(shouting)

Other LPers

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Uncle Sam

Other LPers

Post by Uncle Sam »

Obviously we're all big raocow fans, but what other YouTube LPers do you watch?

I mainly watch a combination of direwolf20, kootra, ssohpkc, and danznewz
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Other LPers

Post by Zpto »

Uncle Sam wrote: I mainly watch a combination of direwolf20, kootra, ssohpkc, and danznewz
I don't know any of those guys, looks like I'll be checking some channels today :lol:

Anyway, I usually watch CheepCheezum;
Slowbeef, Diabetus and the retsupuraes; The Jeff and David show and Psychedelic Eyeball

EDIT: added links
Last edited by Zpto 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Oh man. Please fellas let's make this thread at least mildly populated, I've honestly really been wanting to find some new LPers and reorganize my subs a bit since I have so much CRAP on my front page so often.

As for myself, I watch Proton Jon,
The Runaway Guys w/ Jon and co.,
Game Grumps,
Etho,
Vintage Beef,
Guude,
Hutch this one's kind of iffy sometimes because he's dumbed down and mainstreamed his channel in a few saddening ways, but at least it's nothing like the clusterfuck that Seananners became,
MegaGWolf,
Total Biscuit Not EXACTLY an LPer persay but his content often times feels like a random one-off LP episode so why not,
Jontron same deal as above. And last but not least
Vetches.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, the ones I watch are more Mega Man or Sonic-oriented at times, so:

RoahmMythril, PinkKittyRose, and ClementJ642

I also occasionally watch RunButton, and they're the reason I wanted to do that Mario series. Didn't know they'd start one up themselves after finishing the Sonic one, but whatever. I don't recommend these guys unless you prefer them just shooting the breeze over videos as the gameplay is more miss than hit.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I've been watching these let's players often.
Cryaotic, ZSlyzer, Kikoskia

First one has rather good voice and plays horror type games.
Second one has done good walkthroughs for the Phoenix Wright series. There is some lets play content as well on that channel but I'm less interested in it.
The third one is mostly funny and plays some more older games.
Last edited by Willhart 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Such a trendsetter I am~

Hehe.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Some of the other lets players I used to watch.

L0rdVega
His let's play of the first three parts of the silent hill series was my first touch to the horror games.

NakaTeleeli
Even though he is annoyingly self centered I did enjoy Persona 4, Okami and Touhou Mother let's plays.

Cloud8745's lets play of "I wanna be the guy" was the first lets play I ever watched. That game was so hard I needed to find a playtrough of it and this was the best option at the time. He also played Gregory Horror Show and AUS. This channel does not exist anymore.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

I watch mostly german LPers:

DasMirkoLP https://www.youtube.com/user/DasMirkoLP
Gerugon https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerugon

and I think that's all.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

A lot of RunawayGuys members/affiliates in mine

In order of whoever I happened to think of first:

Chuggaaconroy- first LPer I watched, came across him while looking for videos of Earthbound because I didn't know a thing about it at the time and wanted to find out what all the craze was about
ProtonJon
TheRunawayGuys
NintendoCapriSun- really want to watch his Ni No Kuni LP, but it looks like a game I might be interested in once I finally get a PS3, so I don't want to spoil myself too much
SuperJeenius
Lucahjin
JoshJepson- though admitedly, I haven't watched his stuff in a while...
NakaTeleeli- he and ElementalOgre remind me a lot of my high school friends when they're together
LuckySevenDX
KoopaKungFu- another one I haven't watched in a while
MasaeAnela
RabbidLuigi- one I came across pretty recently, and one of the few LPers I like who does other content as well, also has a british accent, so that's a plus
SlimKirby- another recent one
GameGrumps
Isocitration- another recent one, and the first non-raocow talkhaus LPer I came across
versus

the ones I haven't commented on are ones I can't really think of anything to say about besides I like them and stuff
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Aside from raocow and a few talkhaus people, the only other LPers I watch are OMGChad (Minecraft LPs) and LoadingReadyRun (Though I don't know if they count anymore since they stream it all on twitch now)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

ProtonJon, although it's his streams more than his vids.
Game Grumps
Achievement Hunter Probably the one I watch the most, these guys are hilarious.
AllShamNoWow While he usually plays through awful games with some great sarcastic humor, he's been doing one-video per game as of late and they're still pretty funny.
slowbeef
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

I watch Helloween4545. He's like an English raocow in a lot of ways, but he mainly plays horror games.

I also really like GetDaved. He mostly does strategy games, but he's so against micromanagement that it's not boring to watch at all.

I should also mention Xaiter, who only did like two or three Let's Plays before going to streaming, but if you want a really good Let's Play of Binding of Isaac, he's a good one to check out.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Most of those I watch have already been listed, with the exception of DeceasedCrab.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Almost feel like this should be stickied honestly because this really is turning into the best way to discover new LPers outside of peeps who post on Talkhaus.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

raocow is pretty much the only LPer I follow, and even that kinda came about by accident, though I do like Bean's LPs, as well. Interestingly, the reasons are almost the exact opposite. I love raocow's commentary and "first impression" reactions, and he plays all manner of games I'd never have otherwise known even existed. While with Bean, I enjoy seeing someone very familiar with the games *I'm* also (generally) familiar with play them with a considerable level of skill, as well as showing off all the secrets and such.

I have a friend who used to do LPs (who went by the handle "Uberwall", if anyone saw his vids), including (unfinished) RM2K games by me and another of our mutual friends, and a bunch of other random games; mostly RPGs. Unfortunately, he fell victim to trolling and deleted his channel entirely, with all the videos being, as they'd say on TV Tropes... "Lost Forever". :cry:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

Haydunn,
Jerma985,
NintendoCapriSun,
Phoekun,
ProtonJon,
Shofu,
TheRunawayGuys,
Vinesauce(livestream lps.),
STAR_

Jerma and Star are more one shot players, and mainly do TF2, but anywhoozle.
I used to watch a lot more, but when I was going through my last years in school I needed to cut down. :s
ImageImageImage
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

The ones I want to push on people:
Extra Credits - Ok, well technically this one is not an LPer. But if you guys are into game design at all you have to go and watch them. Their videos are just so amazingly informative, entertaining and interesting. I honestly can't recommend this channel enough.

RockLeeSmile - His main show is Indie Impressions - where he shows off weird and artzy ammeture games. He also plays things like Spelunky and Dark Souls 2 - but I mainly watch Indie Impressions.

RompAirlines - These guys are pretty funny, and super small - if you're like me and love watching small LPers. I recommend watching their original Mario 64 LP... For some reason they're currently doing Yoshi's Story - which seems like a horrific game to LP. But anyway - yeah - I like these guys in general even if I don't like Yoshi's Story.

SeraphTearZ - This guy started playing ASMBXT and posting videos just for his friends... And then I went and commented on every episode. And now he's completed the game and said he's going to play A2MBXT! ^^

PinkKittyRose - Ok, well I know she's kind of on this forum. But you should go and watch her... She is kind of infinitely good at everything she plays. I mean the first time she played Touhou she did so on hard mode and did incredibly well. She also does no-death / no-hit runs.

Minecraft:
Veches - Maker of the Super Hostile maps, now a mindcracker. He also flips between being evil and cute, it's kind of a thing. I quite like his personality.

EthosLab - Ahh, who doesn't love a good Etho Slab. Honestly he's the most popular Mindcracker for a reason - his videos are great.

Sethbling - Hey look - it's that guy that makes all the redstone devices. I really like watching redstone videos, I just find redstone interesting.

Pyropuncher - I don't know quite why I watch him, I guess there's something endearing I find about his personality. He can be decently funny and is interesting in how much he's into books and philosophy.

JL2579 - Another redstone videos guy. He's does some pretty crazy stuff in vanila. Like the most stupidly big grinders with a server... I have no idea how he has the time.

Far Lands or Bust! - Walking to the Farlands while vlogging - enjoyable to listen to. He also does LPs with the other mindcrackers which are quite entertaining. He's also the man with the best radio voice on the planet.

Cubehamster - Another redstone guy. But he's also a maths teacher! I would have found it the coolest thing ever if my maths teacher was an LPer.

Nintendoey kind of stuff:
TheRunawayGuys - Go watch them. They are highly entertaining and one of my highest priority videos (under Extra Credits and kind of evan with raocow)

versus - They can be quite funny but very crude. They're quite enjoyable if you can get over that.

JoshJepson - I haven't watched this guy in a while for some reason. But he's pretty good. I quite liked his Ilomilo LP.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

docopoper wrote:Ok, well I know she's kind of on this forum. But you should go and watch her...
Also when OP says "Other LPers" they meant LPers other than rao so it's okay to mention Talkhaus LPers if you watch them~
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Yeah, in my case it's just going to be easier to link to my subscriptions page.

EDIT: SAJewers: I'm actually gravitating towards the idea of doing a Weekly Twitch Run of random games, thanks in no small part to the Talkhaus VG Olympics. And also the fact that for Boktai and Boktai 2 I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to do those for the youtube LP.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Markiplier
Yamimash
Brainscratch Commentaries
ClementJ642
Yo! Videogames
Chip Cheezum
HC Bailly
Cryaotic (occassionally)
SuperJeenius
ProtonJon
Two Best Friends Play
Wiki Game Guide (If I needed some non-commentary footage)
Penguin0
RoahmMythril
qzecwx

I'll put the links later.
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

roundthewheel
His let's plays of some of the lemmings custom level packs were great.
I probably would not have found them without raocow having commented on them.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I'll try to avoid reposing people
ACtennisAC
Minecraft Redstoner; it's really cool seeing a kid who's better at redstone than most other people.
BikdipOnABus
General LPer; something about him is so inviting I've never been able to stop watching one of his videos part-way through.
BruceWillakers
Minecraft/Pokemon/General LPer; I started watching Rob at the start of UHC 13 and I just kept watching.
TheresTwoOfUs
General LPer; Better known as the creepypasta narrator CreepsMcPasta although a lot of the thing he start just kinda stop and don't ever actually end what he actually does finish is pretty okay.
cynderfyre
SMW ROMHack LPer; Probably one of the best SMW players I've ever seen.
Finding The Plot
(kinda defies a normal definition)/ General LPer; Finding the plot is probably one of the most shows I've watched, Playing Simulator (their LP series) is also pretty great.
OreWaUsopp
Adventure Game/General LPer; I'm not really sure why I like this guy so much, maybe it's his voice, maybe it's the games he plays, maybe it was the Saturday morning cartoon streams he used to do, well, he's pretty great.
Scott Manley
Kerbal Space Program LPer; he's a pretty smart guy and it's really fun to watch him play ksp
Swordless Link
Speedruns/"Glitched" LPer; he does playthroughs of games and shows off glitches, he also has speedruns on his account.
Zisteau
Minecraft/General LPer; Zed is pretty great, i'm not sure what else more to say than that.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

darkychao wrote: BikdipOnABus
General LPer; something about him is so inviting I've never been able to stop watching one of his videos part-way through.
Oh yeah, I remember him from the Mario 64 Video Quiz and Kaizo Mario 64.

You should all watch the Mario 64 Video Quiz btw. It's absolutely amazing and is much less subdued than the name suggests. It's basically the best Mario 64 players doing insane challenges without tools. Like oh my god people are good at Mario 64. 0_o
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Boltage McGammar is pretty entertaining, especially his Live A Live LP. Too bad he's no longer active.

I also watched Azurite (occassionally) and Delicious Cinnamon, the latter especially so.
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.