(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Re: request grab-bag

Post by Telamon »

Just gonna point out that Rex Rocket, which I believe raocow will be playing if DT3 ever ends, is currently 50% off on steam. I assume he already has it, but for anyone who's interested in playing along it seems like a good opportunity.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Telamon wrote:Just gonna point out that Rex Rocket, which I believe raocow will be playing if DT3 ever ends, is currently 50% off on steam. I assume he already has it, but for anyone who's interested in playing along it seems like a good opportunity.
He has it. I only suggested it first because someone gifted it too him.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Telamon wrote:Just gonna point out that Rex Rocket, which I believe raocow will be playing if DT3 ever ends, is currently 50% off on steam. I assume he already has it, but for anyone who's interested in playing along it seems like a good opportunity.
I just learned that Rex Rocket is not, in fact, Jump Jet Rex which is a completely different game.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

VIP 6 is now out:

https://gamingreinvented.com/news/super ... -released/

http://ux.getuploader.com/vipmario/download/80/Mix6.zip

Now has a title screen and is playable as a normal game. However, because of resource issues, they couldn't get a final boss made, so neither ending has a carol boss in it. Nor are there many fancy overworld graphics.

Sorry about that.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

I honestly thought the boss of VIP 5 (not the bonus one) was a big disappointment, since it just wasn't weird enough for a VIP game, so maybe it'll be for the best. I'm gonna try and keep myself as blind as possible for raocow's eventual LP, though.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

CM30 wrote:VIP 6 is now out:

https://gamingreinvented.com/news/super ... -released/

http://ux.getuploader.com/vipmario/download/80/Mix6.zip

Now has a title screen and is playable as a normal game. However, because of resource issues, they couldn't get a final boss made, so neither ending has a carol boss in it. Nor are there many fancy overworld graphics.

Sorry about that.
heres to vip fatigue then i guess
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh no
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

It isn't an official stable release, please ignore it for now.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

i'm sure by the time it's stable people will be ready for another vip.

there will always be some people who will complain, but what are you gonna do?
lolyoshi

Post by lolyoshi »

I don't think you understand. I mean that I'm pretty sure this isn't an actual release to the public, since it still contains debug features and has no VIP graphic that's separate. Releasing all of it's resources at the same time make it seem like it's a baserom update to the 2chans than something to be played yet by everyone.

E: Well technically, you can do whatever you want so.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

VIP6!!! I thought it was cancelled, or would never exist. Man, if JUMP were finished I'd give it a go. Good thing raocow has been practicing the VIPs lately!

Oh, it's not finished/very beta. Ah well.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

It'd be nice if someone converted the graphics and music from the game for people to use.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

lolyoshi wrote:I don't think you understand. I mean that I'm pretty sure this isn't an actual release to the public, since it still contains debug features and has no VIP graphic that's separate. Releasing all of it's resources at the same time make it seem like it's a baserom update to the 2chans than something to be played yet by everyone.

The Brutal Mario wiki has a link to where you can get the latest baserom, and the last upload there was 2 weeks ago. Quick check, and the only difference between the latest baserom download and CM30's download link I can find is the title screen.

EDIT: Regardless, it would probably be wise to get Horikawa/someone who knows Japanese to check the vip wiki and 2chan to make sure/see there's any info there.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

SAJewers wrote:
lolyoshi wrote:I don't think you understand. I mean that I'm pretty sure this isn't an actual release to the public, since it still contains debug features and has no VIP graphic that's separate. Releasing all of it's resources at the same time make it seem like it's a baserom update to the 2chans than something to be played yet by everyone.

The Brutal Mario wiki has a link to where you can get the latest baserom, and the last upload there was 2 weeks ago. Quick check, and the only difference between the latest baserom download and CM30's download link I can find is the title screen.

EDIT: Regardless, it would probably be wise to get Horikawa/someone who knows Japanese to check the vip wiki and 2chan to make sure/see there's any info there.
"But what killed it? What killed VIP 6 to the point the team just decided to toss it out the door and be done with the whole thing?"

The link before did try to explain some of the events.
lolyoshi

Post by lolyoshi »

The link (gaming reinvented) is cm30's website. I wish he didn't spread the controversial release.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

I assumed leomon knew he was talking about when he said it was released as finished. Or that the person who released it as finished was part of the VIP team.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

Full disclosure: this is my own game. But I really think raocow would like it, and it would be a good let's play. :)

I have just released version 1.0 (i.e. the completed version) of ReTux, a platformer I was developing:

http://retux.nongnu.org

Basically, it's an indie action platformer, loosely inspired by the Mario games (especially Super Mario World), though there's also some subtle Metroid influences and some carry-over from Bowser's Last Stand (a game I previously developed). It has 41 levels, and each level has a secret "Tux doll" which you can find, usually found by solving some kind of puzzle.

There's a trailer for the game here:

https://archive.org/details/ReTuxTrailer

Just in case you're interested, raocow, I've preemptively sent you a PM with the password needed to extract the downloads. If you're not interested, you can keep it anyway. :)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

The developer behind Rex Rocket has a new game coming out this fall. Mainly posting this before I forget; I'll definitely make sure to have this in the next B-side patreon poll (if raocow doesn't outright decide to play it)

Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

If there's a game I could abso-LUTELY recommend, it's "Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/467380/

A Game Maker Game that made it through greenlight ; people keep on being surprised about its quality despite the fact that it's free.
It's basically Mega Man, except instead of a gun you have a giant stone arm, and instead of fighting robots you punch pirate monster girls.
video games
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

cowrao, are you up for some feels with Demo?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353330/

Come to think about it, I wonder what an LP of a visual novel with cowrao would be like. Don't worry, this one is super safe.
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Come to think about it, I wonder what an LP of a visual novel with cowrao would be like. Don't worry, this one is super safe.
Considering how he speeds through text in games, even if they're very text heavy like DT3, and doesn't at least read them aloud I'd guess that it would involve completely ridiculous amounts of pausing the video to actually get what's going on thus missing 90% of what raocow's saying in the process. Or it would involve no pausing and completely missing what's happening in order to listen to raocow. Either way not exactly conducive to an lp.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

SAJewers wrote:The developer behind Rex Rocket has a new game coming out this fall. Mainly posting this before I forget; I'll definitely make sure to have this in the next B-side patreon poll (if raocow doesn't outright decide to play it)

That looks fantastic. It's surprising given the indie boom just how few 2D Zelda clones we get.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'unno if i've recommended this before or not, but
i bet raocow would love environmental station alpha
it's very metroid-y but in the best ways, definitely more platforming-based than combat-based too, it's basically one of my favorite games
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Parama wrote:i'unno if i've recommended this before or not, but
i bet raocow would love environmental station alpha
it's very metroid-y but in the best ways, definitely more platforming-based than combat-based too, it's basically one of my favorite games
I recommend watching the playtrough from Alex Diener, if you like the game. That let's player is very good at slower games and puzzle games. I think raocow probably saw at least part of that one too. I saw him comment on some of the videos.