(shouting)

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
shdwdrgnix

Re: A Second Mario Thing: it's not that bad

Post by shdwdrgnix »

KobaBeach wrote:
Kil wrote:The Romancing Saga 3 lastboss theme has been in this hack so much it's lost all of its impact.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Seriously you guys used the RS3 last boss music waaay to much
The first two times were okay, but...
I think it only comes up 1-2 more times, I'm guessing it's the hard level song, since every level that used it was pretty hard.
memnarch

Re: A Second Mario Thing: it's pretty bad actually

Post by memnarch »

Speaking of music, the tune that played in the ice castle part reminded me of the main castle tune in Rogue Legacy.
Same person from Giantitp.com

(pronounced mem-nark)
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Sewage castle is the best a2mt castle theme tho.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Kil wrote:The Romancing Saga 3 lastboss theme has been in this hack so much it's lost all of its impact. The song is actually the reprise of several themes from the game, and you have to actually earn it by grinding for 20 hours or else you'll never make it to the bottom of the abyss to hear it. When it's just tossed into every other level its specialness is destroyed. Basically I'm saying a lot of these levels do a bad job of communicating their own message and I hope these people were planning to change music once they realized 3 other people were using Destroyer.mp3.
everyone plz listen to this man if a3mt happens auto reject this song

shdwdrgnix wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
Kil wrote:The Romancing Saga 3 lastboss theme has been in this hack so much it's lost all of its impact.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Seriously you guys used the RS3 last boss music waaay to much
The first two times were okay, but...
I think it only comes up 1-2 more times, I'm guessing it's the hard level song, since every level that used it was pretty hard.

5 more iirc.

Septentrion Pleiades wrote: It's going to be the hub music for Make a Good Kazio and Maglx2. Hope you all don't mind.
I will hurt you.

also did i see a fluttershy gimmie
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I hate saying this, but should have been two levels.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

It's laziness. Why go to the trouble of making an imposing and daunting level when you can just use music that's an emotional shorthand for imposing and daunting?
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

If that Romancing Saga 3 and Sewage Castle musics are used a lot it's because they are custom musics especially made for this hacks so people who made their levels though it would be good to use it instead of using a music from smwcentral that appears in multiple other hacks. Although I would agree in some levels it doesn't fit very well but whatever (like in I need a P).
Kil wrote:The Romancing Saga 3 lastboss theme has been in this hack so much it's lost all of its impact. The song is actually the reprise of several themes from the game, and you have to actually earn it by grinding for 20 hours or else you'll never make it to the bottom of the abyss to hear it. When it's just tossed into every other level its specialness is destroyed. Basically I'm saying a lot of these levels do a bad job of communicating their own message and I hope these people were planning to change music once they realized 3 other people were using Destroyer.mp3.
I'm sure most of the people who used this music don't know how it was used in the original game. And even if they knew, who cares? As long as it fit in the current SMW level it's used, it's all good.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

yogui wrote: And even if they knew, who cares?
Kil and KobaBeach apparently

Kil

Post by Kil »

yogui wrote:who cares?
Not me. I think it's funny when people make poor design decisions and it increases my enjoyment of the LP.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Well this level was an interesting experiment in stacking layers of bad.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That level looked nice. All of the difficulty had concentrated on the secret exit this time. That one mushroom jump could have been less tricky.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

That is one well designed puzzle, aside from the despawning kamikaze koopa/disco shell.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

So as usual raocow made a couple of parts harder than they're supposed to be. Here's the intended way (toolless and from muscle memory from 1+ year ago).

I'm not gonna pretend that the level's good, it sure is rough in places, but the LP sure was hilarious :D .
ImageImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

yogui wrote:If that Romancing Saga 3 and Sewage Castle musics are used a lot it's because they are custom musics especially made for this hacks so people who made their levels though it would be good to use it instead of using a music from smwcentral that appears in multiple other hacks. Although I would agree in some levels it doesn't fit very well but whatever (like in I need a P).
I don't understand why you brought up I Need a P. It didn't even have that music.
Amosei

Post by Amosei »

You could actually see the chest's location from the occasional sparkles it gave off. Pretty much impossible to see unless you are looking straight at it, but it's there.
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

spitznagl wrote:So as usual raocow made a couple of parts harder than they're supposed to be. Here's the intended way (toolless and from muscle memory from 1+ year ago).

I'm not gonna pretend that the level's good, it sure is rough in places, but the LP sure was hilarious :D .
Other than the furrba use, how is that different from what raocow did?
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

Today's level reminds me a lot on how I like to make my levels. Which is pretty much an insult.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

CodeGorilla wrote:Other than the furrba use, how is that different from what raocow did?
Just simple stuff you'd expect a smw veteran to know. I didn't mean to say that there is another intended sequence (other than the furrba). He often makes thing harder for himself thats all. That's not a criticism btw, it's a good source of laugh.

First half
- Spin jumping from one sinking mushroom to the other under the "END" is a lot easier.
- Pressing the P-switch in a safe position instead of above the block pit.
Second half
- At the part where you have to make the tofu block roof barricade, you can spin jump to make the flower pot throw its seeds higher where they are a lot easier to dodge.
ImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

spitznagl wrote:First half
- Spin jumping from one sinking mushroom to the other under the "END" is a lot easier.
This one especially confused me. raocow always uses spinjumps in situations like that but apparently just completely forgot to even consider it this time.
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

Alice wrote:
This one especially confused me. raocow always uses spinjumps in situations like that but apparently just completely forgot to even consider it this time.
No, he did spin jump the first two or three times he tried it. And when that didn't work, he tried something else. That jump was most definitely A Thing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

CodeGorilla wrote:
Alice wrote:
No, he did spin jump the first two or three times he tried it. And when that didn't work, he tried something else. That jump was most definitely A Thing.
As spitznagl pointed out though a spinjump is still easier and raocow knows this. Spinjumps are always better with a low ceiling because they're always lower than a normal jump at the same speeds and timing.

About half of raocow's deaths there would have been successful jumps if he'd just spinjumped.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

So apparently I'm the only one that was really bothered by this level, then.
:?
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:So apparently I'm the only one that was really bothered by this level, then.
I'm pretty sure this entire game is just bothering everybody.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

a2mt: its ok sometimes
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:So apparently I'm the only one that was really bothered by this level, then.
I didn't care too much for the level, either, to the surprise of probably no one... but compared to some of what has been shown, today's wasn't *too* bad. The second half was pretty obnoxious; what with those "dodge stuff in a small area while waiting for a P-Switch to run out" obstacles. Still, flawed as it is, there have been *much* worse...

Man, I am so negative about this whole hack, and I don't really *want* to be. It's weird, because I really *want* to like A2MT. There's some really amazing ideas here. I like the idea of mostly non-linear progression, the parrot coin system is very cool, and I *love* the treasure system, with all its magnificent in-jokey glory (I can only wonder what those numerous empty chests would've held had it been finished). But there are just *so* many questionable stage gimmicks and themes that bog down the whole thing. And even the best stages have barely been above "mediocre". Probably because, as has been stated before, everyone who worked on ASMT was still fatigued over that whole affair and contributed only a little, if anything. I know it's no longer fashionable to hate on SMWCP, but even that trainwreck had at least *some* truly remarkable levels.

Overall... yeah, it's pretty easy to see now why A2MT was cancelled. It feels like a mercy kill, honestly.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.