(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mestrophis

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Mestrophis »

Speaking of Supreme, I highly doubt that it would be limited by gravity. They're exceptionally powerful constructs and if one needed to fly, I'm pretty sure it would.

That said, the finale is gonna be something. Almost an hour away I can't wait!
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Ok so now that the finale is out, I just want to say that I love that raocow and my reaction to first seeing what the final boss is was the exact same.

This just in, Local Ant Gets Fried Under a Magnifying Glass

And to answer rao's question during the end cutscene,

Both Lymia and Savant are tiny (compared to humans). Savant's just even smaller than Lymia.

Peptobislawl
Is here for some reason

Post by Peptobislawl »

Mestrophis wrote: 3 years ago And to answer rao's question during the end cutscene,

Both Lymia and Savant are tiny (compared to humans). Savant's just even smaller than Lymia.

Offical statements are that Boki is ~4 Feet tall and Savant should be just over 2. His sprite had to be made bigger than he's supposed to be for "Actually being able to see him in all this chaos" reasons. No idea how big Lymia is but proabably around 4 Feet as well?

Not sure if that really needs a spoiler but I'M DOING IT ANYWAY
I got an avatar.
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

Woo! Thanks so much for another run, raocow! Im glad you had fun with Savant, and I'm glad the final fight was satisfying for you overall. I know some the weapons are a little outside your usual taste, but I will say you understood their functions quite quickly.

Oh also, regarding talk of character sizes:
deciding on exact sizes is tricky for me, but I know Boki is slightly shorter than a human, Lymia is somewhere between 3 and 4 feet tall, and Savant is about half a foot shorter than whatever height Lymia is. The sprites aren't perfectly size-accurate compared to one another since gameplay purposes are more important.
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Most important detail is that all characters are the right size for hugging
helucard

Post by helucard »

xfix wrote:
helucard wrote: 3 years ago Wow, coming up to the Savant finale. I am HYPED! Boki's final fight was pretty rad.

For the sake of people, if they exist, who haven't seen the Boki playthrough and want to be fully blind to this one, I'm gonna spoiler the following speculative questions because... I get a little detailed.

Wonder how most of those mechanics are gonna work though, I mean, the thremnat is very much bound to the laws of gravity, and Savant really isn't. Is that grab move even gonna connect once? And the shield smashing and stuff? Like, Savant is in a much better place mechanically speaking.... So is the Thremnat gonna get a jetpack or something? I mean they made Arikan fly and added a drill, but then, would he really be testing its suitability for Boki? Hmm...

As you could guess the fight is very different. And yeah, Savant is arguably not testing the suitability of challenges for Boki considering how different the fight plays, but that isn't the first time it happened (you mentioned Arikan, but there is more of that, the recent example being Phoenix Yoggval).

.......THAT... WAS AMAZING. :rao: Yeah,

"Very Different" is definitely a descriptor you could use! I didn't expect the extent to which "Very" could go.

Raibys, Azure, you did amazing, seriously, stellar job with this game. Are you doing anything else of recent note that we might be interested in?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Now I'm curious about all the dialogue possible in that last fight. How many times do you have to fail before she starts repeating herself?

And in particular, after rao won, butterfly commented on how many attempts it took, which I didn't expect. Does she always ask for a best of 2n+1, or is there unique dialogue for a bunch of different possible outcomes? What if you play again, what changes? It's little things like that that show how much went into this game, and it's pretty cool.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I'm still in disbelief with the sheer amount of content in this game. Like, the Savant playthrough by itself is much more than what many games would do, but the fact that there's hard mode, endless mode, all those extras and who knows what else just blows my mind.
ImageImage
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

And Lymia makes her actual appearance!

As I understand it, she's kinda-sorta the "main hero" of the Verse this game takes place in... and yeah, as adorable as she is, she has serious power on her side. I think it's said somewhere she's stronger than Boki and Savant combined (with Savant at his actual full power, mind you). Obviously she was just messing around and having fun here.

Her fight does take some getting used to... especially Constellaser. If you can manage to figure it out and use it right, though, it's devastating.
Implo

Post by Implo »

But wait a moment. Didn't raocow forgot to do star runs of today levels?
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Implo wrote: 3 years ago But wait a moment. Didn't raocow forgot to do star runs of today levels?
He mentioned that up front. In the Boki run, he ended up not doing Star runs of the last few levels because he didn't want to break up the flow of the finale, and once the credits roll his motivation to retread levels is pretty much done for the session - so he decided to do the same with Savant. He probably won't go back to Star them unless he decides to bolt those Starrings onto Hard Mode, the Extra Stages, or Endless Mode (which has unique bosses and merits playing!) videos.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

This was great as always. In addition to all the cool new quirks to Savant gameplay, Lymia added a fresh dynamic to his story, and her twist at the end was amazing. In general, the writing in this game does a good job at never feeling intrusive and just adding to the atmosphere of everything else the game is doing.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

My favourite part about Lymia is how she uses her power set.
Lymia is claimed to have electromagnetism based powers, most of her attacks are light based, but it works because light is a form of electromagnetism. That's just not a connection you see get made a lot in media.
Piesonscreations wrote: I'm still in disbelief with the sheer amount of content in this game. Like, the Savant playthrough by itself is much more than what many games would do, but the fact that there's hard mode, endless mode, all those extras and who knows what else just blows my mind.
Endless mode has way more stuff going on than it has the right to, and is probably worth a few episodes at some point. There's a lot of stuff in endless that's not in story mode.