(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Zpto »

I like riding on top of the crabs for some reason. :lol:
Anyway today's level sure had water in it, you know what construct likes water?
Philyk.png
Philyk.png (950.65 KiB) Viewed 4818 times
TaiyoPrower

Post by TaiyoPrower »

Ah man, the cow sure is on fire with Copy Kitty! No deaths for fourteen stages in a row!

It's a shame then, that this run should end so prematurely. I'd buy this game so I could revel in the destruction of the world as well, but it sadly falls outside of my computer-based video game budget... (Which - go figure - is usually zero.)

And on top of that, I can't even vote for the game on Greenlight - which I'd do in a heartbeat, except that to do so requires me to interact with Steam in a meaningful way, which also falls outside of my computer-based video game budget!

Jeez, my anguish is so palpable you could beat a stupid horse with it and maybe not quite leave any marks on its despicable hide. ._.
And so it was that words entered the realm of man. For what purpose, none today know. Their intended use forgotten, people on the internet (and other places besides) began using words as a means of communication. The words, disappointed as they were by the loss of their true purpose, nevertheless embraced their new identity wholly, and without regret. Over time, the words became an indelible facet of human culture.
As a great man once said:

"It's pretty great!"
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

TaiyoPrower wrote:And on top of that, I can't even vote for the game on Greenlight - which I'd do in a heartbeat, except that to do so requires me to interact with Steam in a meaningful way, which also falls outside of my computer-based video game budget!
Registering a Steam account is free. Do you even need to do more than that to vote on Greenlight?
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

Alice wrote:
TaiyoPrower wrote:And on top of that, I can't even vote for the game on Greenlight - which I'd do in a heartbeat, except that to do so requires me to interact with Steam in a meaningful way, which also falls outside of my computer-based video game budget!
Registering a Steam account is free. Do you even need to do more than that to vote on Greenlight?
I think buying games
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

I like giving kisses and cute swimsuits too!

Am... am I a robot?
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

You can play the game without paying any money for it, you just get an expansion pack if you do. And, there's an unlisted alternate payment for Turbo Edition - if you do something awesome to promote the game, like fan-art or music remixes or any sort of advertising, I'll send you a copy for free. You can do it!

Voting on Greenlight requires that you buy at least one game on Steam, but I think you can post comments even if you did not, which is just as good!
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Azure Lazuline wrote:You can play the game without paying any money for it, you just get an expansion pack if you do. And, there's an unlisted alternate payment for Turbo Edition - if you do something awesome to promote the game, like fan-art or music remixes or any sort of advertising, I'll send you a copy for free. You can do it!

Voting on Greenlight requires that you buy at least one game on Steam, but I think you can post comments even if you did not, which is just as good!
If you're looking for some advertising and you wouldn't mind giving away a bunch of steam keys once you get greenlit, you could get in touch with Carlmundo over at Who's Gaming Now. They're a rather large (over 25k) group of people who vote on greenlight games in exchange for free copies when the game is released on steam. They've also got a key distribution system already in place and a way to verify that it's only going to be one key per steam account, so it's very little work on your end. Even if that doesn't sound like something you'd be interested in, he also does pretty regular streams on Twitch and would probably feature your game if you sent him a copy to play.
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

GauRocks wrote:If you're looking for some advertising and you wouldn't mind giving away a bunch of steam keys once you get greenlit, you could get in touch with Carlmundo over at Who's Gaming Now. They're a rather large (over 25k) group of people who vote on greenlight games in exchange for free copies when the game is released on steam. They've also got a key distribution system already in place and a way to verify that it's only going to be one key per steam account, so it's very little work on your end. Even if that doesn't sound like something you'd be interested in, he also does pretty regular streams on Twitch and would probably feature your game if you sent him a copy to play.
Well that's kind of literally everything wrong with Steam Greenlight in one package, innit?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

...25K keys. Wow. :shock:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Azure Lazuline

Post by Azure Lazuline »

Yeah, that sounds... barely legal, extremely exploitative, and would probably cause more harm than good to both me and other devs.
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

Azure Lazuline wrote:Yeah, that sounds... barely legal, extremely exploitative, and would probably cause more harm than good to both me and other devs.
I have more respect for you knowing that you understand that. :)
TaiyoPrower

Post by TaiyoPrower »

Azure Lazuline wrote:You can play the game without paying any money for it, you just get an expansion pack if you do.
Oh, I was not aware of that!

Well, since cowrao is going to continue his current run after all, I think I'll hold off on it for a little while; there's a certain sort of magic involved with watching the cow play Copy Kitty. I'm still going to get the game at some point (and probably even pay for it, too!) because I legitimately believe it is awesome - just not at this moment in time.
And so it was that words entered the realm of man. For what purpose, none today know. Their intended use forgotten, people on the internet (and other places besides) began using words as a means of communication. The words, disappointed as they were by the loss of their true purpose, nevertheless embraced their new identity wholly, and without regret. Over time, the words became an indelible facet of human culture.
As a great man once said:

"It's pretty great!"
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

TaiyoPrower wrote:
Azure Lazuline wrote:You can play the game without paying any money for it, you just get an expansion pack if you do.
Oh, I was not aware of that!

Well, since cowrao is going to continue his current run after all, I think I'll hold off on it for a little while; there's a certain sort of magic involved with watching the cow play Copy Kitty. I'm still going to get the game at some point (and probably even pay for it, too!) because I legitimately believe it is awesome - just not at this moment in time.
You could, like, keep up with raocow without going ahead of him. It is a let's play, after all. Just throwing the possibility out there.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Found a minor glitch: World 3 boss on Hard Mode is accessible for Savant after beating it normally. It requires 35 Hard clears for Boki and I haven't even unlocked the Hard Mode Version of the first boss yet, so this is probably a glitch.

Maybe it's been reported, or fixed because I haven't actually checked for updates despite raocow's version indicating several levels have been updated? I should probably do that.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Azure Lazuline wrote:Yeah, that sounds... barely legal, extremely exploitative, and would probably cause more harm than good to both me and other devs.
It's legal, but otherwise you're pretty much dead on. It started out much smaller and just sort of snowballed into this huge thing over time because it worked for the developers who went that route. I totally get why you're not interested, but I figured I'd toss it out there so you'd know it existed as an option.
Azure Lazuline

Post by Azure Lazuline »

Dragon Fogel wrote:Found a minor glitch: World 3 boss on Hard Mode is accessible for Savant after beating it normally. It requires 35 Hard clears for Boki and I haven't even unlocked the Hard Mode Version of the first boss yet, so this is probably a glitch.

Maybe it's been reported, or fixed because I haven't actually checked for updates despite raocow's version indicating several levels have been updated? I should probably do that.
Known glitch, yeah, it's only that one boss. Although that's a fun boss to get the glitch on!

A level being marked as "Updated" doesn't mean that it was changed in realtime since the last release, it just means that for example you beat a level named Battlefield in an earlier version like 1.6, but now that you're on 1.71 then the level has had changes.

Although on the note of realtime updating of levels - I can't do that of course, but I did hook things up so I can send out custom levels to all players when they boot the game up. I don't have too many levels to do it with though, other than just taking random stuff from Cirnya's or KC's level packs. But that's a thing for the future if anyone uploads cool custom levels and I want to share them!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Oh, okay, I think my old version is in a completely different folder so that's why I'm not getting those notices. Thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, would it be possible to set up the Modifiers screen so that you can check the requirement even after you've unlocked something? Artwork and Interviews do that, so it seems weird that Modifiers don't.
Azure Lazuline

Post by Azure Lazuline »

same button :D
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Huh! I thought I tried that, guess I just tried Z.

There's still no in-game indication you can do that, though.
Alice

Post by Alice »

My new controller finally arrived so I could continue playing this. Turns out I left off one level ahead of raocow so I decided to go for medals and beat levels as Savant as well. I ended up doing hard mode as well. I gave up though after trying to beat 1-6 I think it was with Savant on hard mode. Beating both nightmare virs without dying is just absurdly hard since the virs don't soak up damage for Savant like they do for Boki and on top of that it's impossible to tell apart friendly virs shots from enemy shots which is fairly important as Savant.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Zpto wrote:Today we have penguins:
Makyrooni.png
Best enemy of the game, right there.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Alice wrote:My new controller finally arrived so I could continue playing this. Turns out I left off one level ahead of raocow so I decided to go for medals and beat levels as Savant as well. I ended up doing hard mode as well. I gave up though after trying to beat 1-6 I think it was with Savant on hard mode. Beating both nightmare virs without dying is just absurdly hard since the virs don't soak up damage for Savant like they do for Boki and on top of that it's impossible to tell apart friendly virs shots from enemy shots which is fairly important as Savant.
I had a lot of trouble there too. But there's a trick.
Break the ground below the first Virs. If you're in the right spot, all its attacks will miss you and you can just keep going until it dies. You can even use kicks and save your Wave for later.

The second Virs is still a problem. Wake it up and run back to the same spot you fought the first from. You can now fire Bit Beams at it and it won't hit you ever. If you're holding Down the whole time, it'll be onscreen often enough that you can actually hit it.

Slow, but it works.
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

Late posting time, oh man. I have nothing worthwile to say this time... Has raocow stumbled into a Thorn Gertar that happened to be close to a powerup? You can see some funny stuff when that happens
Basically, Whip is like a grappling hook and you can use it to reach high places and get powerups. And since Thorn Gertar attacks so fast, you'll see the powerup all around the place
Thorn Gertar.png
Thorn Gertar.png (829.34 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Alice

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
Alice wrote:My new controller finally arrived so I could continue playing this. Turns out I left off one level ahead of raocow so I decided to go for medals and beat levels as Savant as well. I ended up doing hard mode as well. I gave up though after trying to beat 1-6 I think it was with Savant on hard mode. Beating both nightmare virs without dying is just absurdly hard since the virs don't soak up damage for Savant like they do for Boki and on top of that it's impossible to tell apart friendly virs shots from enemy shots which is fairly important as Savant.
I had a lot of trouble there too. But there's a trick.
Break the ground below the first Virs. If you're in the right spot, all its attacks will miss you and you can just keep going until it dies. You can even use kicks and save your Wave for later.

The second Virs is still a problem. Wake it up and run back to the same spot you fought the first from. You can now fire Bit Beams at it and it won't hit you ever. If you're holding Down the whole time, it'll be onscreen often enough that you can actually hit it.

Slow, but it works.
I didn't realize you could even hit it from above. I'd thought about it but never bothered trying because I thought the floor would be too thick. And oddly I have a lot less trouble with the first virs than I do the rest of the level. The first one might hit me once or twice with shots or if I'm unlucky (usually by hitting the wrong button because Savant's dash is a different button than Boki's dodge) it slashes me once. It's the enemies afterwards that tend to chip away my health. Most specifically getting down the shaft on the far right without being hit. Thanks to that shaft and the way Savant's hacked virs works I usually get down to the point where I can at best only take one hit from the second virs. I'll have to give that death from above thing a try though if that really will work.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Related to the above: goddamn, Savant's "Jump" move is really good defensively, I got the low-damage requirement on the World 3 boss pretty easily thanks to that, so I'm going to add "try hitting the Z button" to my 1-6 Hard advice. Not that I've tried it, but I can't see how it wouldn't be useful.

Basically, if you hit Z and no directions, Savant blinks out of existence for a moment and dodges everything - this is just perfect for avoiding attacks that will pass by you. If you hit Z and a direction, he zips in that direction and is totally invincible while doing so. Both are really useful moves and even a mostly-incompetent player like me can use them to great effect.