(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Starbound2

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Starbound2 »

Hmm, I guess
Endless Mode, Pandemonium
would be a good place to start my search?
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Yes. However, be careful of the bunnies armed with Exgal's powers.
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Yes. However, be careful of the bunnies armed with Exgal's powers.
I just runned into one of those in Pandemoniumm D:
Starbound2

Post by Starbound2 »

I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but after losing to Yolomacho Omega several times, the game bounced me into Normal mode, but winning still counts as a Hard mode victory. It also did this to me for Kumalo Omega...

While I'm on that topic... how do I beat Yolomacho Omega? I know I need his own weapons to even hurt him, and that head shots are critical, but I move too slow to dodge his uppercuts. Well, that's probably due to his slowing lasers. Which I get caught in because I'm too busy trying to destroy the darn missiles to get the capacity to hurt him in the first place.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Starbound2 wrote:I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but after losing to Yolomacho Omega several times, the game bounced me into Normal mode, but winning still counts as a Hard mode victory. It also did this to me for Kumalo Omega...

While I'm on that topic... how do I beat Yolomacho Omega? I know I need his own weapons to even hurt him, and that head shots are critical, but I move too slow to dodge his uppercuts. Well, that's probably due to his slowing lasers. Which I get caught in because I'm too busy trying to destroy the darn missiles to get the capacity to hurt him in the first place.
The Omega version is too fast for you to be able to double jump around his uppercuts. I usually bait him with a normal jump and then dodge roll underneath. If you can do this early, you have some time to destroy the rocket punch. But, yeah it's a bit hard to destroy them with all that is going on. I usually only get bounce and spam that on his head. :roll:

That stuff with the game sending you to normal difficulty never happened to me :/... How many times have you lost for that to happen? If I'm losing to a hard boss several times I usually quit on my 10th or so try to get a breather
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

For me, I just double jumped above it. The moment I started falling after the second jump, the Yolomacho would've finished its uppercut, and you would land on its head for a freebie stomp. I guess you just need to avoid its cold wind.

As for booting to the normal mode, never happened to me. I fought Invert Krijyl, lost about 30+ times or so, and never got booted back to normal mode.

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

GeminiSparkSP wrote: As for booting to the normal mode, never happened to me. I fought Invert Krijyl, lost about 30+ times or so, and never got booted back to normal mode.
Oh man, Invert Krijyl... :evil: That one got quite the upgrade, I'm still trying to beat it with the current strategy of "try not to be so dumb, self"
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Zpto wrote:Oh man, Invert Krijyl... :evil: That one got quite the upgrade, I'm still trying to beat it with the current strategy of "try not to be so dumb, self"
My strategy is to balance the use between Tripwire and Lightning, deflect its projectiles, and whip it once it drops the...well, Whip. It worked the 30th time or so.

I'm so not looking forward to Hypercube Krijyl...*gulp*

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I forgot how much I love this game
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I guess we'll see it tomorrow?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm considering re-igniting the b-side JUST for this game, and make tiny 1-2 minute videos for it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

But even the a-side has new stuff as well. At least you need to play as someone familiar in order to get used to the controls again. Pretty please? Boki's new final boss is really something you need to see for yourself.

Also, please do Savant's training first. He controls very much differently, and it's gonna take some time to get used to him.

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That's not what he means by b-side.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

What is it then?

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

A-side: Game raocow is playing.
B-side: Game raocow is playing concurrently, can be considered secondary.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

That would be nice, I've always enjoyed raocow's Copy Kitty videos, and his old B-sides in general.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I thought that was an art video from the thumbnail
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I forgot how much this game hurts my eyes at times. I don't think any amount of "improving" the graphics will ever change that unfortunately.

Still love the core gameplay though.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Kinda disappointed that he didn't play the Turbo version (or at least fight the new boss). But oh well, I guess I'll have to wait him finish Yoshi first.

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The last time he played was version 1.2. He would have to replay the whole thing now.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

I thought save files are all intact, even when you uninstalled the game?

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The mission mode progress resets at 1.5 because a bunch of levels were changed.
GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Oh well, I guess there won't be another run.

Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

S.N.N. wrote:I forgot how much this game hurts my eyes at times. I don't think any amount of "improving" the graphics will ever change that unfortunately.

Still love the core gameplay though.
keep in mind raocow has it at max settings, and the video compression doesn't help things either - but he can probably turn it down (to "simple" effects and "medium" brightness, the middle settings for each - which is also the default) if enough people want it. On the absolute lowest settings, it looks more like this (forgive the photobucket, and also the grayscale Boki because I was testing something at the time)

about 90% of the levels have changed since raocow did the last run, but a decent chunk of them are still pretty close to the old levels, just changed for balancing reasons, and lots of little tweaks and stuff.

raocow, here's a quick list of all the completely-new worlds for if you do missions:

world 2 (forest, completely new including a new boss)
world 4 (fire+water, also has a new boss)
world 5 (cave, over half the levels are new, but in particular I just want to see 5-5)
world 8 (void, completely new, Turbo only)
world 9 (medieval, mostly new, has a new boss)
world 10 (sky/space, most of the new levels start at 10-9)
world 11 (final world, Turbo only, has a new boss)

that's... a lot more than I thought it would be honestly, probably too many to all record in videos for a side game? At the very least I think the best ones would just be world 2, and then 10 and 11.

thank you to everyone for your support! Although I do feel bad that this is literally the only topic I post in on the forums. I watch at least a few raocow videos per game to see if anything catches my interest, since he's really good at having fun while playing games, which is something a lot of other LPers lack sometimes...

Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
Starbound2

Post by Starbound2 »

Whoo, time for another go at Copy Kitty with good old rao. And I quite agree, Savant is very different to control from Boki. Like, super different.