(shouting)

Spyro 3 (and several pages of Depression Idol)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: -

Post by Leet »

people did stuff like this all the time on the website i used to administrate, they almost alwyas came back because the website was cursed

then again doctor shemp is much older than all those people

well i just hope this doesnt affect AZCT or anything like that
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote:people did stuff like this all the time on the website i used to administrate, they almost alwyas came back because the website was cursed

then again doctor shemp is much older than all those people

well i just hope this doesnt affect AZCT or anything like that
Is that website Neopets by any chance?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I did not at any point administrate Neopets no
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Was this because of the MaGL X2 thing...?

I find that hard to believe because I mean I was swayed by the arguments people made at the time and changed the thing Shemp had an (extremely vocal) issue with. But that's the only drama I can think of that involved him recently.
I believe that was a major factor, that and Ditcoaf blowing up on him
That crazy voice dude
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think he got an official warning in PMs at about the same time I was yelling at him, the combination of which led to him asking for a ban? He didn't get that ban, but decided to leave anyway.

My post wasn't really about the MaGLX2 stuff, or the facts of the disagreement (I actually half-agreed with what he was advocating in that thread), it was more about how he behaved during arguments in general, of which that thread was just the most recent example. I'd guess it was the same for the official warning.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Removing the thread by editing out the OP is a shitty way to go. I normally only see really immature members doing that..
Oh well, I can't fault him for deciding to quit the forum, since I did that once. raocow even mentioned it in one of those a2mt progress videos, it was funny.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

AUS wrote:Removing the thread by editing out the OP is a shitty way to go. I normally only see really immature members doing that..
Oh well, I can't fault him for deciding to quit the forum, since I did that once. raocow even mentioned it in one of those a2mt progress videos, it was funny.
I would have deleted it but that functionality is either gone or too hard for me to find. Besides which I am immature, so I fit to type.

I also already gave an explanation. Here it is again, edited for brevity:
Doctor Shemp wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:Man I am sick of your shit, Shemp. It's like every time you post in a thread with the slightest hint of disagreement, you quickly turn it into the most frustrating kind of conversation. You're so often so absurdly confident, and there's no use in trying to reason with you because you interpret everything in the worst light possible, your defensiveness is impenetrable. I've taken to just avoiding threads once I see you arguing in them.

It's stupid of me to be this rude and confrontational, and I probably deserve a temp ban or something for this, but I'm fed up. I want something this blunt said to you at least once, so you're at least aware that there are people out there who despair at your argument style. It'd be easier to deal with if you were actually just dumb. But you always seem so close to being reasonable, like it might be possible to show you your error, but then all attempts shatter on your diamond ego.
No problem, good points, which is why I'm leaving. [There is no] purpose in remaining in a discussion board when I actively prevent discussion. So I'm out and gone.
So why am I posting? Because it was nagging on my conscience that I pledged to do as much as I could to get AZCT finished. So while I still agree with my explanation before, I can't ethically abandon that commitment. So my compromise solution is to restrict my posting solely to the AZCT subforum and this thread until AZCT is either completed or officially canned, or I am told to fuck off by the AZCT team, at which point I can leave without consequence.

Oh, and the LP videos are back up, for all 5 or so of you who cared. I expect that I will need to delete them again at some point due to employers being better at searching these days, so DownloadHelper or whatever is probably your friend if you care that much about that.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Will you let one person walk over you? I originally had issues with your posts only because I saw them as a threat to the contest. Seeing how we are getting over 200 participants this time around, I see I was overreacting to it too.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I mean, you're snarky and pessimistic, but you're smart and I enjoy your being here?
Agreed, honestly.

I mean, I was hoping to push you to reconsider the way you argued, not drive you away entirely.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Come on man. It still shouldn't keep you from talking to your friends! Whether that be on the forums or not
That crazy voice dude
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I can say I would legit miss Shemp if he left
I never like seeing someone leave forever :(
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Makes me bummed out too. Especially since I know how he feels with the lping thing
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

I think the forum is worse off if Shemp departs. Even taking his "arguing style" into account. I disagree with the idea that his participation forestalled or cut off discussions; I actually think they helped foster it.

I don't always agree with Shemp's positions, and I don't always agree with how he presents his cases. But that doesn't mean he should feel like his taking those positions is bad for the forum. It isn't.

I firmly believe that A2XT would not be nearly as good as it turned out to be had Shemp not been involved in the creation process.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Let me be quite clear about two things.
1. I did not make this decision on Ditocoaf's post alone: it is obvious that Ditocoaf was the only one prepared to say what most are thinking, even if he is equivocating it now. The results of "Most Likely to Complain" which has and always will be a proxy for "User I Most Want to Leave" demonstrate that. In many ways this thread reminds me of the debacle that surrounds my Prime Minister at the moment: his inner circle closing ranks around him with defensive praise and full support while everyone else in his party hates him and wants him gone.

2. I did not make this post out of a masturbatory desire to have you all sing my praises and "convince" me to come back as a propaganda gesture as has been attempted here before. I am very uncomfortable with that. I was simply stating the facts of things as they are to be.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think there's quite a bit of dissatisfaction members have with each other, but they don't always get it openly because it might not be appropriate time for it.

Maybe we could use an opportunity to share these feelings with one another to clear up misunderstandings and negative emotions.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

It's not true though that a lot of people want you to leave. Some people wanted you to tone down the aggressive/defensive debating, but I'm sure the vast majority of those (myself included) wouldn't extend that to wanting you to leave. Outside of arguments, you're among the well contributing forumites. (and despite the "talkhaus drama" cliche, arguments are a minor part of what goes on here)

Long-term, I've considered us on friendly terms -- it's only in the last couple months that there were a series of incidents that kinda built up in my mind and triggered that angry post. That sort of downswing doesn't define how I think of someone. I remember you from those worms games and diplomacy more than I do from arguments.

(And haha I know how that feels with the dogpile here, like "christ I wasn't fishing for compliments". But everyone feels like they need to state their stance.)
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Why would you leave episode 2!?

You know that people got to be tolerant to a little critique sometimes.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Doctor Shemp wrote:The results of "Most Likely to Complain" which has and always will be a proxy for "User I Most Want to Leave" demonstrate that.
That was not what I intended when I nominated that category *at all*. I know you complain a lot, and given *I* complain just as much (although admittedly less so here than I do on my IRC channel, I'm still surprised I got *no* votes there), I'm not one to criticize you for that. But there's more *to* you than just "guy who complains a lot". I can't necessarily speak for you on this, but I know that when I complain, it's usually because I actually *like* something, and want to see *improvement*. Given your generally reasonably well thought out critiques, I can only assume you're much the same way.
Doctor Shemp wrote:I did not make this post out of a masturbatory desire to have you all sing my praises and "convince" me to come back as a propaganda gesture as has been attempted here before. I am very uncomfortable with that. I was simply stating the facts of things as they are to be.
I'm sorry if it may come across as artificially "singing your praises" in a possibly vain effort to encourage you to stay, and I know we've not talked a whole lot since I joined, but I genuinely do think you're a pretty cool guy, and I do feel like Talkhaus would be a worse place without you. I've taken my share of unpopular opinions in my time, and I can respect someone who isn't afraid to go against the grain. Within reason, mind, but you've crossed no moral lines I've seen, and you've had my back on such an issue at least once (I believe it was the whole powerup filter issue in A2MT, in which Alex just kinda went ballistic on me for daring to question it, but do correct me if I'm wrong), so I may possibly be a bit biased here.

That said, yes, you're stubborn. Very stubborn. I was, until not too long ago, much the same way, which is how I have a good idea of what you're feeling right now. But it's not a sign of weakness to be wrong every now and then, and to be more open to what other people say, especially if your counter-argument is based on hearsay moreso than personal experience. Believe me on this one; I haven't shown it much here, because I've been actively trying to get past it, but I was so stupidly stubborn in the not-too-distant past that it would literally drive away longtime friends, sometimes for good. It just wasn't worth losing any more friends just to always be "right". I'm sorry this probably sounds like I'm preaching to you now, and I'm probably being presumptuous for saying this, but... I honestly feel like you're just running away from your problems, rather than trying to face them in a mature manner to better yourself as a person and a member of this community.

No, I don't believe I have all the answers, and no, I don't necessarily guarantee what I said applies to you or anyone else. You're free to stay, free to leave, or whatever you feel is ultimately best, but just know that you'll have my support, if no one else's.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Willhart wrote:Why would you leave episode 2!?
I explicitly said as soon as raocow finished his episode 1 LP that I wouldn't be participating in episode 2. That's old news.
Holy

Post by Holy »

Shemp, I just wanna say that being "Most Likely to Complain" has little relation to "User I Most Want to Leave". Sure, you're in the running with DeePay, but your complaints are (for the most part) the good kinds of complaints, and they've done a lot to improve the community. Whether you stay or go, that misconception should be cleared up.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
I explicitly said as soon as raocow finished his episode 1 LP that I wouldn't be participating in episode 2. That's old news.
You still made levels for it!

Edit: "Don't Panic, Just Chill" and "Non-Stop Rocking" got both good reviews from Isrieri.
Isrieri wrote:Well done! If you take my suggestions I think this level would be excellent!
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Doctor Shemp wrote:1. I did not make this decision on Ditocoaf's post alone: it is obvious that Ditocoaf was the only one prepared to say what most are thinking, even if he is equivocating it now. The results of "Most Likely to Complain" which has and always will be a proxy for "User I Most Want to Leave" demonstrate that.
Then it's a good thing you didn't actually win that award.

Seriously. I just went through that Talkhaus Most thread and counted the votes. I've no idea why you "won" that award, because MrDeePay got 19 votes and you got 17 votes.

The following people voted for you:

spitznagl
Ningamer
Clamestarebla
Whimsical Calamari
Zyglrox Odyssey
sloth
Bwarch
docopoper
cheez8
Alice
TheVulpineHero1
Vergalon
bkamakaze
Bean
Slit08
Sturg
LovelyPenguin

The following people voted for MrDeePay:

Maiku Wotaharu
FluffiMasta
GlitchedGhost
8flight
Jesuiscontent
Willhart
MonkeyShrapnel
sedron
YelseyKing
WestonSmith
Unaniem
Leet
Horikawa Otane
Doctor Shemp
BobisOnlyBob
Ometeotl
Septentrion Pleiades
Lejes
Grounder
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Commentary in the Most Likely To Complain thread:

"Doctor Shemp. but only because I haven't actually seen MrDeePay in action." - WhimsicalCalamari

"Doctor Shemp. It can't be MrDeePay because he's unlikely to post in the first place." - ZyglroxOdyssey

"MrDeePay. Yeah, Doctor Shemp complains a lot and posts more often, but complaints aren't 100% of his thoughts. MrDeePay only pops up to complain about stuff. Also, when Shemp complains it's more often constructive and leads to improvements in things (like a lot of A2XT,) whereas DeePay's complaints end up in stuff like the end of the MaglX thread." - sedron

"Doctor Shemp. At least in my experience this year. Though it was mostly either constructive or intended to be constructive... Or him prejudging all my levels as being bad because they were difficult. :P" - docopoper (Response by DS: "In fairness by World 7 or 8 I was prejudging every level as bad.")

"Doctor Shemp. Guy has opinions, and has them consistently. Good times." - TheVulpineHero1. Later clarified with: "Honestly, I kinda like it when things provoke debate, so the 'good times' was only about 20% sarcastic there."

"Doctor Shemp. man's complained/debated in most of these mosts" - bkamakaze

"Doctor Shemp. Not a bad thing. He's just an opinionated dude, and he'll make sure to throw in his two cents." - Bean

"When I nominated this category, I actually had Doctor Shemp in mind. Then I saw some people vote for MrDeePay, and it made me think. While, yes, Shemp does complain a lot, his criticisms tend to be of the constructive variety. MrDeePay's, meanwhile, just seem to be snarky putdowns. When faced with "good intentions" vs. "cold mockery", I had to go with the latter." - YelseyKing

"On the flip side though Shemp is far more active than MrDeePay." - Alice

"And shemp is a pretty cool fellow too" - InsaneIntentions

"MrDeePay. Doctor Shemp is a cool guy and I think it's unfair to characterize his posts as complaining!" - Lejes
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Let me be quite clear about two things.
1. I did not make this decision on Ditocoaf's post alone: it is obvious that Ditocoaf was the only one prepared to say what most are thinking, even if he is equivocating it now. The results of "Most Likely to Complain" which has and always will be a proxy for "User I Most Want to Leave" demonstrate that. In many ways this thread reminds me of the debacle that surrounds my Prime Minister at the moment: his inner circle closing ranks around him with defensive praise and full support while everyone else in his party hates him and wants him gone.
Having reviewed the entire "Most Likely to Complain" thread, I'd say the only person in there who was voting you out of legit frustration was Alice and maybe cheez8. If any votes in that thread are really proxies for "User I Most Want to Leave," the vast majority of them are votes for MrDeePay, not votes for you.
Doctor Shemp wrote:2. I did not make this post out of a masturbatory desire to have you all sing my praises and "convince" me to come back as a propaganda gesture as has been attempted here before. I am very uncomfortable with that. I was simply stating the facts of things as they are to be.
Your understanding of the "facts" is wrong. People are posting here in an effort to correct that.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Willhart wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:
You still made levels for it!

Edit: "Don't Panic, Just Chill" and "Non-Stop Rocking" got both good reviews from Isrieri.
Isrieri wrote:Well done! If you take my suggestions I think this level would be excellent!
Chill got a mediocre review and deserved worse, and Rocking got a mediocre review elsewhere as well.

Besides that, let's be honest, the beta testing process was us - and a few others, like Voltgloss - attempting to bend the project away from its original vision (creativity first and foremost, fun for raocow) towards our vision (creativity constrained by functionality, fun for everyone). Ultimately we failed in that. We made a game that was still way too much of the former to appeal to non-raocow fans or even to some raocow fans - see the whole furore about the cutscenes, for example - yet skewed it enough to the latter to offend a good dozen or so contributors. I know I certainly made more enemies than friends with that. Admittedly I don't really check the A2XT subforum anymore but last I checked the main focus was on holding the episode back to develop a new engine to make cutscenes again. This is so far off from what I want to be attached to than rather than attempting to twist the project again to my view, I think it would be less selfish to not be attached to it. It can float or sink on its own.