(shouting)

Megaman Unlimited: Bridging and Ending is my Forte!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Megaman Unlimited: Tread Lightly!

Post by Leet »

i like raos mm lps a lot
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

I hope he knows he already has the weaknesses for the last two robot masters. I want to see him tryyyyyy
One day, an image will return
Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

I hope he doesn't use the weaknesses and pellets them both to death. Like a man.

A Mega Man.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

I think both of the remaining robot masters are pretty annoying without their weakness weapons for completely different reasons, but it has been a while since I played.

Anyway, the Head Conveyors™ are my least favorite stage gimmick in the game. They inspired me with the exact opposite of confidence every time I saw them, especially considering how frequently they are paired with instant death implements. They're the kind of thing that needs a softer introduction to get the player more acquainted with it.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Mineyl wrote:I think both of the remaining robot masters are pretty annoying without their weakness weapons for completely different reasons, but it has been a while since I played.
And yet one of them is the robot master I prefer starting with.
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

Alice wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Ahh, good ol' raocow and his decision to try a single robot master weapon against the boss, find out it deals damage, and then never try another to see if it's possibly more effective. What would a Megaman run be without that? :P
At least he's actually using weapons other than the megabuster before the boss refights this time.
Yeah, I had to check to make sure it was the same French-Canadian.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The slight pressure of having to redo a good 6-10 minute level if you game over would probably do that to anyone.
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

By the way, raocow, since you're not too far away from the "Wily" stages: you can save between them, but you will have to game over in order to do so, which kinda sucks.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

CodeGorilla wrote:By the way, raocow, since you're not too far away from the "Wily" stages: you can save between them, but you will have to game over in order to do so, which kinda sucks.
haha, what

that's dumb, thanks for the head's up
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Saturn Moriya

Re: Megaman Unlimited: A Shooting Star!

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Today went pretty well. I'm just going to straight up say it because no one responded to my spoiler concerns and it'd be annoying as hell if you had to check all the levels (without much point lp-wise): the remaining letters are in Jet, Rainbow and Trinitro stages. Depending on how well things go you could do them in one or two separate episodes, and/or do part of it after Nail Man.

Man, you bought a 1-up when you only had one left. That's a pretty interesting financial plan you got there.

Rainbow beam is the second best weapon for pretty much any boss, just because it covers so much space and stays around for a while.
Last edited by Saturn Moriya 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

raocow wrote:In fangames, the weapons are just so much better than the original games.
I don't know if you were being sincere, but you should try out Megaman 4 or Megaman 9 again if you seriously think that. Easily the best weapons in the series in both those games, especially MM9.
strongbadman wrote:And yet one of them is the robot master I prefer starting with.
I don't find Nailman to be too difficult; it's more the fact that Trinitro goes through his shield and keeps the battle from being so heavily prolonged by Nail's constant invincibility.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Yesterday's stage was pretty generous with the health.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

I always thought it was pretty clever that Comet Woman's stage was 'Ice in Space', since comets are in fact big balls of space ice.

I love Comet Woman's design, from her comet-hair to that sassy hip-bump she does in her opening pose, she's easily the best out of the Robot Masters. Which is ironic since in the initial planning of the game she didn't exist. Originally there was going to be a Robot Master named Hammer Man as an obvious counter to Nail Man, but he was axed as a Robot Master and Comet Woman was designed instead, which was just the best decision.

As for what became of Hammer Man, well, you'll see.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Cowrao! I vote that you ignore Nail Man and spend the next video hunting Yoku letters in the other stages! Even if you can only get 3 of the 4 (I have no clue if Nail Man has one or not) you can at least make progress!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'm voting for Yoku letters-
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Mineyl wrote:you should try out Megaman 4 or Megaman 9 again if you seriously think that. Easily the best weapons in the series in both those games, especially MM9.
Don't forget the two non-NES like ones in 7 and 8! They really tried to give weapons multiple uses in those games.

Yeah, this stage was the one I beat first in my run of the game, I do believe. Space and water physics are a specialty since you have more time to react on your jumps than you would in other levels. It did make getting past that wall cannon things a bit tougher than I'd have liked, though. Oh, and using Rush Coil in her stage doesn't give you an extra boost like it does in water for some reason.

Anyway, I guess I'll post the weapon weakness order in spoilers after tomorrow's video, but don't expect to get through the Totally Not Wily Stages in one go. That place is huge, which you'd probably guess by now, but they're also very demanding.
memnarch

Post by memnarch »

Willhart wrote:I'm voting for Yoku letters-
I vote letter hunting as well!
Same person from Giantitp.com

(pronounced mem-nark)
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

Bean wrote:Don't forget the two non-NES like ones in 7 and 8! They really tried to give weapons multiple uses in those games.
Indeed! I dislike MM8's arsenal, but MM7 has pretty much the third best set of weapons after 9 and 4. It's just a shame that the charge shot has to exist to make people ignore the master arsenal. :(
SpoonyBardOL wrote:I love Comet Woman's design, from her comet-hair to that sassy hip-bump she does in her opening pose, she's easily the best out of the Robot Masters. Which is ironic since in the initial planning of the game she didn't exist. Originally there was going to be a Robot Master named Hammer Man as an obvious counter to Nail Man, but he was axed as a Robot Master and Comet Woman was designed instead, which was just the best decision.
Interesting tidbit I remember reading in the conceptual stage of the game when it was just a random non-playable animation on Youtube: MegaPhilX used robot master designs he created before he was out of grade school for this game.

I can't figure out why someone would choose to do that instead of coming up with newer, better designs (like Cometwoman) while at the same time refering to himself as a "creative gamer." There's so much stuff in the game that is, in fact, quite creative, but the master designs mar the image considerably.
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

Mineyl wrote:I can't figure out why someone would choose to do that instead of coming up with newer, better designs (like Cometwoman) while at the same time refering to himself as a "creative gamer." There's so much stuff in the game that is, in fact, quite creative, but the master designs mar the image considerably.
I certainly can't say for sure, but I can guess it's for the same reason I suspect he kept the BGM tracks he kept revising over the years rather than just have Keviiiiiiiinnnnn do the entire soundtrack for the game, he simply might have been attached to them.

And while Comet Woman is far and away the best RM design, I think most of the others are alright. I dig Trinitro Man and Jet Man, despite how clunky they look, and I kind of love Nail Man for his utter ridiculousness. (and let's be honest here, is he any less ridiculous looking than Sheep Man?) I even think Yo-Yo Man works well, at least once you see his fighting style and how the big ol' Yo-Yo on his head works. Tank, Glue, and Rainbow Man are the ones I'd say are either bland or poorly designed. Hammer Man would've been lumped in with them too, but he was removed from the roster.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I expected either rocket or rainbow to be Cometwoman's weakness. Rockets can reach space and deflect comets and rainbow are suppose bring good luck, which counters historical harbingers of misfortune.

When Hammerman was taken out, was the advantage versus nail kept of Cometwoman? What is a comet other than a giant space hammer?
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Rockets can reach space and deflect comets
Yeah, have fun with that...
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

SpoonyBardOL wrote:(and let's be honest here, is he any less ridiculous looking than Sheep Man?)
I would argue that he's more ridiculous than sheep man. Sheep man probably has innards.
What is a Nail Man? A MISER- *gagged*

Yo-yo Man's weapon is pretty much the most fun I've had with a Mega Man weapon. But it could just be I like the sound it makes. Regardless of whether they're useful or not (they are) all the weapons are plain fun to utilize period.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

...and today, raocow actually tests out different weapons against the boss, actually finding her weakness, and switches off again only after running out of ammo! Will wonders never cease!

Also, I'll jump on the "collect the YOKU letters" bandwagon. I wanna see that guy, myself.

Also, also, that was a terrible place to put a midpoint. Have fun doing, each time you die, a precise jump where being a few pixels off either way equals *another* quick death. GOOD DESIGN GET !!
Bean wrote:Don't forget the two non-NES like ones in 7 and 8! They really tried to give weapons multiple uses in those games.
Other games I find have pretty good weapon selections are MMV for Game Boy, and Megaman and Bass. The former has some neat stuff like Grab Buster, that can actually *heal* you, as well as a range of weapons that are simply useful in how they're fired. In the latter, Ice Wall, for instance, can be used to attack in different ways (slide it into an enemy, or literally drop it on one), and can be used as a means to reach higher ledges or cross spike pits. In fact, most weapons in MM&B have some manner of "utility" usage in addition to dealing damage.

Edit: ...why is it that my posts *always* seem to be the one that starts a new page? Heh.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

Ometeotl wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Rockets can reach space and deflect comets
Yeah, have fun with that...
It's trueʳ¹ʴ

stupid lack of superscript ruining the joke. Also underline
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

YelseyKing wrote:Also, also, that was a terrible place to put a midpoint. Have fun doing, each time you die, a precise jump where being a few pixels off either way equals *another* quick death. GOOD DESIGN GET !!
I disagree. I said a while back that the Megamans work best when they put the checkpoint right before or right after the hardest obstacle in the level. This is the first time where this game has actually followed that. And the room before the boss was almost completely nonlethal, too.

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say that this was the best designed level out of the seven we've seen so far.