(shouting)

Notte Luminosa

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
shaman

Re: Notte Luminosa

Post by shaman »

I'm mad about this. Really, really mad.

Yanama is the worst kind of human being. People like him is what makes the world a terrible place to live.
is this videogames?
Patgangster

Post by Patgangster »

Just gonna toss this down here: this hack has also been removed from SMWC's hacks section. I don't know how many hacks Yanama had but he only has one left on the site at this time. (not sure if that one's staying on there)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

TRS wrote:
Also Lightvayne deleted the hack and locked the thread (and a thread making fun of it). He seemed pretty pissed.
That's kind of dumb if you ask me. Deleting his hack will only prevent others users from enjoying it, it won't "punish" the author or whatever he thought deleting the hack would accomplish. Yanama already got what he wanted.

Now what would be really funny would be that the facebook page turned out to be his brother's or someone sharing his computer

shaman666 wrote:
Yanama is the worst kind of human being. People like him is what makes the world a terrible place to live.
... Chill out. If for you the "worst kind of human being" are people lying on an internet message board, I don't know what to say to you.

shaman

Post by shaman »

Jesuiscontent wrote:... Chill out. If for you the "worst kind of human being" are people lying on an internet message board, I don't know what to say to you.
I don't care about lying on the internet, but the kind of lie he brought up, just to get attention to this mario hack, c'mon.
He's probably the kind who would do worse for personal gain.
is this videogames?
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Personally, as we all know now that Yanama is more than a stupid moron, I would suggest to concentrate the discussion in this thread on the game, not on the author.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Because this is a hot topic you're going to have a hard time turning the discussion away from all the drama that has happened. Just let things flow as they will.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

ZaCloud wrote:By all means, let's be bitter at the poop-head, but not at humanity which won out by sheer numbers.
Yes please.

If the staff of SMWC decide that their community doesn't need to have this kind of person around, I have no objection. It would be nice, though, if someone who already has the hack could kindly host it somewhere else for the people who still want to play it.
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Now what would be really funny would be that the facebook page turned out to be his brother's or someone sharing his computer
...Ack... wish my fogged-up brain would have thought of that... @_@

I return to my previous state of caution...
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Assuming it's his Facebook, this might have been together with the older lies his attempts at "the perfect story" he talks about in his 'about' section.

In no way even remotely redeeming, I just find it intriguing he would possibly do this for that reason.
fart.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: Notte Lukemiosa

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I'm a bit disapppointed with the final map. I thought it would be asthetically pleasing. Also, the author seems to have a skill of making psuedo puzzles.
Jesuiscontent wrote:That's kind of dumb if you ask me. Deleting his hack will only prevent others users from enjoying it, it won't "punish" the author or whatever he thought deleting the hack would accomplish. Yanama already got what he wanted.
I think there are plenty of other hacks that are deserving of at least NT's level of attention. It's not like you can only play hacks that raocow is playing.
ZaCloud wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:Now what would be really funny would be that the facebook page turned out to be his brother's or someone sharing his computer
...Ack... wish my fogged-up brain would have thought of that... @_@

I return to my previous state of caution...
I think SSN himself carefully approached all possiblities from his approach to this. It's quite likely that he even used his facebook to communicate with some of the staff from SMWC.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Permabanning the guy is a bit harsh. That's the sort of fate that should be reserved for a Spiky Rat or a limpie20.
dont wanna jihad no more
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

We don't really want someone like that associated with SMWC anymore. I didn't apply the ban, but I fully support it.

(oh, and you can apparently download his hack from his file bin, in case anyone was looking for it.)
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

S.N.N. wrote:(oh, and you can apparently download his hack from his file bin, in case anyone was looking for it.)
So it's not even technically gone..In the eyes of the site, it's just no longer supported.
Cool beans.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Welp, Yanama got my attention, which is infinite and worthless, but Cancer Research UK got my money, which is finite and has worth. Personally, I think the latter is the more important result. That said, Yanama's hat now contains more ass than the average baboon colony.

However, the morals or lack thereof of the creator does not in any way change the substance of the hack. The code is still 100% the same, and I support raocow's continued playing of it. Isaac Newton was a renowned nutter, but that doesn't make the law of gravity crazy. Our opinions of the work may be swayed, but the hack is the hack and nothing but the hack.

There's my 2p, anyway.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

That's kind of dumb if you ask me. Deleting his hack will only prevent others users from enjoying it, it won't "punish" the author or whatever he thought deleting the hack would accomplish. Yanama already got what he wanted.
Considering the only reason why people have been playing this game recently and the reality that arose, I say deleting it outright is understandable.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Creator is a selfish asshole of massive proportions, but the hack itself still appears to be mostly good, so I'm glad raocow's still playing it.

Feel kinda bad for Proton Jon, though. I mean, he came out of "romhack retirement" for this largely out of sympathy because (apparently, according to his first video of the hack) he has experienced what it's like for a family member to suffer from cancer...and then it turns out like this.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Protonjon in first video:
The other thing is, I've had family members that dealt with leukemia as well, and it's kind of a, it's a touchy subject for me.
In short, people who are making jokes about this are still being disrespectful.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Haha, this is hilarious! I don't know why I find it funny, but this is getting me all smiley. I guess it's just from his stupidity. Or maybe some catharsis from feeling concerned about him.
RyuuSeichi

Post by RyuuSeichi »

Haha, I never post here, but I did just want to say one teeny tiny little thing. I was contemplating playing Dawn to Darkness (Another hack of Ya...Yam...Yanma...whatever his stupid name is) when I had heard about this, but...well...after recent events, I can find better hacks. ...That was pretty much it, bye bye~
BlackEscargot

Post by BlackEscargot »

If raocow is really gonna continue this then I'll of course watch it but hell will I be pissed off every time I'll happen think of Yanama. That's gonna be video watching emotion at its worst.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

This is the funniest smw-related thing I've seen happen in a very long time.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

ano0maly wrote:In short, people who are making jokes about this are still being disrespectful.
limepie20 wrote:Haha, this is hilarious! I don't know why I find it funny, but this is getting me all smiley.
That lined up perfectly.

But, wow. This is a thing. I actually haven't watched any LPs since Copy Kitty, and this was the first one I started watching, and it had nothing to do with the whole cancer story. I was just bored so I started watching it.
That's oddly incidental.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Never underestimate the investigative power of the internet.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Ashanmaril wrote:That lined up perfectly.
You know, what also lined up perfectly was, the map music in the LP being "Still Alive" when this got announced here. CLEARLY someone at SMWC was in cahoots on the facade to pull that off. By which I mean not clearly at all because geez I'm trying to get one more chuckle out of this let me have nice things.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Not many people would in reality believe a person after the first fake death, yet everyone is somehow surprised by this. Wasn't it obvious given his past behavior? I'm not even bothered by his actions really. I'm more disappointed at how many people blindly believed the lie and had strong emotional reactions to being misled by an anonymous stranger, and in the end, none of it even matters. Excepting whatever close friends he has alienated, no one knew the random internet guy and no one still does.