(shouting)

smwcentral madness: Vanilla 2010

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Gibberling007

Re: smwcentral madness: Vanilla 2010

Post by Gibberling007 »

lol I love the death montage at the end of the first vid. Every few deaths we get to see another baseball-in-the-face :lol:
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

I didn't find it all that interesting.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

<+Cobalt> apparently switching between muted saturations and increasing to higher ones while then resetting to muted saturation again while changing hues is really irritating to the eyes
<%paste> so is una
<%paste> and your mom

^our feelings about today's level
can YOU use the packet sauce?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I tried to play this level, I stopped after a minute or two of flashing colors.

Then I tried to watch this level, I stopped after a minute or two of flashing colors. If I was a judge I wouldn't have even played this based solely on that
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

I think I need to go to my insurance company and claim for a new pair of retinas... :geek:
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

Man, the level design was okay, but... jesus christ the palettes.
raocow wrote:'Surprise timed challenged' are just kinda lame, and rank up there with kaizo endgoal traps as far as I'm concerned.
I guess now's a good time to tell you that my level is a timed challenge level.
- randoguy101
DavidisDave

Post by DavidisDave »

Wow, today's editing was Boss Sauce.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Seriously must've been some heavy bribery going on.

The judges haven't commented because they're busy driving around in their new cars bought with DIRTY MONEY!
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

frickinawesum wrote:Uhm, for me I think the 'Seizure ahead!' thing wasn't that bad in this entry, although this may be because I watched the video in my phone.
Or maybe you're just totally used to stuff like that? I mean, have you LOOKED at your signature?

Simon
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

I have a distinctive feeling everyone is going to hate my level a LOT haha. like i swear lately every video has a ton of comments complaining about a thing that's an element of my level (glitch abuse, backtracking, glowing colours, ridiculous boss fights)

it would've been in around the top 20 if firephoenix had liked it, but oh well haha
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Cecil Deacon wrote: (glitch abuse, backtracking, glowing colours, ridiculous boss fights)
Man, I'm going to give your level more of a shot since I recognise your name and all, but, ah, wow. I appreciate the warning if anything!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

Cecil Deacon wrote:I have a distinctive feeling everyone is going to hate my level a LOT haha. like i swear lately every video has a ton of comments complaining about a thing that's an element of my level (glitch abuse, backtracking, glowing colours, ridiculous boss fights)

it would've been in around the top 20 if firephoenix had liked it, but oh well haha
At least your glowing colours have a flow to them. This level was just "OH MAN LET'S HAVE BLINKING LIGHTS"
- randoguy101
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

DancingMad wrote:The judges haven't commented because they're busy driving around in their new cars bought with DIRTY MONEY!
greetings from cuba.

as for the judgings on this level - aside from the blinking seizure hellstorm (which, yes, DID degrade the score), the level itself was pretty decently designed.
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

And now we enter the part of any decent contest where the levels are not too amazing, but not terrible enough to laugh at.
*sigh*
raocow, your fans will never be satisfied.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

Welp! I didn't hate the flashy background; it coulda been worse. At least it made it interesting and was a pretty neat trick. And several parts of the level were quite fine. But, then it got too long, had too many mean jumps, and the time issue was blarghy. It seemed like raocow got pretty frustrated, as I would have too. The lack of midpoint and length was a big fat issue there.

Overall, I'd say it had good elements to it, like how ice cream is good and beef is good and noodles are good... but they're not necessarily good all squished together into a giant pile you gotta try and eat nonstop while getting more and more of a tummy-ache.

Only to find out at the very end that you were supposed to have finished it all in five minutes and the nearly-done bucket is taken away and a new one set in front of you to try again.
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

Gibberling007 wrote:lol I love the death montage at the end of the first vid. Every few deaths we get to see another baseball-in-the-face :lol:
A... faceball, if you will.
:catcrime:
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Does the part of the puzzle maze which raocow didn't go in (the part needing a p-switch, next to the midpoint I think) contain anything different?
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

You know the best way to get on those moving platforms? Having the level designer use the platform that doesn't move until you land on it adsljfklajsdfafkj nobody ever does that.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

I liked the levels today and the Fuchsia palette in #49, along with the puzzle concepts. Although, it did rely on a glitch to complete (bringing a pressed P-switch into a pipe) and I noticed it had a looping problem with the custom music .
Yoshi Ambassador!
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

Karatekid5 wrote:I liked the levels today and the Fuchsia palette in #49, along with the puzzle concepts. Although, it did rely on a glitch to complete (bringing a pressed P-switch into a pipe) and I noticed it had a looping problem with the custom music .
About the P-switch, I think it works without the glitch because there already was one past the pipe.
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Before anyone says anything (because I know there will be), that is NOT what SMWCentral thinks is hard. I don't need a bunch of you badmouthing the site without knowing how things are there.

Sorry if I'm coming off tersely but I had to get this out before it turns into a big "make fun of SMWCentral's hack guidelines" thing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Fortunately nobody really said anything about it.

I think it just hit a nerve with me personaly right now, because it kinda irks me that people vote asmt things like 1 because of difficulty (I know I shouldn't care, I can't help it)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

You should know that people voting 1s are likely downvoters. Notice how no featured hack has a score higher than 8.3? That's because we get people who downvote hacks for the hell of it.

For the people that legitimately think it's too hard, it's obvious that there's a split in "what's good" between here and SMWCentral (and Japan if we want to go there) so putting the hack on SMWC will obviously cause people who have only gone by SMWC standard the whole time to see it in a different light than the rest of us. Myself, having seen and experienced both, sort of takes a middleground. But since the hack was not made with the intention of being made for SMWCentral, it followed a different set of guidelines and therefore we respected that when it came time for hack moderation and acceptance to the site. We weren't going to force you to change the hack to fit in with our standards since it wasn't an smwc hack to begin with.

I'm getting longwinded again so I think I'll stop here.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Can we at least make fun of how defensive you get?

Edit: Also I thought ASMT wasn't gonna be submitted to SMWC anyway, but I don't want to get into that. Because I don't care.
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

Considering it's basically only me and SNN representing SMWC, and I identify with there more than here I feel slightly obligated to be defensive. But yes, you may do so.