(shouting)

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Second Mario Thing: SNN and alex2's little baby

Post by KobaBeach »

worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good.
Oh wow, it does look like a fish market

All it needs is old ladies yelling the price of their fish at the top of their lungs

EDIT: Also, the Kraken ghosts are adorable
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

Oh man, the second you said right right left right right I knew exactly what that was referencing. That was amazing. Good episode, yo!
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good. So I tried to combine the base rome with the overworld provided by yogui, and tried to fix the issue. I guess I managed to do it. Try this A2MT rom.

a2mt_ow.zip

Pretty sure the game play of this will be equivalent to the base rom. If some bug related with this occurs, maybe I can support.
I'm hoping that this is helpful in some way to players and those who contributed to A2MT.
fish don't taste good dude

Seriously though, sounds cool! Nice work!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Cup

Post by Cup »

Painting the Treehouse was really well executed. It did just enough to display the idea and the idea was the neat part so good job lobster.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

alex2 wrote:anyway, yeah that level was apparently inserted before the parrot coin saving system was added. Hence why it doesn't leave outlines why you collect them.
That's actually not the problem. I went through all the levels a few times to make sure all of them had the right coins after the system was put in place. I don't know how this level lost them, but my best guess is that the one in the rom had some problems or something and someone inserted and old version of the level into it without fixing the coins. Anyway the point is you shouldn't see anymore levels without the coins in!
worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good. So I tried to combine the base rome with the overworld provided by yogui, and tried to fix the issue. I guess I managed to do it. Try this A2MT rom.

a2mt_ow.zip

Pretty sure the game play of this will be equivalent to the base rom. If some bug related with this occurs, maybe I can support.
I'm hoping that this is helpful in some way to players and those who contributed to A2MT.
I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?
Icelink256

Post by Icelink256 »

limepie20 wrote:I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?
I claim that he spent over 9000 hours in a hex editor, bit-shifting everything! :lol:
:catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

alex2 wrote:
Icelink256 wrote:
limepie20 wrote:I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?
I claim that he spent over 9000 hours in a hex editor, bit-shifting everything! :lol:
it took him less than an hour

also go away nobody wants your old memes here
O RLY?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

alex2 wrote:
Grounder wrote:O RLY?
And now I've made you a hypocrite! :lol:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by went »

Bwarch wrote:He DID play it four years ago, after all, fella.
Jesus I feel so old.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
Cup

Post by Cup »

No one needs to make alex a hypocrite. It's a lifestyle he willingly chooses for himself.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

cool vip 1 hack u guys
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

alex2 wrote:
Cup wrote:No one needs to make alex a hypocrite. It's a lifestyle he willingly chooses for himself.
yes thank you for your input cup
He's certainly not wrong in this case scenario.

------

ALSO DAT WIGGLER SPRITE REPLACEMENT.

DUCKS.

GUYS HOLY SHIT GUYS THE DUCKS. Whoever came up with that deserves a raise.
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with many of the sprite graphics changes. But hey, a lot of them are from ASMT so there's no shock there haha.
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

It's funny that raocow should say he thinks that SMW is better than SMBX for short rompy levels, cause I've always thought the opposite, which is why I prefer SMBX nowadays.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I allocated ExGFX for OW in ExGFX380~ExGFX392, which was originally ExGFX80~ExGFX92. Since lunar magic only supports ExGFX80~ExGFXFF for the overworld, I coded ASM to add 300 into the slot numbers when a set of overworld GFX is loaded in actual game. So overworld and levels are now going well without conflicting. But overworld will not be rendered properly when opened in lunar magic, as LM still regards the slot number as ExGFX80~ExGFX92.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:It's funny that raocow should say he thinks that SMW is better than SMBX for short rompy levels, cause I've always thought the opposite, which is why I prefer SMBX nowadays.
I think it's because a lot of the SMBX community (such as the SMBX Community) favours very long and intricate levels. It's odd because SMBX doesn't support multiple midpoints without some trickery while SMW can do it pretty easily. It should be SMW that gets the long levels and SMBX that gets the short ones but it really is the other way around more often than not.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Well, SMW has a built-in timer and SMBX doesn't. That's probably a factor in it.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:It's funny that raocow should say he thinks that SMW is better than SMBX for short rompy levels, cause I've always thought the opposite, which is why I prefer SMBX nowadays.
"Short Rompy Levels" can be done in both editors just as efficiently as one another.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

worldpeace125 wrote:
I allocated ExGFX for OW in ExGFX380~ExGFX392, which was originally ExGFX80~ExGFX92. Since lunar magic only supports ExGFX80~ExGFXFF for the overworld, I coded ASM to add 300 into the slot numbers when a set of overworld GFX is loaded in actual game. So overworld and levels are now going well without conflicting. But overworld will not be rendered properly when opened in lunar magic, as LM still regards the slot number as ExGFX80~ExGFX92.
Oh that's pretty cool. Thanks!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

It's the camera being much closer in smw. It makes the level seem more.. intimate.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

s'been a while since the video took so long to process....
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Coin Town USA: going back and forth for the sake of going back and forth + tight places where nothing happens × a level that's kinda long with some out of place cantseecoming and precise movements = tedium squared 9.

Oh no, it's sad elephant's long lost cousin, landmass cat!

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

agie777 wrote:some out of place cantseecoming
I don't think in this case that's the most valid criticism. It's not after a jump or anywhere where raocow doesn't have a notable chance to dodge it. He just failed to dodge it is all.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Alice wrote:I don't think in this case that's the most valid criticism. It's not after a jump or anywhere where raocow doesn't have a notable chance to dodge it. He just failed to dodge it is all.
Maybe not the most valid. But you have to keep in mind that the playing scope gives you a smaller view. Some of the projectiles can't be anticipated before they've already hit you. And that one shell down the stairs is pretty terrible as well. It's really the combination of it all that makes every part of it so much worse.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

The 30-coin block will just use the green star block counter (which counts down from 30).
dont wanna jihad no more