(shouting)

SMBX (2014 Yacht of Opinions): MaGL X - Whoohoo!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ometeotl

Re: SMBX (2014 Yacht of Opinions): MaGL X - Whoohoo!

Post by Ometeotl »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Oh man a thing i did bring called "AGDQ stuff" :3

In apparently keeping with my intent to go biweekly or better (oh man), here's Secret Fluffy Laboratory Skies Zone Place. There are a lot of slopes here, it turns out. "Fun" times.
Ometeotl wrote:Yay, you're getting closer to mine.
Frankly I am equal parts afraid and excited.
This level was SO HARD.

Definitely looking forward to Ometeotl's level like crazy.
Come now, it wasn't THAT hard.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

i too look forward to ometeotl's level but i have a feeling it will be many episodes in the future
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Ivy wrote:i too look forward to ometeotl's level but i have a feeling it will be many episodes in the future
A whole two episodes! What a ridiculous number, who can even count that high.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
Ivy wrote:i too look forward to ometeotl's level but i have a feeling it will be many episodes in the future
A whole two episodes! What a ridiculous number, who can even count that high.
sorry i was thinking of maglx 2 oops
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Assassinate the Dudes is up now. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go disappear for about 6 years for reasons very definitely NOT related to Dreamland's River of the Damned being the next level.
(Given my past record of videogame video scheduling I should probably confirm that that is, in fact, facetious. Might not be able to pull it off in one weekend though, remembering it.)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

GAH
VIDEO
ASDF

(Honestly it went slightly better than expected!)

e: So, uh, Riverside Church in Space. The entire level is based around moving layers, all with their own timings. Thus the entire route changes if anything in the run is timed slightly differently - one bungled jump, bumping into any wall, etc. - making the optimal route extremely difficult to work out. Not only that, but the power-up/down animation stops the moving layers, but not the layers attached to NPCs, desyncing everything and adding yet another variable to account for in routing.
Basically what I'm saying is that running Riverside Church in Space is a scarier thought than Dreamland's River of the Damned.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:GAH
VIDEO
ASDF
What was up with using that ninji to hurt yourself and phase through the wall? As I said in the comments, I somehow don't remember this level at all other than the boss. Was it to avoid something that would otherwise waste more time?
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Alice wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:GAH
VIDEO
ASDF
What was up with using that ninji to hurt yourself and phase through the wall? As I said in the comments, I somehow don't remember this level at all other than the boss. Was it to avoid something that would otherwise waste more time?
Done normally you'd go across the gap with the Gordos that I drop through and go throw some generated Parasol Waddle Dees at a resprited Birdo. After said Birdo is dead you get a key (resprited as a coin, to represent the toll for the ferry) and a bomb generator to blow up some blocks to clear a path back down to the start. Overall it wastes time on the order of minutes and is just a massive pain to deal with.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

You're nearing the end! I'm excited to see how these last few levels go and what sort of ridiculous tricks you still have to show us.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Yeees, I've been waiting for this. Neat little bug with the Ninji there.
WasabiJellyfish

Post by WasabiJellyfish »

Oh dude I completely forgot how good this level would have been without really annoying background choices, like yeah I'm in hell but ease it on the eyes a bit.

But holy crap that was amazing to see. How finnicky is that warp into the wall glitch btw? It seems like that'd normally just straight up kill you, or at least push you back down into the ninji?

This is an awesome thing though keep up the good work!
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Hi I'm not dead. Sorry for the extended absence; standard-issue poor time management, building a computer, diving headfirst into the wonderful world of PC videogames and being afraid of the next level will do that. It's here though!
I should hopefully be getting back into a marginally consistent schedule too now that the next couple levels aren't likely to eradicate my entire being. Can't guarantee anything though, I know how bad I can be at this 'upload schedule' thing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

you can do it!

if you have never played this level, it's really hard to describe how the nonsense physics just wreck your everything
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

So. It's been a while.
There's really no single explanation why it's been this long of silence honestly - mostly burnout and Real Life shenanigans with a dash of taking on more projects than I actually would want to deal with... all of which are kinda still in-progress.
I just wanted to confirm that I'm not finished with this yet though; I still believe I've come too far to just drop it, and I do genuinely want to see it through, it's just a bit of a thing to find the time and motivation to actually do it. But I have Ideas for how to deal with that - not gonna make any guarantees given my past two years of not delivering on guarantees with this (:p) but I've considered streaming the recording process as one potential option? We'll see what happens.

In the meantime though I've made my own thread so I can quit piggybacking off the old MaGL X thread here and also have an excuse to post non-MaGL X nonsense should the mood strike me, you can find that here.
I also did a non-MaGL X nonsense to give me an excuse to actually make this post, that's over here.