(shouting)

A2XT: It's Over

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: A2XT: The End is Nigh

Post by YelseyKing »

Lunatic Quark wrote: Refuge Town- 1
...how did you manage *that*?
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

YelseyKing wrote:
Lunatic Quark wrote: Refuge Town- 1
...how did you manage *that*?
wasn't paying attention and held left a bit too much in the life farming room with the lava on the left side of the screen... Yep, I'm bad enough to accidenally kill myself in a mostly harmless town level :lol:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I didn't put this in any order but here's my demo counts for the whole game:
Axon-FunTimesAtTheLaundromat.lvl - 1
Willhart-StaticLife.lvl - 1
SAJewers-QraestoliaCaverns.lvl - 1
intro7.lvl - 1
Willhart-FruitcatClouds.lvl - 1
Cjn14-ForgottenWorldThatWeJustRemembered.lvl - 1
Vergalon-Take It What Now.lvl - 2
JosephStaleknight-SlideLikeYouMeanIt.lvl - 2
Freelop-SpinPiercetheHeavens.lvl - 2
Demolition-Garish.lvl - 2
Intro8.lvl - 2
RedstarDirector+Sturgyman-partyplatformdodge.lvl - 2
XutaWoo-Twinkle_Tower.lvl - 2
octagon-castle_of_the_above_and_elsewhere.lvl - 2
Unaniem-Peculiar Night.lvl - 2
Town9.lvl - 2
genowhirled-thesubterraneanbase.lvl - 3
Mikkofier-AlternativeInvasion.lvl - 3
Willhart-Mishitest.lvl - 4
Sedron-SuperfluousSecurity.lvl - 5
Axon-GhostsInSpace.lvl - 5
Kuribo-Wooden Platforms Hanging in the Sky.lvl - 5
JosephStaleknight-CurtainTortoise.lvl - 5
Louiejub-Dark_Side_Of_The_Sun.lvl - 5
Darkychao - The Action of Syo & Bon.lvl - 5
ztarwuff-EuroShellRandD.lvl - 6
Unaniem-The Descend.lvl - 6
DoctorShemp-AShortStroll.lvl - 6
Town8.lvl - 6
Minnakht-GrandTrunkArena.lvl - 8
Axon-LightningInABox.lvl - 8
StraightFlame-IslandPlaceThatSomehowFloats.lvl - 8
Docopoper-Calleoca.lvl - 8
Louiejub-Navel_Of_The_Universe.lvl - 8
MaikuWotaharu-MontyMolesAerialExtravaganza.lvl - 9
Talkhaus-Science_Final_Battle.lvl - 9
8flight-Retroville.lvl - 9
Mabel-BakerStreet.lvl - 10
Moosh-CastleOfTheWorld.lvl - 10
HorikawaOtane-ItemBabysitting.lvl - 10
Frozelar-TheDepthsoftheTranscendentalDimension.lvl - 10
Docopoper-AbstractAssault.lvl - 10
Jolpengammler-Actionrar.lvl - 10
Gezo24-magmascove.lvl - 14
Alpherio-bronzefortress.lvl - 14
WestonSmith-EveryoneHasAStarManExceptYou.lvl - 14
Isrieri-TheTowerOfDr.Zalost.lvl - 14
HeavySigh-SuperHighSkyway.lvl - 16
Alpherio-cityrun.lvl - 17
ztarwuff-PavlovGold.lvl - 17
Ometeotl-FunFungusFunction.lvl - 20
Moosh-SpookySurpriseGhostHouse.lvl - 20
DoctorShemp-BlueSurfer.lvl - 21
Holy-FamilyReunion.lvl - 28
Jolpengammler-Unseenandmysteriousfuture.lvl - 41
Docopoper-TheFloorisLava.lvl - 43
Floor is lava is a false number as I decided to simply cheat through at that point, couldn't beat it with frameskipping. Same with blue surfer, I hardly died after I disabled the sound.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

It's pretty weird to have mouser as the postgame endboss. It's just so lackluster of an ending.
demolition wrote:In hindsight me and darkychao should have requested that world 9 cut-scenes be removed altogether.
It would have ended much better without the leek and the cutscene. Announcing that nothing happened is what we got.

The level itself had a very good idea. If the red coins were less likely to be lethal and harder to avoid, then the gimmick would have been comedy gold. One of the coins made the poison question block appeared in another room and that isn't interesting or funny since the player isn't even going to associated those things when the coin is collected.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

In this penultimate episode, Demo and Co. have to resist the urge to give in to their greed, lest they fall to ruin in an instant.

...Also World 9 ended.
Action.rar (Jolpengammler): I have to agree with raocow. Despite it being a hard level, it felt rather...all too compressed. I thought it would've been a series of one-room challenges like Just Another Screen but without the same layout for each stage. Still, those traps were very devious, especially the coin that leads to a Thwomp mashing your face in. It's a good thing then that the level creator included a clock just in case things became too much. Now I'm wondering what it would've looked like as an extended level...

The Tower of Dr. Zalost (Isrieri): Yet another level where coins lead to disaster (but only the red ones). I remember playing this level in the RC since I intentionally triggered as many traps as I could just to see what horrid fate would befall me. That was pretty fun. Of course, now that the game is out, I simply ran through the first section by using the free stopwatch from Action.rar. Not quite as fun, but then again the castle is pretty hard as well so whatever.

Now, the secret exit was rather tediously difficult in two parts. First, the filter necessitates that you enter small so unless you get a powerup you'll really need to be careful; that Goopa greeting you is pretty rude doing so with a shell, for starters. And if you cheat and enter big like I did, you'll have to perfect your duck-warping abilities to get out in the first place. Second, there are two bounce blocks placed near each other vertically so that they'll trap you if you try to jump up to the next one. I fell down a few times trying to get up towards the leek, and it was quite a pain having to redo part of the secret area over and over again. Still, it was a pretty decent place to stash a secret leek, so I'm not bothered.

As for the postgame boss, I was sad that we never got to use either Dr. Zalost himself or

Uncle Pumpernickel

. I was hoping to see something like that happen. Instead, there's just a simple Kitty throwing bombs onto a flippable floor while being guarded by regenerating Snifit Replacements to the left. Not the best boss to end the world on, but I guess we needed something.

Nevertheless, this was a neat level to send off Zebraspace with. The traps were clever though sometimes annoying, the secret leek was pretty secret, and the boss was serviceable. Isrieri's only level this episode was a good one!

End of World 9 Cutscene: Well That Certainly Happened (Doctor Shemp & Mabel): Yep, that sure was an ending. Kinda appropriate given that this is the postgame, so we don't need to waste theatrics on things that aren't actually canon (even if they give Serac a reason to exist).

Oh, and looks like the Blood God decided to show up!

Zebraspace: This world was pretty much "levels that were too difficult and/or gimmicky to be placed in any previous world" world. There were a surprising amount of hard levels to be had (especially The Floor is Lava! and Action of Syo & Bon). That said, aside from the very first level I can't really imagine the world to be excessive in their difficulty; after all, they're in the postgame! And of course, some of the levels had some awesome gimmicks (like Abstract Assault, for example), so they get a pass. Overall, this world would certainly be something to remember A2XT by if the endgame proper weren't so poignant and hilarious.
With that, only one level stands between raocow and complete victory. Can't wait to see what he makes of it!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:It's pretty weird to have mouser as the postgame endboss. It's just so lackluster of an ending.
I sense deja vu... from TSRPR...
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

am I the only one counting the last level as part of world 9
I am, but it's neither my favorite or least favorite I just mark it up on the demo count anyways

I guess. World 9's!
Favorite: The Floor Is Lava. Very fair and fun challenge, very nicely designed, a nice way to kick off the postgame, one of my favorites in the game for sure. Did I ever mention that the wacky music is perfect for this level with the way the layers all move?
Least Favorite: Family Reunion. SURPRISE.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The end is almost here. I think today's episode had a good example of taking forever to say nothing. Does anything else need to be on the list?

A2XT's list of bad choices
  • Bad noises
  • In-jokes that ruin the flow of the experience
  • Recurring text that seems like in-jokes
  • Not enough Hat-Bunny Gijinkas
  • Random friendly NPCs mixed in with harmful ones
  • taking forever to say nothing
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i have a declaration: there were literally no in-jokes in this entire game

references? maybe, but pretty much all to video games or memes as far as i remember. raocow-related jokes? well yeah but thats kind of the game as a whole.

there were no actual in-jokes in the entire thing. not a one.
Last edited by Leet 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:The end is almost here. I think today's episode had a good example of taking forever to say nothing.
If you mean the cutscene, at least it's intentional this time.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Now that most of us have played through the game or watched the LP, do the noises still bother you guys? I'm asking seriously. I don't have any issues with them.

I really think it's just because they're different that they bothered people at first.

Let's talk about a few more levels.
Action.rar- I actually think this one is pretty neat. I really like the idea behind it for being very simple and, at the same time, being pulled off really well. It's one of those levels where every piece has a definite function, even though there really aren't that many pieces. It also feels very restrained. The level could have done a lot more and risked overstaying its welcome, but instead it's a short, sweet screen. There isn't much beyond that, but that's all it really needs.

The Tower of Dr. Zalost- The biggest strike against this level is the aesthetic. My God does this level look boring. It's the biggest turn-off for me, really. The central gimmick is pretty nifty, and leads to some funny deaths (which are arguably the best kind.) You could boil the red coins down to marked kaizo traps, I guess. The platforming is difficult, and suitable for the post-game. There are a few odd spots. The secret leek feels kind of shoehorned in, and doesn't have anything to do with the gimmick. The boss, likewise, feels out of place, especially since it isn't Dr. Zalost. I thought the Furba-turned Boo was a cute touch. Still, though, I can't get over how boring the level looks. Playing through a challenge like this would be a lot better if it felt more interesting.
I guess I'll do favorites tomorrow.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

hey look EoW9 Commentary:

"Demolition you're insane"

thats all thanks for your time
but for real here's the text draft that I was supposed to use:
"End of world 9 cutscene:
Characters walk through zebraspace for 15 minutes sajewers appears and gets angry at them for a disappointing cutscene and threatens to remove the following: plot, cutscenes, characters, Everything regarding the siblings, Intro levels, Towns, Talkhaus NPCs, text, levels, the overworld map, custom graphics, Luna Dll, worlds 6 through 8, significant portions of the hex code, all non Giana Sisters music and sheath as a playable character if the cutscene isn't made better. Doctor shemp agrees. The characters comply and Carltheshivans demo dance video plays followed by a black screen that says "FIN" in white comic sans."

I went ahead and did most of this except Carl's vid in a draft..
Aside from some typos, here's Demolition's response:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13768&start=125#p191001

and then things happened and my draft was scrapped.

bu then this happened and i dont know why it wasnt used:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3jzl ... 282%29.zip

if youre too lazy to download it, here's a vid of the last draft of EoW9 by me and Demolition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZgfArauAA

actually, SAJ wanted the avatar of him to be Shaman instead...
Image Image
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I'm sad to see it go. Maybe I'll actually make a level for the next episode, if I ever get the time.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I'd just like to juxtapose
Demolition's draft for EoW9 wrote: Characters walk through zebraspace for 15 minutes sajewers appears and gets angry at them for a disappointing cutscene and threatens to remove the following: plot, cutscenes, characters, Everything regarding the siblings, Intro levels, Towns, Talkhaus NPCs, text, levels, the overworld map, custom graphics, Luna Dll, worlds 6 through 8, significant portions of the hex code, all non Giana Sisters music and sheath as a playable character if the cutscene isn't made better. Doctor shemp agrees. The characters comply and Carltheshivans demo dance video plays followed by a black screen that says "FIN" in white comic sans."
with
Demolition wrote:The fourth wall breaking was no where near as obtuse as it was in your incredibly lazy cut-scene.
I'm assuming that obtuse here means blatant and not what it actually means so that the sentence actually makes sense.

Anyway,
World 9 Favourite
The three that stand out as the strongest to me are Action.rar, The Floor is Lava, and The Tower of Dr. Zalost. Action.rar is Jolpengammler doing what he does best and doing it well, as opposed to Unseen and Mysterious Future which was Jolpengammler not doing what he does well that well. I suppose it could stand to be longer, but it works as it is too.

The Tower of Dr. Zalost is pretty basic in its premise, but it does what it sets out to do very well. I'll take a level that succeeds in something basic over a level that fails in something advanced any day of the week. Yes, as someone pointed out, it's not hugely visually interesting, but it does let the red coins really stand out, so mechanically it's a good idea. Still, there are mostly black backgrounds that aren't pure black. Despite that, it's very fun.

The Floor is Lava is, on the other hand, a gimmick that I hadn't seen before in a Mario game. Maybe it's been done in a SMW hack before - probably everything has - but nothing's coming to mind. Anyway, it's done extremely well. Yes, it's extremely hard, and out of my skill range, but this is the postgame, and it seems fair in its difficulty.
Fidget
accidentally from a different dimension
Pronouns: she/herself

Post by Fidget »

Oh.
It's called Action.rar
because the level is compressed action.

I'm ready for the end. Too much of a talkhaus thing, and it'll start losing its flavor.

Some of the noises still stick out unpleasantly, others have 'settled in.'
... Probably.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Lunatic Quark wrote:Man, I don't want this game to be over :cry: hurry up and come out with Episode 2! ...On second thought I've barely started my levels, so there's no rush.

World 9 Favorite
The Floor Is Lava!- Levels like these are weird for me, because I'm so hilariously bad at them, yet I just love playing them at the same time. Even though I died way more on this stage than any other stage in the game, I never really felt that frustrated except when I had to replay the level over again due to my own bad decision (and the part of the level that made me do that got changed anyway). Also, I thought the music really helped keep me upbeat throughout this level.
World 9 Demo Counts (the highest demo counts you will ever see!)
The Floor is Lava!- 495 (yyyyep...)
Hahaha. xD Holy crap! Yeah, well this reassures me that saying 100 demos on average is probably accurate. I've seen a lot of people get the level around 60 demos and was starting to thing I'd overestimated the average. But you've well and truly shot down that hypothesis.

Also as usual I'm quite proud that such a difficult level is so many people's favourites. It really shows that it's punishment as opposed to difficulty that puts people off challenges.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I truly did not get the compression joke until everyone mentioned it.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:A2XT's list of bad choices
  • Not enough Hat-Bunny Gijinkas
It better be these kinds of gijinka ya hear
Sturg wrote:I truly did not get the compression joke until everyone mentioned it.
The super mario world thing was on the brink of that ever-elusive 'aktion kompression'

(same)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

The carving of Demo's skirt looks a little dusty raocow. :P Ah, this was a neat idea for a final level. I thoroughly enjoyed watching, and near the end it kinda reignited my creative spark for level making. :)

Hopefully I can contribute for Episode 2. ^^
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

ahhh I had exactly two more demos than raocow now I can't say that I'm better at playing video games ahhhh

In all seriousness though, this game was/is kind of amazing. I have recently rewatched this video and it's still kind of amazing to me how certain things on the internet just... blow up.

Thanks for make though, seriously, y'all did a pretty swell job! (:
this is getting laundromatic
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

For whatever reason that countdown to extinction in the room after the midpoint didn't show up when I played this. Weird.

Anyway demo counts.
MaikuWotaharu-ThisSoundsAccurate.lvl - 1
WestonSmith-PetRock.lvl - 1
ztarwuff-MAKLVanilla.lvl - 1
Netosmar-WoodZone.lvl - 1
Unaniem-Canopy Journey.lvl - 1
Oshaoshawott-SandySands.lvl - 1
GanonTEK-The Triforce Trials.lvl - 1
raocow-thegoodthebadthestupid.lvl - 1
AUS - 26th place by AUS-'Level 1 - Winter City'.lvl - 1
Town4.lvl - 1
Diggertron-AShelterintheSnow.lvl - 1
SAJewers-Snowboardin.lvl - 1
intro6.lvl - 1
Town6.lvl - 1
phencer42-FunWithAKey.lvl - 1
Axon-GhostsInSpace.lvl - 1
Town7.lvl - 1
Intro8.lvl - 1
DoctorShemp-BlueSurfer.lvl - 1
Louiejub-Dark_Side_Of_The_Sun.lvl - 1
XutaWoo-Twinkle_Tower.lvl - 1
KingTwelveSixteen-PimpYoRide.lvl - 2
WestonSmith-LoadBearingBricks.lvl - 2
Phoba555-Rainy Day.lvl - 2
CyberSymphonics-TallTallGhostHouse.lvl - 2
dinnersonic-outofseason.lvl - 2
genowhirled-thesubterraneanbase.lvl - 2
StraightFlame-IslandPlaceThatSomehowFloats.lvl - 2
Kuribo-Wooden Platforms Hanging in the Sky.lvl - 2
JosephStaleknight-CurtainTortoise.lvl - 2
Axon-FunTimesAtTheLaundromat.lvl - 2
Demolition-Nevada.lvl - 2
Alpherio-cityrun.lvl - 2
Ometeotl-FunFungusFunction.lvl - 2
Docopoper-Calleoca.lvl - 2
ztarwuff-PavlovGold.lvl - 2
8flight-Retroville.lvl - 2
Septentrion_Pleiades-A_world_one_level.lvl - 3
Unaniem-The Descend.lvl - 3
Gezo24-magmascove.lvl - 3
DoctorShemp-BlueBootPractice.lvl - 3
Sedron-SuperfluousSecurity.lvl - 3
Mabel-BakerStreet.lvl - 3
Arfman-OhhNoAGhost.lvl - 4
Mikkofier-SheathPartakesInAnInterlude.lvl - 4
Cjn14-ForgottenWorldThatWeJustRemembered.lvl - 4
BeatBoxingBoo-SwimmingintheRain.lvl - 4
Vergalon-Take It What Now.lvl - 4
DoctorShemp-AShortStroll.lvl - 4
Freelop-SpinPiercetheHeavens.lvl - 4
Willhart-Mishitest.lvl - 4
HeavySigh-SuperHighSkyway.lvl - 4
Menshay-CrazedCircuitry.lvl - 4
Axon-LightningInABox.lvl - 4
Louiejub-Navel_Of_The_Universe.lvl - 4
MonkeyShrapnel-SloppySands.lvl - 5
8flight-JustAnotherScreen.lvl - 5
octagon-castle_of_the_above_and_elsewhere.lvl - 5
Jolpengammler-Unseenandmysteriousfuture.lvl - 5
Narolas-PoisonTree.lvl - 7
Axon-JohnsonMcCainAndTheCommunists.lvl - 7
Moosh-CastleOfTheWorld.lvl - 7
Alpherio-bronzefortress.lvl - 7
Sturgyman-DyinForAnElectrifyin.lvl - 7
Talkhaus-Science_Final_Battle.lvl - 7
Jolpengammler-Actionrar.lvl - 7
Mikkofier-NiceAndEasy.lvl - 8
SAJewers-QraestoliaCaverns.lvl - 8
Darkychao - The Action of Syo & Bon.lvl - 8
Moosh-SpookySurpriseGhostHouse.lvl - 9
Isrieri-TheTowerOfDr.Zalost.lvl - 9
Tayeu-FloatingFalls.lvl - 12
Alpherio-cindercanyon.lvl - 12
HorikawaOtane-ItemBabysitting.lvl - 12
Holy-FamilyReunion.lvl - 12
A2XTRelay.lvl - 18
Docopoper-TheFloorisLava.lvl - 28
Frozelar-TheDepthsoftheTranscendentalDimension.lvl - 35

My demo counts are so all-over-the-place it's hilarious. To me, at least.
Also I'm pretty sure the total was 359 but I finished the game a couple weeks ago at this point so I kinda forget.
I suppose this would be the time for retrospective thoughts on the game and/or LP as a whole but it's like 9 AM I'll do it later.
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

Whenever a talkhaus game ends, I always feel kinda sad. So, instead of being sad, I'm just going to say amazing job everyone and post my final total demo count.

Seriously, I've got nothing to say here. This game was incredibly fun. Even the bad stuff.
Attachments
I hoped and I won
I hoped and I won
screen9.png (32.41 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Narolas

Post by Narolas »

An incredibly fun ride!

Super hyped for Ep.2 now, going to work on my level right now.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

That was a genuinely good project. I've always found that rather difficult to say about previous Talkhaus projects because they're usually so flawed (despite having their moments), but this was a great package. One thing that I'd suggest plot-wise would be creating cutscenes/progression similar to the second half of the game. I thought the first half of the game was too dialogue-heavy and in-jokey, but this was heavily alleviated from world 5 and on once the siblings were properly introduced and actually became relevant.

Oh, and Doctor Shemp, here is the bug list I compiled as per our bet. Decide which ones you deem as relevant (though the answer should be "all of them" in theory), and I'll take your hard-earned $. Alex won't though, screw that guy.

Aaaanyway, looking forward to episode 2. I might actually throw a level together for it despite never having the motivation to finish one in SMBX.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

I am the beginning of the end.

I like the fact that "Jaybird & Quack!~Doubt!^" starts off plain vanilla and just get's out of control. Nothing much to add but for some "dev" commentary time:
With raocow starting up the idea, I started the thread and relay of the level. There were supposed to be others who would have contributed, but didn't get their part in at the end, such as Howikawa Otane.

Like the level itself, the name of the level came from everyone within the thread posting a letter or symbol for the name, and in the end we got the name (I contributed to some of the name, mainly the "Jaybird" part.)

However, during the early parts of the relay, things go mixed up a bit and we sort of had two people submitted a numbered section at the same time, so some restrictions were added, such as a queue for future section.

And now for my (actual) contribution: the entire section was just a plain section with a powerup, a furba, and a hidden 1-up, mainly me foreseeing that the level would get out of hand and a reliable life farm was not "planned" yet. The ramp at the end was a challenge for the next person to contribute with the ramp in place, but it just ends there. There were later additions to my section, such as the pipes.
Overall, it's a talkhaus level: plain and simple.

No favorites or dislikes from me for any individual level in this collab, mainly due to me not being selfish, and that I forgot.

Actual project stuff I contributed (besides the town) commentary later.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me: