(shouting)

3000 Fails in Search of Demo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

3000 Fails in Search of Demo

Post by lukaramu »

Still have to find a better title.

Also, this confirms that Gensokyo and the Mushroom Kingdom are in the same universe.
ALSO, you should probably hide the input.

3000 Leagues in Search of Bowser on everything.raocow

OR

1 - great expectations
2 - treasure island
3 - under the hill
4 - three man in a boat
5 - wuthering heights
6 - no thoroughfare
7 - scenes of clerical life

Download the original HERE
Download the translation by Horikawa Otane HERE
Last edited by lukaramu 11 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Vector

Re: 3000 Leagues in Search of Bowser

Post by Vector »

That is the weirdest Yoshi I've ever seen.

The pictures in the intro cutscene were pretty nice though!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm keeping the imputs there so that I can PROVE that I DID press that button when I went sailing off the corner of a platform!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

raocow wrote:I'm keeping the imputs there so that I can PROVE that I DID press that button when I went sailing off the corner of a platform!!!
WHAT?
YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ON AN ORIGINAL SNES? THAT'S ILLEGAL!
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I've modded my snes, obviously.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

How about "3000 Fails of Demos"? =)
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

I don't know what's more incomprehensible, Reimu being a Yoshi or that toolless wall-jump.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Picochilla wrote:How about "3000 Fails of Demos"? =)
Maybe more like 3000 Fails in Search of Demo :P
Jolpengammler wrote:
raocow wrote:I'm keeping the imputs there so that I can PROVE that I DID press that button when I went sailing off the corner of a platform!!!
WHAT?
YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ON AN ORIGINAL SNES? THAT'S ILLEGAL!
And he even said that he isn't playing on ZSNES
RobinLSL

Re: 3000 Fails in Search of Demo

Post by RobinLSL »

The whole "you know what" part was... fairly distressing. But hey, this game involves Marisa, it can't be bad!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Is that title screen music just a remix or actually a song from somewhere? It really sounds famialiar, and not knowing what it is is nagging me.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Best Quote in the 1st Episode was truly 1:19 xD

I had need to laugh really hard at that!
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
raocow

Post by raocow »

argh I can't find one of the dragon coins in the world 1 castle and its driving me batty.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Wait was the Blargg that dude from pokemanz? That's hilarious.

Also I saw a comment that said the button inputs were distracting, and honestly I feel like... well, if you're thinking about it then they are distracting but if you don't think about them which isn't hard to do then it's very easy to ignore and not notice them

Also raocow your willingness to get the dragon coins, I feel, will not end well

EDIT: ^ I so called that one
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

What's wrong with ZSNES? I started my playthrough on ZNSES and I'm in world 2 right now. Should I switch to BSNES before something horrible happens?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

raocow.com: all Touhou, all the time!

No, that's not fair, you do have non-Touhou content sometimes. Sometimes.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

limepie20 wrote:Is that title screen music just a remix or actually a song from somewhere? It really sounds famialiar, and not knowing what it is is nagging me.
It's the Paper Mario file select screen music.
Cup

Post by Cup »

I don't know if it'd be fair to the game to mention that all the mojibake menu options are due to the translation patch, and actually look quite nice and readable in the japanese.

It might be superficial, but it looks really bad every time you get a prompt raocow, and it's not at all the fault of the hack's author, so it might be worth mentioning to the viewers since it could affects their opinion of the hack?

Otherwise the hack seems to have a fun sense of wonkiness. Wonkiness all over the place.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Frozelar wrote:Wait was the Blargg that dude from pokemanz? That's hilarious.
One of the youtube comments said it was Brazillian Foolballer Rhonaldinho. Not sure if that's true or not, though.

EDIT: Looking back, someone suggested it was Brock. Take your pick.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I would be interested in breaking my ZSNES habit but plenty hacks I play break on other emulators. It is pretty crappy to not be sure which emulator a hack will work best. Thanks Carol...

Actually how does SNESGT handle things of this nature? I heard the Japanese love that one.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Paper Mario file select screen music.
You are the greatest; thank you!
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

The Doctor wrote:What's wrong with ZSNES? I started my playthrough on ZNSES and I'm in world 2 right now. Should I switch to BSNES before something horrible happens?
As far as Super Mario World goes, ZSNES has inaccurate sound emulation. Compare the sounds with the latest versions of ZSNES and Snes9x/bsnes, or the real SNES itself- most notably the powerup, pipe, spin jumping, and fireball. This is especially a problem when custom music is thrown into the mix and the music may crash on more accurate emulators/SNES, but not ZSNES because that emulator doesn't render the music correctly.

There are fixes for this broken music- HuFlungDu's Addmusic 4 (AM4: Released April 2011), which function similar to the popular Addmusic made by Romi; ???'s AddmusicMurder (AMM: Released ???), but is more complicated to work out, and Kipernal's AddmusicK (AMK: Released December 2012) which comes off to me as the best of both worlds, but is still rough around the edges. The first two Addmusics require the user to edit the music files somewhat to get them back into working fashion, assuming the song in question didn't pass SMWC's music re-moderation in mid/late 2011, but it only takes a few minutes of work at most.

The problem here is that the Japanese SMW hacking community isn't exactly known for their polish and unless the author went through the effort of making sure their music plays correctly on more accurate emulators, I have a strong feeling that there is going to be some broken music eventually in this LP, which will surely cause some problems. Granted, there are other cases where something works on ZSNES but not Snes9x/bsnes/SNES, but most known cases are because of the music.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Horikawa Otane wrote: If you know how to edit those, I'll totally go back and edit them!
I don't think it's a big enough deal that it would require another patch update or anything. I definitely wouldn't know how to fix that without spending a bunch of time with it (deepay might know?). I do think it's important to represent the authors work at the quality he released it though, since he put a bunch of time into making it and presumably isn't aware of a fan patch.

All it'd take though is a mention next time a prompt comes up saying something like "oh yeah, all that jibberish is due to the patch, the author isn't THAT lazy" sorta thing. The hack is wonky enough that I totally thought it was his fault until I tried the untranslated version haha. I can't imagine being the only one, and it isn't super fair to the creator.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Err where's a link to the download? Normally a link is provided so that other people who are interested in playing that hack might play it (plus if I type the title of the hack in google I don't find it since it is Japanese).
How difficult is this game going to be? VIP like or even worse?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

According to the request thread: http://www7.atpages.jp/smw/view.cgi/1359082559/
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Yeah I had to remove the Japanese characters to get room for the English ones x.x. Sorry!

If you know how to edit those, I'll totally go back and edit them!
I know you can change the "Save" and "1 or 2 player" text, 'cause I did it for MATH2. I think the tool I used for that was "SMW Misc. Text Editor."
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order