(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: request grab-bag

Post by SAJewers »

it's already been suggested numerous times, with varying options on how to play it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So I looked through my old notes and apparently the one VB emulator I tried was called 'rdragon'. I didn't use it but to play a level of VB Wario Land, so I don't have any opinions on it.
I do remember you could change the red to other colours, like blue, green, gray, etc.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

👀

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ugh, did they really have to force the M rating? Completely unnecessary.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Play Celeste, raocow. But make sure you let us know a few days in advance so we can explain the not-so-obvious autosave system and save you a lot of grief.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

nah i want me some hour-long marathon sessions for the later levels

the longest level took me like over 2 hours in one sitting lol, it was brutal
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Money

Post by Money »

I thought raocow "officially" decided to play celeste but apparently he hasnt so here's another "PLEASE PLAY CELESTE raocow" post. Seriously youre going to love it
(except maybe chapter 4)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I can understand the appeal of the LttP and Super Metroid randomizers, but this one feels like it makes no difference whatsoever.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

TBF, I know very little about this. I only discovered it because gamercal mentioned in a pinkkittyrose stream about SMB3 randomizer that seemed interesting enough, and I was curious if an SMW one existed.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years agoI can understand the appeal of the LttP and Super Metroid randomizers, but this one feels like it makes no difference whatsoever.
Judging by the customization options it looks like it could actually change things up a lot more than you might expect for some things. It can add/remove autoscroll, icy physics, and layer 3 tide as well as randomizing enemy properties meaning you'd need to relearn them. It can also remove water from water levels and add water to non-water levels which would change them up quite a bit. It might not be quite as extreme as the aLttP and SM ones but it still seems like it may be worth a shot at least.
Crow

Post by Crow »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago I thought raocow "officially" decided to play celeste but apparently he hasnt so here's another "PLEASE PLAY CELESTE raocow" post. Seriously youre going to love it
(except maybe chapter 4)

i know why you say that but seriously it's not a bad wind mechanic it's actually really good

Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago I thought raocow "officially" decided to play celeste but apparently he hasnt so here's another "PLEASE PLAY CELESTE raocow" post. Seriously youre going to love it
(except maybe chapter 4)

i know why you say that but seriously it's not a bad wind mechanic it's actually really good

It's the clouds that are the worst part of chapter 4/B-Side 4/everything else they appear in after that

Crow

Post by Crow »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago
(except maybe chapter 4)

It's the clouds that are the worst part of chapter 4/B-Side 4/everything else they appear in after that

Oh yeah totally those suck hardcore

Money

Post by Money »

At least theyre not the bumpers

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years agoI can understand the appeal of the LttP and Super Metroid randomizers, but this one feels like it makes no difference whatsoever.
Judging by the customization options it looks like it could actually change things up a lot more than you might expect for some things. It can add/remove autoscroll, icy physics, and layer 3 tide as well as randomizing enemy properties meaning you'd need to relearn them. It can also remove water from water levels and add water to non-water levels which would change them up quite a bit. It might not be quite as extreme as the aLttP and SM ones but it still seems like it may be worth a shot at least.
Okay, that at least sounds more entertaining than "reorder all the stages and maybe randomize what's in the blocks in the stages".
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago

At least theyre not the bumpers

Actually the bumpers are great

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years agoOkay, that at least sounds more entertaining than "reorder all the stages and maybe randomize what's in the blocks in the stages".
Things I didn't mention that I've noticed after trying it: Yoshi colors get randomized as well as koopa properties. A green yoshi eating a green shell, for example, in the one I tried was able to fly and fart. Lakitu throws a different sprite, in my case it threw Charlies. Also apparently powerups can get switched? My fireflower powerup got switched with the Amazing Flyin' Hammer Bros.' hammer. It throws fireballs now and the powerup throws hammers along a similar arc to what the enemy throws them and can kill any enemy I've had a chance to try it on other than Blarggs. Block contents as well as what enemy spawns in a given sprite location also looks to be randomized.

And the levels themselves being randomized can make for a pretty big change. The first level I tried had a sublevel I couldn't even recognize. You come in through a pipe on the right and swim to a pipe on the left and there were just flying green koopas for me. And then my yellow switch palace was the green switch palace but underwater and all enemies but the first koopa were replaced with the hopping flame enemies which were actually legitimately dangerous if you weren't taking your time.

Might be a bit on the easy side for raocow though. I'm way out of practice for SMW and set the randomizer to the highest difficulty and I'm not actually having much trouble at all. I've died like four or five times and most of those were me being dumb.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

It’s all fun and games until you get door 6 of Bowser’s Castle with the water removed and turbo-speed maces. That’s a bit of a beast to get through.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

S.N.N. wrote: 6 years ago It’s all fun and games until you get door 6 of Bowser’s Castle with the water removed and turbo-speed maces. That’s a bit of a beast to get through.
can't be much worse than what he's currently playing
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

I bet its already been requested, but Hollow Knight.
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

I suppose I'l go ahead and suggest "stick mice in my head and then beat my head in with a hammer and let them back out", the most recent project by JUMP team. It's quite good, and has only 19 exits so you can get through it quite quickly.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

raocow, if Full Bore and Escape Goat hasn't fully satiated your desires for block pushing action, you should check out the two Toki-Tori games. The first game is a level-based puzzler while the sequel is an open-world, Metroidvania. I've only played the first game, but it was fantastic.

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

MyOtheHedgeFox
The Magical Musical Fox From The Hedge
First name: OWL

Post by MyOtheHedgeFox »

HYPE SNAKE by DANIEL REMAR, maker of IJI