(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Re: request grab-bag

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

My vote's for Super "Mario" World 2

because i like tying things up and being a jerk ' v '
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I vote for the winner.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

*wearing fake glasses with mustache and speaking a British accent*

Good day kind persons of the Talking House, I would like to place my vote for Jules Verne and the Thirty Thousand Leagues Under the Bowser Sea. Thank you.

*my dog's tail knocks off my glasses*

Oh nuts!

*runs off*
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

All of them.

3000 Leagues sounds good to me
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I was gonna say NS"M"W2 because I remember looking it up a while ago and being like "this hack looks pretty awesome"

But then I found out about...

3000 Leagues

So that there's my vote
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

I have an idea, what if raocow does the first three requested hacks instead of only one? It makes sense because Eyeless is only a one level hack that only lasts about 16 minutes blind while the other two are longer (Especially S"M"W2 with 90 levels) .

No, I'm not saying this just to see Eyeless be LPed (in fact, it has actually been TASed) but it would be interesting to see both S"M"W2 and 3000 Leagues of Bowser(?).

My vote is still S"M"W2 though.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

and a Rockman hack, don't forget that!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I personally would like to see 3000 Leagues Lp'd just a tad above S"M"W2. Both hacks look really great, but I don't know why but I'd think I would get more humor out of the 3000. That is, if raocow plans to play both of them then I don't really care which order they're played in. But for the sake of voting, I'd have to choose 3000.

Also, 'Eyeless' could be one of those random videos that could be saved for a rainy day if raocow feels like taking a break from the other games(?).
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Well now, I think it's clear who the winner of the vote is, barring a weird influx of people coming in and voting for one of the megamqn hacks.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

And now to see if raocow will follow the vote or perhaps choose the bottom choice in order to make fun of us because he'll probably do what he himself wants to play more than what we want him to play.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

Nope, Action 52
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
agargara

Post by agargara »

A search reveals this was suggested last year, but I'll suggest it again since it came up on freeindiegam.es recently.

ViViD, "a short, mind-bending platformer that follows the plight of Burt; a troubled man who partakes in a program asking him to test an experimental vision drug."
http://wearethelayabouts.com/content/games/vivid

I think it would make a nice quick video or two in between projects.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

I suspect it's VIP 2 to be honest. Wasn't this current hack merely a way to break up raocow's replaying of the translated VIP series? I wouldn't be surprised if the pattern for now will be VIP 1 -> 3000 Leagues -> VIP 2 -> Another Mario hack (maybe SMW 2 or whatever) -> VIP 3 -> Another Mario hack (maybe a Japanese one) -> VIP 4.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

CM30 wrote:I suspect it's VIP 2 to be honest. Wasn't this current hack merely a way to break up raocow's replaying of the translated VIP series? I wouldn't be surprised if the pattern for now will be VIP 1 -> 3000 Leagues -> VIP 2 -> Another Mario hack (maybe SMW 2 or whatever) -> VIP 3 -> Another Mario hack (maybe a Japanese one) -> VIP 4.
I doubt he will start a project as long as VIP2. ASMBXT will be ready soon!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

His plan was for ASMBXT after 3k leagues. However, with ASMBXT a few days out before completion, he'll probably end up doing something short or some filler videos.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

SAJewers wrote:His plan was for ASMBXT after 3k leagues. However, with ASMBXT a few days out before completion, he'll probably end up doing something short or some filler videos.
Maybe some unlicensed games like Rocman X?? :P
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

I'd put my vote in for those Eyeless or Cthulu ones, considering they're short and I really want to see raocow play something 'scary'!!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

swirlybomb wrote:I'd put my vote in for those Eyeless or Cthulu ones, considering they're short and I really want to see raocow play something 'scary'!!
Welp, Cthulu is 20 minute level without midpoints that 'encourages savestates', so I don't know how to handle that.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

I'd go for Eyeless because it is a one of those shorter hacks and it doesn't require save states.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

LukaRamu wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:I'd put my vote in for those Eyeless or Cthulu ones, considering they're short and I really want to see raocow play something 'scary'!!
Welp, Cthulu is 20 minute level without midpoints that 'encourages savestates', so I don't know how to handle that.
Welp, I guess my vote would go to Eyeless then (at least in this instance where we kinda need to stall slightly???).
Giant Ninji

Post by Giant Ninji »

I don't want to be a downer, but do not play the "Mario" world duo. After playing both of them, I have come to a conclusion: every level is pretty much the same damn thing. Cramped spaces only with different sprites! Whoopi-fizz! Layer 3 water! Whoopi-fizz! Coin blocks placed only two tiles up! Whoopi-fizz!

I am not trying to make the creator look bad, but really, the levels really aren't that great.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Whoopi-fizz?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Now you gotta play it to figure out what it is
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

I'd actually want to see that. It's always interesting to hear an LPers thoughts on one of them there nostalgic games.
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
peteyboo wrote:I'd actually want to see that. It's always interesting to hear an LPers thoughts on one of them there nostalgic games.
Then why not VIP 2 =P.

Actually, I think we're talking about sort things for him to do until ASMBXT is released.
I think SMW2 is a bit more nostalgic than VIP 2 >.>