(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Alice »

Raibys wrote:Please don't say anything else about the boss that's coming up soon though. That goes for anyone else in the thread, too. Me and Azure would really appreciate if as much of the details about it stay a surprise as possible before raocow does first play it. (Seriously, heh, *everyone* was talking about the Drill Arikan like a whole world before raocow even reached it. :P)
Or at least use spoilers as common decency would dictate. Plus raocow generally avoids spoilers in these sorts of threads anyways so it means he wouldn't accidentally read something and ruin any surprise.
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

You know what, I'll do as you say and use spoilers.
Nested ones. Well, to a point - can't really nest them on Talkhaus, it seems. Instead of further nesting, I'll also make the text tiny.
No raocows past this point unless it's 29th of August, 2014, or later. [ispoiler]The boss of world 11, as GeminiSpark said, is not a single boss, but two of them - one for Boki and one for Savant. We've already seen Boki's boss and we'll see Savant's boss in the video with Boki's boss.[/ispoiler]
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

if you know raocow's going to be playing a level in 2 days anyway, what's the point of ruining some of the fun and discovery by spoiling it? The only thing really worth saying is that the two characters have different bosses, since that affects the video format (it will be one per day)
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Man, dat no-damage run of War Zone. B. A.

(that means Bad Ass)
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Grab Super Speed -> Grab Shadow Metal -> (Optional) Grab Barrier -> hijack the Virs -> DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Strategy for no-damaging that level in a nutshell.

No damage as Savant would be a fair bit more challenging, though...
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Oh cool, you figured out the trick to an easy tank kill with Savant, I don't think I worked that out until hard mode. (As you can imagine, the Hard Mode version of this level is really tough; once you get a vehicle you're fine, but it's really hard to even manage that much.)

What you didn't figure out is, if you go into the upper route and then kill the target through the floor, it removes the floor and you don't have to deal with the plasma guys at all. You can just go over and grab your tank and then smash everything. Savant's Remote should work for that.

I liked the gimmick of the invincible satellite keys - as I said earlier, they only attack when you attack what they're protecting, and they die when it does. As you saw here, that overrides invincibility.

And now we move on to the final battle! (At least for now, apparently.) Good luck!
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Azure Lazuline

Post by Azure Lazuline »

That stage will get a fair reworking with next version, since it includes a way to actually have enemies appear when a key is destroyed, instead of just dropping them in by deleting a metal block :P
It would just be removing the exploits, which... going by this video, it takes longer to do the exploits than it does to just beat the level normally. The past few no-damage runs have been awesome though, you're really getting skilled here!
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Have we gotten a database entry for the black and white virs? Is this it's first appearance?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

Sebby19 wrote:Have we gotten a database entry for the black and white virs? Is this it's first appearance?
Yes we had, the white is the Sun Virs and the black is the Eclipse Virs :)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It's the final battle, and it's as great a video as I hoped!

Important note for the first phase: The big laser blast is a counterattack. It triggers when you hit Fortress Virs with anything other than a kick. Kicking it in the face is therefore a really helpful strategy for getting the no-damage run.

For the third phase, if you die, you'll restart at that phase rather than at the beginning. Not that this is a big deal on Normal Mode, but it was appreciated on Hard. You have to actually know what you're doing to clear that phase on Hard Mode, so it's good not to repeat the first two phases. Losing to the crystal makes you restart from the beginning, though.

You were wondering what to do about the Technodrome's laser (I knew you were going to call it that), and the answer is Earthquaker. Specifically, holding down the button for it until the laser finishes firing. You duck when preparing for Earthquaker, and you won't leap into the air until you actually release the button. So hold the button down and you're safe - however, the game won't let you use all of your attacks while you're ducking. I think the spear still works, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Oh gosh, that was an awesome boss! I was soooo looking forward to this video, and it didn't disappoint! :3

Man, rao, good job on gettin' through the first two phases in 1 go; that gave me so much trouble at first.

"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Hooray! He got the achievement! :D

I was really hoping he'd kick it in the face!
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Man, I was laughing when you realised you were going to pilot that thing :lol:

So some stuff:
You can fire the penguin cannon while charging Eye of Odin or attacking with the spear.

Yes, the game throws at you previous bosses to show that you're now unstopabble :twisted:

My normal strategy is to aim the cannon at the head (the smaller head, not the chain chomp lol) and charge Eye of Odin whenever possible, usually only attacking with the spear to stop the chain chomp or as a combo to Earthquaker.
Fortress Virs.jpg
Fortress Virs.jpg (202.52 KiB) Viewed 6190 times
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

This seems like a good time to mention that I really like the music in this game. This theme and the regular boss theme especially get me really pumped up. The whole final fight in general gets me really pumped up as well.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Zpto wrote:
Fortress Virs.jpg
Seriously Raibys, what goes through your head when writing the Preferences text?
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

BobisOnlyBob wrote:
Zpto wrote:
Fortress Virs.jpg
Seriously Raibys, what goes through your head when writing the Preferences text?
If only I knew.
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Hmmm, I kinda struggled in this fight when I played it, I guess I should have tried rao's usual super offensive instead of swiftly dismissing it.

This does give me hope though, because he'll probably not struggle as much as I on the hard bosses.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

And there's Savant's final battle! (For now.) In case you didn't catch what was going on, what you're supposed to do is fire at the big spark thing above the eye. Once that's destroyed, the eye becomes vulnerable for a while, and then the spark thing returns.

Are you doing Extra World, or is that waiting for the next version too? If you're doing it now, I recommend doing the boss stage with Savant first.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

If this is really act two of three planned acts I can't wait to see what the finale is. I originally thought the final battle was pretty awesome when raocow first played and the game ended at Mr. Metaknight but this one was even more awesome.
Money

Post by Money »

I just realized that the title "Really Really Big Robots" is a callback to the name of the first level with the VIrs in it: "Really Big Robots."
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

All this time, and I didn't know you could enter the shield bubble and hit the weak point without using plasma :oops:
Giga Dengrahx.jpg
Giga Dengrahx.jpg (237.18 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Kitet
what!!
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Kitet »

Someone needs to get that robot some eyedrops, stat.
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

Raibys wrote:
BobisOnlyBob wrote:Seriously Raibys, what goes through your head when writing the Preferences text?
If only I knew.
Fortress Virs hates racing because it's too big to ride the cars and using them as roller skates isn't as satisfactory. Easy as that.

By the way, what happens if the player mech's lifebar gets entirely depleted? Does the battle simply end or does it continue on foot?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

You lose, but if you retry you start back at the third phase. This isn't likely to happen on Normal, but on Hard you have a real chance of losing the battle if you don't understand it fully.

Time and score are the same as what they were when you died, so you can theoretically get a ridiculous score by dying over and over.
Azure Lazuline

Post by Azure Lazuline »

If you die, it shows the "victory" animation for the other mech, and then gives you the game over screen and you restart that battle. It resets your score to what you had at the start of the third phase, unless I screwed that up at some point (probably should just set it to zero instead), but time stays the same.