(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I remember finding this level tricky, but it wasn't nearly as frustrating as 6-4.

I noticed raocow pulled off a useful trick with Savant: kicking at enemies on the other side of a wall/barrier. This is really good for hitting Tasbehts in certain situations, since the regular ones die to one kick. The ones here are keys, so it's an easy way to get past the door.
There's even a level that Savant can completely break by doing this, and you get extra dialogue at the end if you do.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

All right, the last Perbeg is here, and with this the last explanation of these guys:

Barrier(red) - Creates a barrier that stops shots but lets people pass
Quarantine(blue) - Creates a barrier that stops people from passing but not shots
Shock(Yellow) - Creates a electric barrier that damages you on contact

Barrier+Quarantine - Barrier that stops everything on its tracks
Shock + any of the other ones - Intermitent electric barrier
Barrier Perbeg.jpg
Barrier Perbeg.jpg (200.39 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Savant can use his kick window much more rapidly if you're constantly moving while doing so. You'll do a lot more damage with it and kill things / carve through terrain faster if you move forward and do a little up/down zigzagging motion while kicking. The downside, of course, is that you're more likely to run into whatever you're trying to attack.
KirbyComment

Post by KirbyComment »

Cirno wrote:Savant can use his kick window much more rapidly if you're constantly moving while doing so. You'll do a lot more damage with it and kill things / carve through terrain faster if you move forward and do a little up/down zigzagging motion while kicking. The downside, of course, is that you're more likely to run into whatever you're trying to attack.
In this version that raocow is playing, you can actually kick faster with Boki using a technique
called the Drill Kick (I discovered it and use it all the time). When you dive kick off an enemy,
you regain your mid-air jump, so you can jump again and dive kick again. So if you hold down
and press kick and jump repeatedly, you can dive kick every other frame. This allows you to
kick through ground alot faster and it does alot more damage to enemies as opposed to
normal dive kicking. It's also very useful if you want to preserve you weapon ammo or if you
don't have any weapons at all and it also deals some good damage against several bosses.
For those who want to see what it looks like, you can download a short clip here => http://www.mediafire.com/download/fh1ft ... veKick.wmv
In version 1.8 this trick is going to be patched and won't work anymore. Then you'll only be able to dive kick every 6 frames. So then Savant is the better choice for kicking, since he can both shoot and kick at the same time. And this might as well make Savant better than Boki in any way.
Last edited by KirbyComment 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Why does this thread keep getting bumped
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I think you posted in the wrong topic.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

No I saw this thread get bumped three times but with no responses
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:Why does this thread keep getting bumped
Because raocow is LPing the game and people are discussing it would be my guess. Is there any reason it shouldn't be bumped?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

No I saw this thread get bumped three times but with no responses
Alice

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:No I saw this thread get bumped three times but with no responses
That doesn't answer my question? You've had two people reply to you so far and you're just reiterating the same exact point without actually clarifying anything nor answering any questions.

Edit: Your response to me is, letter for letter, identical to your previous one even.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Wow do you really not get it?

The thread got a "new response" but I didn't see a new response

Twice
Alice

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:Wow do you really not get it?

The thread got a "new response" but I didn't see a new response

Twice
Wow, do you really not get it?

You made a post that made little to no sense

Thrice
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I can't believe I have to spell this out.

The topic was bumped up to top, the forum was lit red, and the thread had that orange icon that indicates that a new reply was posted.

I clicked the unread post and it's the same post I already saw from KirbyComment, meaning there was no new reply, and yet the thread kept getting bumped up.

Way to go draining all the amusement out of a silly little remark I made about noticing something odd.
Alice

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:I can't believe I have to spell this out.

The topic was bumped up to top, the forum was lit red, and the thread had that orange icon that indicates that a new reply was posted.

I clicked the unread post and it's the same post I already saw from KirbyComment, meaning there was no new reply, and yet the thread kept getting bumped up.

Way to go draining all the amusement out of a silly little remark I made about noticing something odd.
Yes, I got this after your last post. If you bothered reading you would realize that every post BEFORE YOUR LAST ONE didn't get your point across. As I mentioned a few posts ago two of those were identical down to the capitalization.

You can't word shit the same way repeatedly and expect to get your point across when someone says you're not making sense. And responding sarcastically like you did in your last post doesn't help the situation at all, there's no need for you to act like a prick.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Whatever I thought you would understand the "it looked like there was a reply but there actually wasn't" point. My fault it wasn't clear enough. I guess KirbyComment reposted it or something instead of using edit.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Ok... Let's go back to topic, shall we?

So here we have the blue Disaro, it's a lot more unstable than the other ones watch out for its explosion!
Supercharge Disaro.jpg
Supercharge Disaro.jpg (267.79 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the fact that he is so blurry in the photo is great
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KirbyComment

Post by KirbyComment »

ano0maly wrote:Whatever I thought you would understand the "it looked like there was a reply but there actually wasn't" point. My fault it wasn't clear enough. I guess KirbyComment reposted it or something instead of using edit.
Yeah, I did that because I needed to hide a spoiler, but I did it wrong and had to try again. Also, I'm kinda new here, so I didn't even realise that you could edit the post, so yeah :P
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I feel comfortable in saying that the Krijyls, and especially their Hard Mode versions, are the toughest bosses in the game. The fact that you managed to get through with only 20 damage on Boki is impressive.

That said, Savant is the better choice for low-damage. The trick is his in-place teleport - almost everything Krijyl throws at you will be long gone by the time Savant phases back in. Lighting is also quite useful if you just get it to hit him and hold it for a while; the window tracks him to a limited extent, and it racks up damage fast. Seriously, as much as Copy Kitty is usually a range game, Savant's regular Lightning is honestly one of the best weapons once you get the hang of it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

considering I died on my first run and almost did on my second, I was kind of not really considering savant for the no damage run!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Oh man, Just you wait until you find the harder version of this guy. :roll:
So yeah, the best I can say is that the Whip is your friend against this guy, but you still need to be carefull since the Whip has limited range. In Hard Mode, you can and should also use the Trapwire combination
Dynamo Krijyl.jpg
Dynamo Krijyl.jpg (251.17 KiB) Viewed 4057 times
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

raocow wrote:considering I died on my first run and almost did on my second, I was kind of not really considering savant for the no damage run!!
You should get used to his in-place teleport! It basically gives a whole second or so of invulnerability, much longer than a moving teleport gives you. That's great for dealing with fast-moving projectiles or things like the laser rain - you phase out and the danger is long gone by the time you reappear. It's amazing in this fight, also works really well against Kumalo. You don't even have to give up your offense, if you have a window out already it'll continue to fire while you're hiding.

(also, I find this comment kind of funny considering just the other day you took all of 15 damage with Savant and then decided you should use Boki for the no-damage run)

In general, Savant works better for low-damage runs. The main exceptions are levels where you can get a vehicle, since damage done to the vehicle won't count. There are also some levels where Boki's better at killing off enemies before they can be much of a threat. That said, you're way better at actual reflex-based gameplay than I am, so you can probably continue to get by with Boki.

Also, as a sidenote, Krijyl is completely pattern-based - he always does the same attacks in the same order. The game points this out in the hints you get if you die enough times.

I'd say World 7 is on the whole easier than World 6 - the boss level in particular definitely is - but there are some really tricky requirements to meet. In particular, 7-5 has one of the tightest score requirements in the whole game.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Man the "angel guy" has probably the most unpronouncable name of all: Guardian Gehligrukai. Try saying that ten times fast :lol:
So about them angels, they have the strongest type of shield and the gamma variation can make shields for other constructs. Also the shield pushes you outward and the best way to deal with them is with plasma or with a fast projectile.
Guardian Gehligrukai.jpg
Guardian Gehligrukai.jpg (242.24 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

This is the level I mentioned earlier that can be completely broken by Savant's kick. You did catch that you didn't have to open all the doors with Savant, but you actually don't have to open any of them. You even get a little bonus dialogue for doing that.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Why is there a weapon of the true final boss available so early?
And why does that reaper enemy get his own mini cutscene?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000