(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
TiKi

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by TiKi »

Is it true that
this game ends on a big ole cliffhanger? like, you defeat one of the bad guy's servants but he himself is still at large?
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Nope! There's no more cliffhangers in the current versions, everything ends at the right spot and I will not say anything else about that!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

TiKi wrote: 4 years ago Is it true that
this game ends on a big ole cliffhanger? like, you defeat one of the bad guy's servants but he himself is still at large?
that was true of older revisions! If you watch raocow's Copy Kitty FINAL playthrough, you'll see it covers a full story. This is true for Boki Hard, Savant and Savant Hard too.

Also, Endless Mode has unique bosses every 10 levels all the way up to Level 100, so even that has meaningful content!
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

:mgmn8: giga drill breaker
ImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Giga Drill is so cool in that they found a way to make something technically less useful (the "windup") that still makes it more fun to use.
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Giga drill literally builds up anticipation to using it hehehehe
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Today's raocow asks a good question: why would anyone want to use Savant's Bounce window?

It's the one window I've never been able to get the hang of or find anything more than extremely situational uses for.
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Bounce is one of my favorite Savant windows. It's got some pretty great weapon combos like Piranhas, Drill Trap, and Aimbot, and it coming from the closest surface that Savant's aiming at allows for some fun angles to shoot baddies with. Plus the window aims for you once you point it at a place so you can be very lenient with its positioning, unlike, say, Plasma.
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

Bounce is also just infinitely more effective if you aim it diagonally most of the time, since you're going to nearly always have a floor or ceiling around.
Basically the main trick to it is that you have to get used to not aiming straight at the enemies, but I find it one of the most reliable ones once you do.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Savant's affinity for penguins just makes him that much more relatable
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Ah, castle time. Knight thremnats have always been kind of a pain but at least there's some decent options for dealing with them. Especially as Savant since he can teleport behind them to smack their backsides with a flail.
Apparently if you aim downward (while facing towards the thremnat) and fire the flail, it'll clip their feet without colliding with the shield. The window positioning is just low enough if it aims downward.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Savant has now surpassed Garry Kasparov by defeating a computer program at chess.
WhimWidget
WhimWhimWhimWhimWhim

Post by WhimWidget »

Thankfully after the first stage, you just...don't have to deal with Knight Tremnat's shields anymore.
There are ways to work around their shield everywhere, which is usually pretty fun to do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so just in case you didn't get my warning video, there won't be a copy kitty video tonight nor probably tomorrow, on account of shuffling. thank you for understanding :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

It's fascinating to get today's episode from the perspective of the Cybers. Like how getting hit with Zodiac Laser is pretty much instant destruction from our end, but a Cyber who gets caught in it experiences those final few moments as being trapped in an endless board game for eternity. It makes me feel a little bad about destroying the world when it's not necessarily as quick and painless for all involved as we tell ourselves it probably is.
Piesonscreations

This fight gave me MapleStory vibes for some reason.
ImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow in the video wrote:Drill vs Drill, all things being equal, it just doesn't stand a chance.
"it" in this sentence is particularly tricky referent to identify; in this case, it means "the world and everything inside"
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

When I see Savant role-playing, and gushing about his plans for Boki's adventure; it makes it clear to me that Savant really just wants to be a game master for a rpg, but he can't find anyone to play with him. He's taking out his frustration by making Boki play through his home brew.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Aimbot is so good. It's nice to see it get some heavy usage again after a long hiatus. And the fact that Zodiac Laser pretty much just ignores its surroundings to do its own thing is part of what makes it such an amusing and whimsical choice, but also that room with all the barriers does a great job at showcasing just how powerful the ability to ignore everything and do your own thing can be.
Piesonscreations

Now, is Savant actually named Savant? What if his parents gave him that named and he turned out to be real fucking stupid?
ImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago Now, is Savant actually named Savant? What if his parents gave him that named and he turned out to be real fucking stupid?
I always assumed that was his superhero name that became his de facto name, but I'm asking on the Copy Kitty discord now anyway n~yoron

Edit: Found it without the Discord's help! His given name is mentioned if you die to a certain boss. It's

Senzae Irglyzh

, so I was right, Savant is his heroic identity/codename that has become his de-facto name out of convenience.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

If he were really dumb then he'd just be an idiot Savant. The real danger with that name is winding up being competent but unremarkable.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

8 levels to go

and then

:pandamona:

THE BOX
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
helucard

Post by helucard »

Wow, coming up to the Savant finale. I am HYPED! Boki's final fight was pretty rad.

For the sake of people, if they exist, who haven't seen the Boki playthrough and want to be fully blind to this one, I'm gonna spoiler the following speculative questions because... I get a little detailed.

Wonder how most of those mechanics are gonna work though, I mean, the thremnat is very much bound to the laws of gravity, and Savant really isn't. Is that grab move even gonna connect once? And the shield smashing and stuff? Like, Savant is in a much better place mechanically speaking.... So is the Thremnat gonna get a jetpack or something? I mean they made Arikan fly and added a drill, but then, would he really be testing its suitability for Boki? Hmm...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

helucard wrote: 3 years ago Wow, coming up to the Savant finale. I am HYPED! Boki's final fight was pretty rad.

For the sake of people, if they exist, who haven't seen the Boki playthrough and want to be fully blind to this one, I'm gonna spoiler the following speculative questions because... I get a little detailed.

Wonder how most of those mechanics are gonna work though, I mean, the thremnat is very much bound to the laws of gravity, and Savant really isn't. Is that grab move even gonna connect once? And the shield smashing and stuff? Like, Savant is in a much better place mechanically speaking.... So is the Thremnat gonna get a jetpack or something? I mean they made Arikan fly and added a drill, but then, would he really be testing its suitability for Boki? Hmm...

As you could guess the fight is very different. And yeah, Savant is arguably not testing the suitability of challenges for Boki considering how different the fight plays, but that isn't the first time it happened (you mentioned Arikan, but there is more of that, the recent example being Phoenix Yoggval).