Notte Luminosa

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Giant Ninji

Re: Notte Luminosa

Post by Giant Ninji »

http://smwc.me/991191

Hi.

Stop playing this hack.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Yeah, the problem here isn't the hack. The problem is that he's a lying douchebag. At the very least, it should be made public in the commentary at some point so people aren't praising this guy anymore.

Shame, since he technically already "won" - he got the attention he wanted.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I still can't pretend to care either way. Anyway, he made a reasonable job of his hack. Keep playing it but take off the kid gloves. As an added bonus, righteous people might get angry.
dont wanna jihad no more
Giant Ninji

Post by Giant Ninji »

I digress, it is quite a good hack.

Nevermind then; wreck his name, but keep the hack.

Announce it clearly.
Ceddi90

Post by Ceddi90 »

i dont think especially raocow is the kinda person who would shitstorm about some random guy on the internet. i think it was stated earlier in this thread that he is going to keep playing the hack even if the creator is a douche. So there is absolutely no point arguing, is there?
Also i dont think raocow be the person to announce and put shame on the creators name in publicity just for the heck of it. I mean why would he?
TRS

Post by TRS »

While I don't believe there should be any kind of "shitstorm", the fact remains that he started the LP because of Yanama saying he was dying, and he says as such in the first video. If anything, the viewers should know that this is no longer the case.

Also Lightvayne deleted the hack and locked the thread (and a thread making fun of it). He seemed pretty pissed.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm not going to personaly comment on it, but I think I might innocently leave a link to the thread there, and also the next video over have a few silent seconds of video showing a thing.

No comments or anything, just you know. In the name of honesty, the facts.

-edit- by which I mean the thread doesn't exist anymore. Anyone got a screengrab?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

It was just moved to the Trash Can part of SMWC. The ninji's link should still work.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

TRS wrote:Also Lightvayne deleted the hack and locked the thread (and a thread making fun of it). He seemed pretty pissed.
Serves him right. He should get his account banned too, just because.
Also, I really don't mind whether or not raocow and Protonjon continue to LP this hack - that's their decision, really, and it's not good enough to be worth fighting over in my opinion.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure the thread's gone for good.
Last edited by Aposke 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

raocow wrote:-edit- by which I mean the thread doesn't exist anymore. Anyone got a screengrab?
http://smwc.me/991191
Aposke wrote:Serves him right. He should get his account banned too, just because.
Oh but he did get a permaban (disabled account)
TRS

Post by TRS »

Aposke wrote:
TRS wrote:Also Lightvayne deleted the hack and locked the thread (and a thread making fun of it). He seemed pretty pissed.
Serves him right. He should get his account banned too, just because.
Meh. I stated this before on #smwc:

<TRS> You know, I've always thought highly of Notte Luminosa even though I only played the first world or so.
<TRS> Even though there is suddenly all this hate for Yanama, I think it'd be unfair if this cast a negative light on the hack.

I still stand by this.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Well, I lost my faith in humanity long ago.

I will say is that there are plenty of decent hacks that don't have sociopathic authors that need to be played. raocow should probably finish the LP because the hack has it's own merit. I do think raocow should always have one hack going, but I do think having two at once is sort of a drag.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That link is totally not working now, but I get the idea that the dude's a liar. Very lame, but the game is decent enough all things considered. Shame the creator's not so decent enough.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

You need an account to see it apparently.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

alex2 wrote:It's not in raocow's nature to publicly humiliate people like that, no matter how much they deserve it.
I'm all for being nice and such but there's a point where it's too nice in my opinion. Honestly not surprised by this from what I had heard of the guy earlier in the thread though. Maybe the guy will learn some sort of lesson from all this. Probably not though.
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

Apparently you do need to be logged in to see the Trash Can- which I personally didn't know since I'm set to automatically log-in. In any case, here is the "pipebomb" post of SNN's.
You guys need to stop playing his hack and supporting him. You've been had. He's been lying for attention, just as I assumed from day one. Here's a bit of evidence to support this.

smwcentral.net:80 140.103.33.179 - - [04/Dec/2012:18:34:57 +0100] "GET /?p=login&do=logout HTTP/1.1" 200 3786 "http://www.smwcentral.net/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0"

smwcentral.net:80 140.103.33.179 - - [06/Dec/2012:22:39:13 +0100] "GET /?p=viewthread&t=60641&page=5 HTTP/1.1" 200 5908 "http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=60641&page=4" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0"

He logged out two days ago and has been viewing this thread ever since. Interesting - the log out is an implication that he has "died", but:

2. His Facebook page shows activity dating from other a couple of hours ago, events of which include:
a) Getting a job on Tuesday (with only a week to live as of a week ago, huh?), and
b) Adding about 13 friends as of a few hours ago.

3. Speaking of Facebook, his profile picture, uploaded in September, depicts a healthy individual. This is not how a leukemia patient in their last months looks.

4. As stated in a PM, if you are:
constantly vomiting and shitting

then you will not be attending college. You will be in a hospital bed .. which brings me to my final point.

5. Leukemia patients - especially those with Acute Lymphoblastomic Leukemia (ALL), which he claimed he had - would not have the strength to type if they are in their final days. It does not happen. I have lost a very close family member due to leukemia, and I have watched the progression.

I knew from the get-go you made this shit up as an attention grab. You've done this in the past (albeit on a smaller scale), and you've always been an attention whore when it came to your hack. You have absolutely disgusted me and you have done far worse than any other troll or moron has ever done on this site - you have lied about a serious disease. I am going to make sure as many people know about how much of a fraud you are.

Fuck you.
Cue a string of posts that react to this news with anger, disgust, rage, and even one that was asking for an explanation on why this was done. (Yammy is a known liar, come on.) when ended up with White Knuckles Lightvayne closing the topic and our person of the hour getting a permaban thanks to Kieran (the only other admin isn't online!). For those wondering how a couple of other LPers are responding- ProtonJon asked on Twitter if he should continue/end his LP and Heis (w/Dispari Scuro) is seeing about getting his video from Blistered Thumbs removed.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Although, I don't think the fact that he was lying detracts from raocow's crowning moment of heartwarming. Yes, now TVTropes is more important than this guy. E: I updated the page.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Of course, this also changes my opinion of the hack. After all, he could have easily have made a few design changes here and there yet chose not to. You know what I mean?
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

AUS wrote:Although, I don't think the fact that he was lying detracts from raocow's crowning moment of heartwarming. Yes, now TVTropes is more important than this guy. E: I updated the page.
It doesn't really change raocow's intentions at all. He looks like just as good a guy as ever. The other guy just looks like a complete ass though.
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

Gonna just ask a few logical questions here...

1) Are we all SURE that the Facebook page in question was Yanama's? How is this known?

2) People can live beyond what doctors say they will. Checking in and out of the thread would only mean he's reading the replies, which one can do from bed. I would know, I've been bedridden and in bad condition for a long time, it's hard but I do it. Maybe after stopping the chemo, a person can bounce back a little before they go the final downhill, thus last a bit longer.

3) People sometimes upload OLD photos of themselves. I've done so plenty of times, I never get around to it. And the alleged friending activity only says "recent", not a given timespan (at least on my computer). Couldn't find the "job" activity anywhere (once more, at least on my computer).

It's just basically one person's word against another (who now can't speak back up to refute it, one way or another).

It very likely WAS a horrible trick, yeah. But in the canned thread, I didn't see anything definitive and conclusive enough to convince me one way or the other. I just want to know more details if there are any so I know what to believe.
Last edited by ZaCloud 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

people dying of diseases get new jobs
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Re: Notte Lukemiosa

alex2 wrote:I guess you could say he's...

*sunglasses*

Notte Lukemiosa.

YEEEEAAAAHHHH
If I was the OP, I would totally make it the title. Now some drastic development needs to happen on Drama Mistery.
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

ZaCloud wrote:Gonna just ask a couple logical questions here...

1) Are we all SURE that the Facebook page in question was Yanama's? How is this known?
Kieran (SMWC's webmaster) found it through e-mails and PMs (presumably after SNN asked him to) that Yannies provided over the years.
2) People can live beyond what doctors say they will. Checking in and out of the thread would only mean he's reading the replies, which one can do from bed. I would know, I've been bedridden and in bad condition for a long time, it's hard but I do it. Maybe after stopping the chemo, a person can bounce back a little before they go the final downhill, thus last a bit longer.

It's just basically one person's word against another (who now can't speak back up to refute it, one way or another).
You may wanna look at the last post I made and/or look at the Talk thread (apparently the topic's back in Talk along with being in the Trash Can).
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

alex2 wrote:
AUS wrote:people dying of diseases get new jobs
You're an idiot. He said the doctor told him he had only a couple weeks left to live.
that's interesting
you're very interesting
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

ZaCloud wrote:1) Are we all SURE that the Facebook page in question was Yanama's? How is this known?
100% sure. There is a direct IP match.
ZaCloud wrote:2) People can live beyond what doctors say they will.
They can, yes. Miracles happen - however, those who supposedly have a week left to live would not be attending school, which brings me to:
ZaCloud wrote: not a given timespan (at least on my computer). Couldn't find the "job" activity anywhere (once more, at least on my computer).
Wednesday, hover over the activity. The job status was changed on Tuesday.

Let me just say that several hours worth of hunting for evidence between a bunch of us went into this. I just happened to be the one to make the post. People I know got very suspicious and upset over his claim, and a good friend of mine on the site actually lost his father due to a similar type of cancer (who came out of inactivity to post in that thread). This wasn't a blind claim out of nowhere - there is a lot of data here to back this up. Couple that with the fact that the guy has done many things similar to this in 2008-2009 (albeit on a lesser scale), and you've got yourself trouble.

You're welcome to believe what you want though. I am not here to convince you otherwise. I am just laying the facts on the table.