t play Hiveswap or any of the other Homestuck-related/-adjacent games they’ve put out.

Like, I imagine they wouldn’t be highly-requested games in the first place for a dozen other reasons. But still.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

IMO 'anti-requests' are generally out of place for a thread called request grab-bag. I wouldn't want it to be abused where users post preemptive thumbs down for games they personally don't like.

A better approach is that after a game gets suggested, people can voice their recommendations as to whether or not he should play it because it makes a good let's play experience or otherwise.
TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i feel like that's one of those games like cave story, undertale, or doki doki literature club where it's just too obvious for raocow to play it. citation needed but i think he said that explicitly about cave story
He (or a mod) may have said that in early days but things have changed later years, and it's been a Patreon nomination back on 2015.
Last edited by ano0maly 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Rixithechao wrote: 2 years ago clearly the only sensible approach is a real lifecore of minecraft
i mean, he's already gonna have to lp minecraft for ats
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago i mean, he's already gonna have to lp minecraft for ats
Now I wish these forums had a real like button
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

👀 https://talking-time.net/index.php?thre ... -help.189/

(credit rynn in the spotzone)

(also not out yet, but something to keep in mind when it does)
cc12321

Post by cc12321 »

With raocow enjoying Yoku's Island express, I'm going to go ahead and throw Owlboy back in the ring for suggestions/requests. Very similar visual aesthetic, It's a nice light hearted Adventure/Metroidvania style game with a really fun story and some very doable completionist goals. Great music, story and humour to it and just the right length for the type of stuff raocow plays.

Currently on sale on Steam for a couple more days as part of the summer sale.
. /_\ May the Force
/_\/_\ Be With You
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

What happens when Metal Slug has a one-night stand with Untitled Goose Game

(By the way, would UGG fall under "too obvious?")
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It is out, my dudes https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a ... s&id=27488

E: It's not the most exciting thing you think of when you see that line, it's the second most exciting thing.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Leet wrote: 2 years ago It is out, my dudes https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a ... s&id=27488

E: It's not the most exciting thing you think of when you see that line, it's the second most exciting thing.
oh

oh man okay. oh man.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

this also got released apparently, it should be more traditional but it's still super rad
A Plumber For All Seasons is a ROM hack of the 1990 SNES game Super Mario World. I edited the original game and used it as a base to make my own.

The premise is that each world represents a different season — there's a Spring world, a Summer world, a Fall world, and a Winter world. (And some more!)

The core gameplay doesn't stray too far from the original Super Mario World, but almost all of the assets have been changed, and all are custom-made for this hack. I made all the graphics myself (which isn't often done), and some very kind people from the community have put together an original soundtrack. There's also a lot of custom programming done, which I partially did myself, but also relied heavily on code resources from the community and many talented hackers lending a helping hand along the way.

A Plumber For All Seasons features:

37 levels with 41 exits
almost entirely custom graphics, all of them hand-made
a focus on interesting, season-themed scenery and fun levels
an original soundtrack
rewards and easter eggs for completionists
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago yeah he definitely should, i'm mainly just letting raocow know desonuya has a new game out
Hey SAJewers Tobari 2: Nightmare is going to be on Steam now

if you dare :gravytea:
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

while you should check out smwc island, id give it a month or so before starting (idk your schedule). i already know of some bugfixes that are gonna get fixed and whatnot.

you should def check out whiteyoshiegg's hack though, it's easy and very full of personality and flavor. the guy did all the gfx and asm more or less, and its like 10 years in the making.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

*upvotes A Plumber For All Seasons*

Got half way through and so far, I have a lot of respect for it and it's been surpassing my expectations, especially from WhiteYoshiEgg.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Daizo wrote: 2 years agosurpassing my expectations, especially from WhiteYoshiEgg.
this reads like you had especially low expectations of him so if you didn't intend to say that please revise your phrasing lol
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago
Daizo wrote: 2 years agosurpassing my expectations, especially from WhiteYoshiEgg.
this reads like you had especially low expectations of him so if you didn't intend to say that please revise your phrasing lol
The previous works I've played from him was the Coin Hunt series, so to go from that to A Plumber For All seasons was a massive jump of quality for me. So no, I'm not rephrasing what I said. That's not to say there was any ill will.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Requesting an airboat only run of Portal.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Having recently completed this game, I think it's right up raocow's alley. A super tough platformer with a cool aesthetic, its biggest crime is that it gets mildly horny in places. Definitely not to the extent of, say, Rabi-Ribi, but there is one point that I can understand making people a little uncomfortable.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

strongbadman wrote: 2 years ago

Having recently completed this game, I think it's right up raocow's alley. A super tough platformer with a cool aesthetic, its biggest crime is that it gets mildly horny in places. Definitely not to the extent of, say, Rabi-Ribi, but there is one point that I can understand making people a little uncomfortable.
deets in a spoiler please?
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago
strongbadman wrote: 2 years ago

deets in a spoiler please?
The plot involes Garlic wanting a date with the cyber goddess, and there are occasional minigames that will raise the love meter. Most are pretty innocent, like one where you have to clean up your room real quick, or play a guitar hero game with a banjo. One of them is Garlic spying on the cyber goddess while hiding in a locker, and has to teleport from locker to locker to avoid being spotted. The premise of that obviously sucks, but it's played off as goofy instead of the direct comparison I drew in my head of the otakus in Rabi-Ribi where the otakus are taking pictures of the main character while she's voicing her discomfort. I was more disappointed seeing the minigame than creeped out, and there's not actually any mature content, but it's definitely something to be aware of.
EDIT: Hmm, not sure I like the use of the word seduce on the game description there, but that makes the game sound skeevier than it is
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

just play tokimeki memorial instead
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I'd really like to see that Mega Man Rush shooter mobile game. Maybe if there's ever time for a shortish insert game?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

yeah rush marine on the blackberry definitely has potential. I'm just worried a bit about how the boss just... locked up
Nast

Post by Nast »

This just came out and it looks neat

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »