(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

aterraformer

Re: request grab-bag

Post by aterraformer »

RKDxNT3000 wrote:I'd probably say Mario's Wacky World by GigaX571. It's a very interesting rom hack with a bit of a challenge at some parts (Vanilla Dome 2) .
I asked the author for this hack and he flipped out on me. So no, probably not a good idea.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
RKDxNT3000
Friendliest Furry this side of the west coast! Want to add me on something? Just private message me!
First name: Nakainu
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by RKDxNT3000 »

aterraformer wrote:
RKDxNT3000 wrote:I'd probably say Mario's Wacky World by GigaX571. It's a very interesting rom hack with a bit of a challenge at some parts (Vanilla Dome 2) .
I asked the author for this hack and he flipped out on me. So no, probably not a good idea.

Huh, weird. I found a download somewhere but it was an unauthorized upload by Giga. That kinda sucks. Also, nice Virus610 gif in your signature.
Call me Nakainu; friendliest furry this side of the west coast. Or RKD, Noize, Naka, whatever you wan tto call me :D. I'm bi and I'm open to love everyone! *Howls with joy*

Xbox Live- RKD x NT 3000
Steam- RKD x NT 3000 (Nakainu)
Twitter- @RKDxNT3000
YouTube- Noize Tank/VikingArelius (The Furry DJ by Foxraver)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

MRW When someone does something intolerably stupid:
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

RKDxNT3000 wrote:Huh, weird. I found a download somewhere but it was an unauthorized upload by Giga. That kinda sucks. Also, nice Virus610 gif in your signature.
Haha yeah he's awesome. Mind sharing that link?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
RKDxNT3000
Friendliest Furry this side of the west coast! Want to add me on something? Just private message me!

Post by RKDxNT3000 »

aterraformer wrote:
RKDxNT3000 wrote:Huh, weird. I found a download somewhere but it was an unauthorized upload by Giga. That kinda sucks. Also, nice Virus610 gif in your signature.
Haha yeah he's awesome. Mind sharing that link?

I don't mind sharing the link, but I'm at school at the moment, and I don't have that link on my school laptop. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Probably 5:30 PM Pacific (8:30 PM Eastern Time, 1:30 AM GMT)
Call me Nakainu; friendliest furry this side of the west coast. Or RKD, Noize, Naka, whatever you wan tto call me :D. I'm bi and I'm open to love everyone! *Howls with joy*

Xbox Live- RKD x NT 3000
Twitter- @RKDxNT3000

Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

As far as Genesis gems go, maybe we could see some Pulseman in the future. It's sort of Megaman-ish, but it has this cool gimmick where if you run or do a double-tap dash, you build up electrical power which you can use to fire a projectile or do a super crazy Volt-tackle-invincibility-wall-bounce attack. I think it was only released in Japan, but I've seen translated roms about, voice dialogue and all.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bwarch wrote:
aterraformer wrote:I request Hearthstone
I hope you speak french.

Because rao playing against Jesuis makes me really friggin' suspicious that if they record they're just going to speak french lmao.
actually can we just have a random video of entirely French Hearthstone because that would be kind of beautiful and baffling
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm sad to say I changed my game setting to english since a few days, ever since I started to take the game a bit more seriously because it kept reading outside ressources and whatnot kind of confusing.

D:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
RKDxNT3000

Post by RKDxNT3000 »

raocow wrote:I'm sad to say I changed my game setting to english since a few days, ever since I started to take the game a bit more seriously because it kept reading outside ressources and whatnot kind of confusing.

D:
Oh noes! That kind of sucks, mr. raocow, but you'll eventually find the way through it. I know you will.

Xbox Live- RKD x NT 3000
Twitter- @RKDxNT3000

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

True hardcore french keep their game in french and keep translating every card in their head

Just like pokemon

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Kuupa wrote:As far as Genesis gems go, maybe we could see some Pulseman in the future. It's sort of Megaman-ish, but it has this cool gimmick where if you run or do a double-tap dash, you build up electrical power which you can use to fire a projectile or do a super crazy Volt-tackle-invincibility-wall-bounce attack. I think it was only released in Japan, but I've seen translated roms about, voice dialogue and all.
OH MAN THIS GAME'S COOL (PLAY IT RAO)
i got to the australia stage but then kept dying at the vertical segment ;;

p.s. the voice dialogue was already in english in the jp version
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SnailManDev

Post by SnailManDev »

The GMC Jam#17 results were just posted!
Maybe raocow could play through some of the top games from the past few jams (I believe the last one he did was #9)
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

If you want to do a one video game as an interlude between projects; I finally got a chance to release a preview version of the game I've been working on for two years.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

How about.....

-redo the kouhai-seties savestateless?
-Rosenkreuzstikette (Freudenstachel)?
-Snowboard Kids 1 & 2?

Would for me very intresting when he (re)playing one of those...

Kouhai was pretty good one, but i really wish to see a Savestateless version of that.
Rosenkreuzstilette (Freudenstachel) are actually good Megaman-Clones with Castlevania feeling.
And Snowboardkids just the heck of it, because it's epic awesome Racing game wich is better than MK64 (i guess)
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Why isn't Freudenstachel translated? If it was translated I would probably play it.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

ano0maly wrote:Why isn't Freudenstachel translated? If it was translated I would probably play it.
Can't say anything about that. But i also won't really want another bad Translated one from Schwer and Schwer alike again...

The ony thing i could translate are the German sentences :?
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Where is the updated zip?
Odd. I attatched it. Also including a graphic in 8-5 that's probably fine since it has English on it, but just making sure.
I have the feeling this might need to be translated as well. May require a level edit, since I believe it's made with the SMW lines instead of using a graphic. I can make that edit somehow if I can get a translation.
screen1.png
screen1.png (12.96 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow still owes that collection of little side things
momo

Post by momo »

This might have been said before, but it would be cool to see you play Mushroom Kingdom Fusion: Revival when it is completed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3F93Ay6Hx4
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

raocow should play Fantasy Star Soldier/Star Parodier as his next shmup.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

rao should play dodonpachi DFK instead

other suggestions that would be good:
K-16 - Story of Steel , this SMW romhack by Eevee
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Image Image
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

I second Pulseman. I don't think we wanna jump into more shmups right after the Parodius trilogy.

Also amazing would be Trip World (GB) and Gimmick! (NES), two super cute, extremely high quality (like, easily best on the system for both) platformers. Trip World is very short and could fit into one ore two episodes, Gimmick! is of average length for an NES platformer.

Trip World is pretty basic, but is an absolute joy to play for the sprite work alone. It's so adorable. Gimmick! has an interesting gimmick (oho) for your weapon, which makes it a very unique game. Some of the bosses in both games can get rather difficult, but they never feel like a complete wall.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Has anyone ever suggested the Turbo Grafx Bonk Games?
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Or at the very least, if we want to see more Konami, maybe we could see the NES Kid Dracula?
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Oh, just play a real Castlevania game raocow. None of this Metroidvania stuff. Castlevania III would be perfect.