(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KirbyComment

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by KirbyComment »

Why didn't raocow attempt to get the damage cookie. Was it too intimidating to consider trying it?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Pretty much, haha. THe authors told me I didn't have to do the damage cookie, and for time management's stake I took their word for it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

WAHHHH!!!

Help, I seriously can't beat

invert krijyl

with Boki. (have done it with Savant tho)
Like, I can dodge all the individual attacks but I get hurt by either the enemies or the bouncy balls while I'm trying to dodge things.

And then when half of its health is depleted and its speed doubles or something it just becomes too much

Also I suck with tripwire.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

All you do with Tripwire is throw it and kick to activate it. It doesn't matter where it goes - if you get it in the right place you can get a lot of hits with one Tripwire when it tries to land on you, but I was never clear on exactly how that worked. The boss moves enough that it'll hit the Tripwire sooner or later. Just keep throwing them out whenever you've got breathing space.

It's still not easy, I have all of two victories with Boki and I died at the last second the first time I won.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Azure Lazuline wrote:
Dragon Fogel wrote:What's this about doing Hard Mode next version? Is raocow going to wait, or do you expect to have the next version out that soon?
Kind of both? There will be a pause between raocow finishing and the next version being ready, but it won't be too long, I hope. Since next version will completely revamp hard mode to be much better, it would be kind of pointless to do the first few worlds in the current hard mode before the switch. It's nice to get a little break to build up anticipation, anyway
Aw, but I just finished hard mode. :P

Looking forwards to it.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Nice job with the no-damage run. I think when I did it, I used Bounce and avoided opening the upper-center and upper-right doors, then just threw Bounce windows in there. Or that might have been my Hard Mode strategy, because this is one of the toughest levels on Hard.

I don't remember any tricks to the score beyond "keep switching weapons", though. I didn't think it was too bad, but then, I'd actually managed the score on Treacherous Maze long before this and nothing else has nearly as crazy a score requirement.
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

I finally beat electric death hard, freakish experiment hard wasn't that bad, actually. Did it on my first try with Savant and it only took like 10 for Boki.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

You were on Split because special weapons use the same windows as regular weapons, which is a bit confusing but probably less confusing than if you had an additional ten or so window quirks to learn. Anyways, the point is that the multishot gears use Split as a window. I think other gears might use a different window, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

For the record, you can hide from most things behind the barriers, except the carrots. I messed around and was able to get a no-damage run with Boki by hiding in a corner and tossing out Remotes. I think I managed to get a ten-second win with her, too, but that's mostly just a matter of firing a bunch of Remotes and hoping the gear guys are in range.

Just checked the upcoming levels. Tomorrow's is a gimmicky level that you might remember from previous versions. After that is a breather level, and then after that it's all fighting. The stages aren't too bad on Normal Mode; I think the last one before the boss may give you some trouble, (and the boss too, of course) but the rest should be manageable. Although I don't remember offhand if I had to do weapon-swapping for any of the score goals.
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Okay now I'm stuck at in shining armor hard with Boki... But I just want to know, Savant keeps talking about 'when the shields are down', are the shields destructible or something?

Also world 8 hard is such a pain for Boki with its annoying architecture.
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

They can be destroyed after Exhikkalibur powers up. I haven't tryed the hard mode version yet, so I don't know that still holds true in hard mode
Tatrion

Post by Tatrion »

Guarded Ruins is the closest this game gets to a stealth level.
Starbound2

Post by Starbound2 »

Bryux wrote:Okay now I'm stuck at in shining armor hard with Boki... But I just want to know, Savant keeps talking about 'when the shields are down', are the shields destructible or something?

Also world 8 hard is such a pain for Boki with its annoying architecture.
There are more or less three stages to the boss - the first stage, when it puts up its shields, and when it powers up its weapons. At the third stage, Boki's weapons can destroy its shields. I believe that's when you're expected to go ham crazy on the jerk.

Though I'd wish Savant gave some advice on that middle stage...
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The advice he gives is "try a different set of weapons", and that ended up working for me. Although I did pick up some other tricks.
I found Bow, Pike, and Axe to work best. I don't know exactly why, but it seemed to get through his shields very easily, and I was using Sword, Lance, Axe before that so it wasn't just the presence of the axe.

The most important thing to realize is that his primary attack is charging you, and most of his weapon attacks are short-range. And the long-range ones only hit a small area. So my basic strategy was to keep my distance, and only actively attack after a charge, then run; the idea being that I didn't want to be caught off guard by a charge while I was in the middle of attacking him. Since I had the ranged Bow and Pike, I could also get some hits in on his weapons when I was further away.

The projectiles complicate this a bit, but you can kick them before they actually move towards you. You can usually kick one of them fairly easily, and that generally makes it quite a bit easier to dodge the other two. I think he generally won't charge again until after shooting the projectiles, but it's been a while so I may be misremembering there.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I'd say make sure to have the Axe when Exchikkalibur gets his shields. It swings in a very wide arc, so it can often hit behind them. He'll still block it sometimes, but keep trying. I've found that a combination of the Sword, Axe, and the Pike or the Lance works best.

Don't worry too much about offense: focus on defense. Most of your attacks at that stage are going to be blocked, so just be patient and keep chipping away at him. Also keep in mind that if you destroy his weapons, they drop small health pickups.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Today's pretty much the last breather level. Tomorrow's a pretty typical "just destroy stuff" level, then the next two are crazy in their own ways. Then there's the boss, which is also crazy.

Basically, expect things to get serious in Copy Kitty for the next few days.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Really raocow? You really couldn't have just snuck in a second level today?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

Well, he also started A2XT. Which probably means fiddling with sound codecs and all to make the damn thing work. And hype. It's a breather level well spent.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Yeah, raocow. How dare you only record one level for last night like you've been doing for the past three months. I expect more free content from people who literally give me free entertainment for free. For shame.

Do you get the sarcasm? It's crucial to the joke.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

What are you talking about? Penguin Popper wasn't supposed to be a breather level! I put a lot of effort into making that one of the toughest, most blisteringly difficult levels in the game (possibly rivaled by only the final boss). I mean, look at how many penguins there are: clearly, more than any of the other levels combined! And you made it look like it was nothing, getting the whole cookie on the first try. Way to trivialize my super-brutal level, mr. the cow! Hmph! Just you wait. You won't be so lucky in hard mode! >:D

(I'm joking, of course. XD )
Last edited by LovelyPenguin 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

In case you didn't catch it, the big difference on your successful score run was that you killed the tank later in the level. Because it's worth a base of 500 points, destroying it with a higher multiplier means a pretty nice boost to your score.

Also, did you forget about firebreath when you were trying to kill the plasma gunner on the last run, or did you just not think you could hit him with it from there?

Tomorrow's level is pretty intense, I'm looking forward to it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Good job on the warzone level raocow!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Good job! I was worried you'd forgotten about Shadow Metal again when you didn't grab it with Boki, I guess you just weren't looking at that part of the screen. When I did my low-damage run, I ran for it, grabbed Supernova, and used that to kill the Virs. It's a crazy level, but as you noted, it gives you a lot of help.

I think you'll enjoy the penultimate level. (Not counting Extra World, of course.) It's not as chaotic as this one, but it's pretty crazy in its own way.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Aww yeah, the final boss is coming fast. As expected, each character has their own fight. For Boki, the key to survival is to stay close to the boss. Also, there's an achievement if you kick the boss.
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

Please don't say anything else about the boss that's coming up soon though. That goes for anyone else in the thread, too. Me and Azure would really appreciate if as much of the details about it stay a surprise as possible before raocow does first play it. (Seriously, heh, *everyone* was talking about the Drill Arikan like a whole world before raocow even reached it. :P)
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
Starbound2

Post by Starbound2 »

Spoilers: The final boss is
pretty great