(shouting)

M vs X

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

What should be next in line, y'all

Poll ended at 9 years ago

the baserom of A 2econd Mario Thing (aka zombie a2mt)
54%
A Second Mario Bros. X Thing (aka a2mbxt aka a2xt)
46%

Total votes: 96

devil†zukin

Re: M vs X

Post by devil†zukin »

AUS wrote:I told my brother to vote (King Twelve Sixteen), and he voted quietly for A2MBXT, and didn't post. :/
my anti-poll-cheating system alerted me to you guys but i figured you were just brothers or something
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Sebby19 wrote:73 votes now.

Why do we not have this many regular posters? What's wrong with you guys?
Are you suggesting that people who have had accounts for literal years and have checked the boards nearly every day for those years are supposed to be actually *posting*?

Is that what I've been doing wrong?
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Matt is me wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:73 votes now.

Why do we not have this many regular posters? What's wrong with you guys?
Are you suggesting that people who have had accounts for literal years and have checked the boards nearly every day for those years are supposed to be actually *posting*?

Is that what I've been doing wrong?
Your avatar is also broken, in case you care. :P
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
Leet wrote:since asmbxt was released right when rao started playing it if i remember, therefore a2mbxt will in theory be released soon after rao starts playing it, i kinda wanna vote a2mbxt just so i can get to it faster haha...
Grounder wrote:I voted A2MT.

This gives A2MBXT more time to cook and lets me see what might have been.

I'd rather Episode 1 be the best it can be than suffering hype backlash.

Not gonna be upset if it doesn't win, though.
To clear up these false impressions, I'm very sure that the result of some discussions in the A2XT team was that it would be released when it was done, not sooner and not later, irrespective of raocow's schedule.

Therefore:
Voting for A2XT so that it will get released earlier is stupid.
Voting for A2MT so that A2XT will spend more time in development is stupid. There's no point keeping it there if there's nothing left to fix.

Just vote for what you want to see raocow play and don't use your vote to game a release schedule.
This, sort of.

Honestly, while A2XT could be finished before MMU, I don't really feel confident in "releasing" anything for another week or 2. On the other hand, it seems like A2MT would take raocow until August or so. I'm not sure if doing A2MT and A2XT back to back is a good idea honestly, and it's my understanding (from both 8flight and Demolition respectively) that both Talkhaus Revolution and ASMT 64 have start dates of "after raocow finishes his A2XT EP1 LP".

While A2MT might be better over A2XT, I'm just concerned what long wait might mean for A2XT (especially knowing that there are 2 levels that very topical at the current time), as well what it mean for both those other projects. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be concerned at all.

Regardless, if he does A2MT first, then I'll wait on making any official release of A2XT EP1 until at least he finishes A2MT. I don't want raocow to get into a mindset that he needs to finish A2MT ASAP so he can get to A2XT, because I want to see raocow have fun with A2MT. Lots of people put a lot of work into that project, and anything less from raocow would do a disservice to A2MT.
Last edited by SAJewers 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

I voted for A2MT because I want to see raocow play a SMW hack. I also like Alex but that's another story.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

May or may not have deliberately voted to bring it closer to a tie.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

SAJewers wrote:Regardless, if he does A2MT first, then I'll wait on making any official release of A2XT EP1 until at least he finishes A2MT. I don't want raocow to get into a mindset that he needs to finish A2MT ASAP so he can get to A2XT, because it would do a disservice to A2MT IMO.
Those sound like contrary statements...
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ano0maly wrote:
SAJewers wrote:Regardless, if he does A2MT first, then I'll wait on making any official release of A2XT EP1 until at least he finishes A2MT. I don't want raocow to get into a mindset that he needs to finish A2MT ASAP so he can get to A2XT, because it would do a disservice to A2MT IMO.
Those sound like contrary statements...
I might have worded myself badly there.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Rénà wrote:hey raochan is there a reason "allow revoting" isnt on for this poll?
you can't undo your vote! What kind of system lets you undo a vote?!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Icelink256

Post by Icelink256 »

Okay, I voted. I'd say what I voted for, but if I do--
Alex might beat the crap out of me!
:catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2:
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

raocow wrote:
Rénà wrote:hey raochan is there a reason "allow revoting" isnt on for this poll?
The best kind! :twisted:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Wait, so the new B-side you mentioned wasn't going to be your method of playing both at the same time?

Anyway, I like Zyglrox's idea of alternating between the two, so umm... I guess I'm unofficially voting for that!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

SAJewers wrote:Regardless, if he does A2MT first, then I'll wait on making any official release of A2XT EP1 until at least he finishes A2MT. I don't want raocow to get into a mindset that he needs to finish A2MT ASAP so he can get to A2XT, because I want to see raocow have fun with A2MT. Lots of people put a lot of work into that project, and anything less from raocow would do a disservice to A2MT.
That's the opposite of how it works. If the public release of ASMBXT2E1 is waiting on raocow's schedule, then he feels more pressure to get to it. Just release it when you're done.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

raocow wrote:
whoever posted last wrote:the public release of ASMBXT2E1
once this is decided on people might want to vote again if they were basing their vote on it!!
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Yes.
Or people are allowed to make dumb votes.

I dunno. democracy
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

You people are making a bigger deal out of this than necessary.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

- mrdeepay
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Ishntknew

Post by Ishntknew »

Man, how long have we been waiting for A2MT? Four years now? Something like that?

Yeah. Gonna throw my vote there. Even though I think A2XT will probably be a better game.
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

MrDeePay wrote:You people are making a bigger deal out of this than necessary.
Well, this is an internet forum.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

MrDeePay wrote:You people are making a bigger deal out of this than necessary.
Agreed, but it's kinda been that way for days. At least this way it'll stop sometime soon. 'Sides, making a poll gives the issue some sort of resolution.

Unless you're not talking about the poll in the first place and instead you're talking about people still trying to reason with each other at length, in which case I just agree full stop.
I don't really get it but okay
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Ishntknew wrote:Man, how long have we been waiting for A2MT? Four years now? Something like that?

Yeah. Gonna throw my vote there. Even though I think A2XT will probably be a better game.
Well no kidding considering one is a skeleton that still needed some final work and one that is a tested (and tested again!) and truly finished project.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I feel sort of touched that so many people voted for a2mt. So long hours where put into that ROM by many, yet most of them are long gone. Maybe raocow could speak about the level authors who are long gone.

I put many hours into this game, and I won't defend the overall game design, but It's certainly will be a thing. A lot of people put in more effort, sometime only to find trouble. It seems to that A2MT may be a send off to the golden era of SMW hacking. There were many flaw in hacking, but some good things as well, but mostly flaws.

emotions!!!!
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Grounder wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:To clear up these false impressions, I'm very sure that the result of some discussions in the A2XT team was that it would be released when it was done, not sooner and not later, irrespective of raocow's schedule.

Therefore:
Voting for A2XT so that it will get released earlier is stupid.
Voting for A2MT so that A2XT will spend more time in development is stupid. There's no point keeping it there if there's nothing left to fix.

Just vote for what you want to see raocow play and don't use your vote to game a release schedule.
If humans were perfect that might be true. But as it stands you're coming off as a tad arrogant about its quality.
I'm gonna give you a D- for reading comprehension there. I have never said anything about how good or bad A2XT is or isn't in this thread or the request grab-bag since that's subjective. I have said that it is nearly finished which is an objective statement. A finished game is one that has every feature it intended to and they all work properly. By that objective measure A2XT is nearly finished and will be finished anywhere between a couple of days from now and a fortnight from now. By contrast, and by the same objective measure, A2MT is not finished and never will be. I am baffled why anyone would choose to watch what's essentially an early beta test that isn't even going to be used for testing purposes, but each to their own I suppose.
raocow wrote:
Maybe a system where many people have voted despite not knowing all the facts, or have voted based on irrelevant and/or illogical reasons, or just flipped a coin to decide their vote. Oh no, wait, I just described every democracy in the world. Never mind.

Serious suggestion time now, with reasoning:
  • For whatever reasons, it looks like A2MT is going to win the poll.
  • A2MT will be in the same state when MMU finishes as it is now.
  • A2XT may not be done until up to a week or two after MMU finishes.
  • Therefore, once MMU finishes, play A2MT every day until A2XT comes out.
  • Once A2XT comes out, keep playing A2MT every weekday and A2XT on the weekends until A2MT finishes.
  • Then switch to A2XT every day.
Does that seem logical and generally pleasing?

Oh yeah, and SAJ, if you sit on a finished game instead of releasing it then if we ever meet I will kick you in the shin so hard.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

If I was in the situation that you and the others were in, I wouldn't want to see raocow or anyone play it. And I have been in that situation, because I have what would be hundreds of hours' worth of unfinished projects sitting on various computers, and I wouldn't want anyone to see them. Here's the step-by-step process of what is inevitably going to happen, based on the experiences of the few times I have released unfinished things and the times I've seen other people release unfinished things.
  • raocow plays A2MT.
    He encounters something obvious that would be fixed in the finished product that isn't fixed here.
  • Everyone, or at least most people, mock the shit out of it.
  • Then they mock the shit out of the level maker.
  • Then they mock the shit out of everyone in charge for never fixing the problem.
  • Then they mock the shit out of the creators for never finishing the product.
  • Then they mock the shit out of the creators for releasing it anyway.
  • This occurs for every single mistake.
  • Because people always accentuate the negative, this is what most people remember about it.
  • A2MT stops being a fond wish of what could have been and becomes a bitter memory of what actually was.
I'm thinking of you here. You can only come out of this looking worse, and A2MT can only come out of this looking worse.