(shouting)

ASMBXT; Journey's end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT After World 3 is World 4

Post by jayScribble »

I got one terrible joke for this guy:
One... two... three fake laughs! Ha Ha Hah!
I watch raocow because he sometimes makes me smile when thing go down and all his non-sequiturs. He puts up a positive attitude, even though the game itself give him hard times, but he's gotten though them, and I think that the laugh at the end is a sigh of relief after all that hard concentration to execute those hard maneuvers he expects to appear in many romhacks and stand-alone games. (Barring a few LPs)

I mean, if he laughs, it's something funny to him. If he makes a joke instead, he wants us to laugh. We all have our own form of humor. I used to laugh all the time back at highschool, even though no one else in my friend group does. It created a unique identity to me, that I laugh at even the stupidest things that occur.
:lol: Hey clown: why the long face?
Back on topic: I find my OOD tingling when I saw the P switch door not directly where I'd expected to be in that room in Forest Ghost house. An entire raocoin/rao-coin became a breakable brick block? Is this part of the limitations of the ASMXBT engine?
Where does Sheath store all her bombs? Too many questions to ask.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

jayScribble wrote:An entire raocoin/rao-coin became a breakable brick block? Is this part of the limitations of the ASMXBT engine?
Yes. P-Switches affect all coins, including Yoshi Coins, in the SMBX engine. It's one of those subtle differences between SMBX and SMW, like being able to spin-jump while carrying an object or swimming normally while holding an object.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Hmm to me the difficulty curve is mostly appropriate. However (though this might just be me) world 6 is way easier than world 5 was
... with levels like "Foodland" (Holy Crap! that water section with the boos), Pibble Peaks or the second leak of leaky jungle.
World 7 is nuts difficulty wise! :D Having a hard time with almost every level here! Though most of them are fun except for one rather unfair level
Hot Hot Angry Stars... seriously several angry suns with the odd behaviour of the semi homing Paragoopas on a slow autoscroll level plus the odd behaviour of the rising and thus moving lava platforms which screw up my shoe jump over and over again plus one hit is a guaranteed kill... I mean seriously, come on
and one just overall bad designed and visually disgusting level
Shoe zone, I guess I don't need to add any comments on this one
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Slit08 wrote:Hmm to me the difficulty curve is mostly appropriate. However (though this might just be me) world 6 is way easier than world 5 was
... with levels like "Foodland" (Holy Crap! that water section with the boos), Pibble Peaks or the second leak of leaky jungle.
Fun Fact: Fluffy Quest was originally placed in World 5. Be glad it got moved to the Postgame. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Suicidal Boss Rush was broken. Peeps, test your levels after you fix them!
SAJewers wrote:Fun Fact: Fluffy Quest was originally placed in World 5. Be glad it got moved to the Postgame. :)
Fun Fact:I had nothing to do with the world 5 thing. I suggested world 7 would be a safe place for it after it was already put in world 5.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Suicidal Boss Rush was broken. Peeps, test your levels after you fix them!
SAJewers wrote:Fun Fact: Fluffy Quest was originally placed in World 5. Be glad it got moved to the Postgame. :)
Fun Fact:I had nothing to do with the world 5 thing. I suggested world 7 would be a safe place for it after it was already put in world 5.
Yeah. I still don't know who put that there.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

the most broken level in the game being played by the most game-breaking person in existence, who would have seen that coming now?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

What? How did he break the boss rush? Then again, I see that this is a new version of the level, which didn't need to be fixed in my opinion.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
malipo

Post by malipo »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Suicidal Boss Rush was broken. Peeps, test your levels after you fix them!
I think that was done on purpose.

That boss fight was awful.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

if the boss fight was actually removed on purpose, then why is there still the moment where it appears,
and why is it still implied that the level contains a password
, and why is there still the need to hit the R block
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Congrats on finishing Only One Screen under 210 seconds on the first try! 8-)

I was expecting you raocow to at least lose a life on the "Don't touch the red", but he got though without a sweat. :P Can anyone who can count chipmunk seconds how fast raocow finsihed the stage?

And as always, raocow "breaks" a level again. He has a knack for doing this at least once in every game he plays. (Mega Man: A Day in the Limelight 2 and Tower of Biased being the best examples.)
I was really hoping that the yellow spikes to not count due to a technicality, but spikes are spikes, and yellow hurts. :? Is the Red blocks Insta-kill? Like a graphic-changed lava block?
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

8flight wrote:
malipo wrote:
I think that was done on purpose.

That boss fight was awful.
I removed the boss fight on purpose
I'm glad you did that. That boss fight was boring.

I need to remember to upgrade to the latest versions in case some other level were changed like this
jayScribble wrote:
I was really hoping that the yellow spikes to not count due to a technicality, but spikes are spikes, and yellow hurts. :? Is the Red blocks Insta-kill? Like a graphic-changed lava block?
Why spoiler? raocow already beat the level
Yes red is lava insta-kill. And touching a coin in ascetic fill the world screen with lava. Personally don't touch red was so hard for me that I used demo128 to get to the door. I still don't understand how raocow managed to win on his first try in the no midpoint run.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm pretty sure I did touch some red over that one floating block so who knows!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Well, i never beat Only One Screen, although I did beat the original "This is the Only Level" game it was based off of once upon a time. Man, that red room. And that time limit. Nevertheless, good job on it!
Yeah, the cat planet thing seems to not really work when you're big, for whatever reason. That power-up has a weird way of working.
Also, the boss fight in Suicidal Boss Rush was removed? When I tried that level, I gave up because the instructions for the boss fight were so confusing. I was supposed to throw something or other, but I didn't get it at all. Nevertheless, it was very creative, I guess?
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

yogui wrote: Why spoiler? raocow already beat the level
Spoilers because not everyone's reached the level yet or knows about raocow's "experiment" with a certain obstacle in the video. That's what I think is spoiler worthy. :?

Most of the time I put spoilers at the end of my posts: It's kind of a habit for me.

raocow, I think that, technically, you landed on a "ledge" during that run, so maybe the landing spot for that jump is larger than it looks?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I'm pretty sure the screwdriver was a reference to raocow is Set for Life.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

MrWeirdGuy wrote:You know why you thought it looked like Bill Cosby? Because it is Bill Cosby, and probably my favorite Big Boo replacement that I made. (yes, there's more to look forward to.)
Well that definitely explains why it looked like Bill Cosby then.
AlexanderXCIII

Post by AlexanderXCIII »

Validon98 wrote: Also, the boss fight in Suicidal Boss Rush was removed? When I tried that level, I gave up because the instructions for the boss fight were so confusing. I was supposed to throw something or other, but I didn't get it at all. Nevertheless, it was very creative, I guess?
IIRC one of the mini-pipes was a throw block generator that doesn't work if you're standing on top of it.

I'm actually disappointed it was removed; I'd kinda like to know what the heck that dialogue sequence was referencing.
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Thank god the boss fight in Suicidal Boss Rush was removed, it was definitely the most unfun thing I played in this game (mind, I haven't gone through the entirety of it)
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The boss wasn't that bad. It probably need some more sprite tweeting and one few hit to take it down.

It could easily set a new precedent for bosses if done right, plus the dialogue was funny as well.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Shoe zone is by far the best level in the game with tewi eien tei a close second, and then the old boss of suicidal boss rush.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

I've got a question:
Where's the second leek in the Sky Ghost House in World 8? I just cannot find it.

The hunt begins!
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Take the p switch from the midpoint back and hit it just before entering the lava area, then do some crap
Last edited by kil3 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Also let me just say this:
The Frozen Key Factory is the best level in this game so far. Absolutely astonishing visuals, top notch design, a catchy song and a decent length.

The hunt begins!
kil3

Post by kil3 »

8flight wrote:
kil3 wrote:
Take the p switch from the midpoint back and hit it just before entering the lava area, then do some crap
cant i just use the p-switch in the beggining?
Yeah actually you can. I found a way to get up there without using the p switch but I forgot how (not counting leaves)