(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

ano0maly
Discord User

Re: request grab-bag

Post by ano0maly »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago
Yeah probably not, but I'd still like to hear from both sides before making any judgement.
That's precisely the problem: we haven't heard from him since the time he posted about his hack.

If raocow is going to play games Matt worked on he should first ask him about this, not out of ill will but to see if he has something to share about this. I would not want to see him come to brag about his game a couple times and leave without answering anything again.
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago I knew Matt and followed him for a long time, I originally came from his fan forums, before joining the talkhaus when raocow LP'd AUS.
Does he still have those forums and has someone tried asking about it?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

do yall really think he's going to show up for celeste? it has a MUCH wider audience than SMW Remix - it makes sense that he showed up for that, because it's the only place anybody would be talking about it, but this is a high-profile game. lots of people will be playing it. it's silly to think he'd come to the talkhaus for that
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

I mean, I did phrase it as "if raocow does play Celeste and Matt comes back". I'm not exactly banking on the latter being a thing if the former happens, just saying the hypothetical scenario would be a good opportunity to confront him about it.

Anyhow, "stick mice in my head..." looks pr rad. 3 Worlds so it would probably make a good intermission hack.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago Does he still have those forums and has someone tried asking about it?
Pfft, heck no. Those forums died an undignified death thanks to the trolls and ****posts. Pardon my language.
There is probably some form that exists, where the regulars probably still talk crap to each other. I'm very thankful Matt mentioned raocow's LP of AUS when he did, cause the talkhaus was such a breath of fresh air.

Not that the place was an entire cesspool. Some gems and okay things came out of there. Cat Planet was made by a fellow member (then called Chuchino, if I remember correctly). Same with Craz'd and it's sequel, 2. Probably one more thing I'm forgetting.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for Mice also. It's challenging, but nothing raocow can't handle by far
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

olease to be playign thank u
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Somoene posted this in the patapon spotzone

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3848/

I guess you have to play this now?????
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

was this made my a known person in the community ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

okay now that i'm through every level in celeste i have to say that it's absolutely a must-play and that raocow would have a blast with it. really damn impressed.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago was this made my a known person in the community ?
Unless Ambywose or RosieDilly sound familiar, I don't think they are a known person in the community.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Money

Post by Money »

Demo's finally hit the big time, im proud of her
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

I also came here to recommend Celeste, since I've beaten the maingame (and six of the optional side levels). It's really, really good, and does a lot more than most hard platformers do in terms of its presentation and story. Anyone who enjoys platformers would enjoy this one.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago Demo's finally hit the big time, im proud of her
Maybe it's time raocow copy write Demo and friends? Just in case someone tries to make money off her. Though she's been technically public domain for at least 8 years, would copywriting even be possible?

This sounds like another discussion topic.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago
MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago Demo's finally hit the big time, im proud of her
Maybe it's time raocow copy write Demo and friends? Just in case someone tries to make money off her. Though she's been technically public domain for at least 8 years, would copywriting even be possible?

This sounds like another discussion topic.
Copyright is automatic. Registration is unnecessary, but can be beneficial if someone does try to use your work and you need to make a claim against them. However, raocow's curation of them being as touhou-esque as it is, it's kinda hard to make a strong claim for ownership in that way - especially when this is a free romhack, and any attempt at profiteering off them is... unlikely at best, likely to backfire badly for anyone say, trying to sell a game on steam (every talkhauser would slam them in reviews before their game could ever take off) and generally isn't a scenario that's worth entertaining. That said, it wouldn't hurt raocow to register the characters of Demo and Iris as long as he can do it cheaply and easily. The "characters" of Demo and Iris are already copyright of raocow, but it's also possible to trademark them if, say, a talkhaus team put together a game for Steam for monies that raocow approved of and the team were concerned about that.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

But that requires a Talkhaus team first putting together a game!

Hahahahaha!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago Just mentioning this since Crash Bandicoot was suggested in the last Patreon B-Side Poll, but it sounds like N.Sane Trilogy might eventually hit the PC.
apparently now confirmed.

Get ready to vote for this in the next patapon poll i guess.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Guess Sony ran out of bribe money.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Apparently the N.Sane version has slight differences that actually affect gameplay though - like jump times.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

This may or may not be the ultimate "raocow gets lost" simulator but the aesthetic looks like it's absolutely his jam.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

putting this here, since it may or may not interest raocow and/or others:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/snes9x-snes9x-16872121

Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Racing Tower-defense games aren't quite raocow's thing, but Rock of Ages 2 is just wacky enough to be interesting to watch him play. I encourage everyone to try it, cause it's great fun.

Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

play this

alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I noticed Virtual Boy Wario Land isn't mentioned in the "coming up next" post, so I guess I'll suggest it here in the hopes that raocow might play it eventually. It's a very interesting WL game that a lot of people may not have played, and I bet if raocow played it that would probably get a lot of other people to play it too.

I was able to play through all of the game with no problem using the "vbjin" emulator. The options in the emulator let you remove the weird 3D effect and make it more like a gameboy game except with a red and black palette instead of grey.