(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by sharkoftheday »

So, the hard mode Really Big Robots, which took about 30 minutes to beat otherwise, raocow manages to break on the second try. :shock:

...I have no words. Except for this:
Another game-breaking bug in enemy behavior exists on the first boss. It's similar to the error described by Starbound2. In the initial movement pattern where the boss goes to the right, they will float under the right platform. From this point onward the boss' attack pattern is to move around some and then charge towards the player. What this means is, if the player is standing on top of the left platform, the boss will continuously charge towards the player and stop when it hits the top of the right platform; this happens until its health bar reaches about the halfway mark. What's worse, this also puts the boss in a convenient position to shoot every enemy that it spawns, removing the entire challenge of the boss fight and creating an easy way to farm for weapons.
The game is incredibly polished at this point and, contrary to what I've read about the last iteration, memorable. There are just there are some kinks to be worked out.
raocow wrote:the neon butterflies return once more from their blessed sleep;
there are no holes in the future, only death.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I'd definitely try and make a Copy Kitty level if raocow were to play it. :)
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

sharkoftheday wrote:
Another game-breaking bug in enemy behavior exists on the first boss. It's similar to the error described by Starbound2. In the initial movement pattern where the boss goes to the right, they will float under the right platform. From this point onward the boss' attack pattern is to move around some and then charge towards the player. What this means is, if the player is standing on top of the left platform, the boss will continuously charge towards the player and stop when it hits the top of the right platform; this happens until its health bar reaches about the halfway mark. What's worse, this also puts the boss in a convenient position to shoot every enemy that it spawns, removing the entire challenge of the boss fight and creating an easy way to farm for weapons.
The boss's movement pattern is 100% random - not based on your position (except when it charges forward), not based on health, nothing. It doesn't initially "move to the right", it's just luck if it does. Unless I'm missing something, anyway. As with any random movement pattern, sometimes you'll get good ones and sometimes you'll get bad ones, heh. Besides, that boss isn't exactly supposed to be smart... even if it's hard mode, it's still the first boss. If this was a trick to defeat one of the more difficult bosses really easily, I'd be more worried (like I'm probably going to fix the Arikan exploit), but that's such a minor thing that I don't care too much.

the Virs exploit that raocow did will probably be fixed, since the homing shots were supposed to hit you down there. I can just make them a little more homing, no problem. (and that means you get the more-homing shots too anyway, so you can't complain!)

Regarding everyone else: thanks for all the compliments and have fun playing the game! Even if you don't count hard mode, there are tons of things that were not shown in the LP, so try finding everything!
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
GameMasterGuy

Post by GameMasterGuy »

I think that Hard Mode isn't that compelling to watch compared to the main game due to lack of new level terrain. Maybe we can make levels for raocow to play?
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

GameMasterGuy wrote:I think that Hard Mode isn't that compelling to watch compared to the main game due to lack of new level terrain.
But if it had entirely new terrain, that wouldn't even be a Hard Mode anymore, right? That would just be 65 new levels. :|

Also, as I said on Youtube, in my biased opinion I would love to see raocow play all of Hard Mode. Trust me, it does get better as it goes on. Also, the bosses will blow your mind.
Last edited by Raibys 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

But hey, if all you guys could make 65 new levels for him, that would be awesome!
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sharkoftheday »

I could have sworn that the boss ended up going in 3 general positions after spawning (one being up, another being slightly down, and the third which rarely occured being when it veered off to the right). It may have been random, but it seemed to adhere to a pattern after watching it spawn so many times. Then again, I tend to look for patterns even when none exist. So that's also a possibility.

Edit:
I am in fact being an idiot. The movement being random would actually explain why it rarely happened that the first boss moved to the approximate location to become stuck under the right platform, whereas moving anywhere else, the boss can be contextualized as moving above the platform and below the platform nearest to the player and therefore produce similar outcomes based on this initial position with respect to the player. So yes, the movement being random makes sense, I'm just remembering a pattern based on outcomes rather than a specific initial behavior. :mrgreen:
raocow wrote:the neon butterflies return once more from their blessed sleep;
there are no holes in the future, only death.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I do think sporadic updates for hard mode would be a good idea. It would a nice bonus every once in a while.

This game spiked in difficulty in world 6 for me, and while creative, it became confusing to understand. The big problem for some levels was that you can't really play until you get your first weapon and that takes a lot of effort. It looks like Hard Mode is harder still.

We're used to taking breaks for hard games. It would be for the best. Otherwise, this will likely happen:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Well no wonder you had such a hard time. All you did was ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! the boss, while not dodging, or at least taking care of the smaller enemies and removing all the clutter in the room.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

Aw man, if only he gave the (Hard) Maszylg a try before taking a break, heh. In any case, I look forward to next time, and thank you so much for playing our game! ^_^
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
GameMasterGuy

Post by GameMasterGuy »

You know what would be cool? If you could use that super sword thing in any level. It's probably a bizarre 3-ability-combo or 100% reward or something, but if not I could see it being an "easy mode".
Starbound2

Post by Starbound2 »

Hey, Azure, um, sorry, but, uh... I found a way to cheese Hard Mode Arikan.

It was the left platform again. Hugging the wall on top of the platform while Arikan is beneath you, and he'll keep running and jumping left and refuse to attack since, I guess, the main part of the attacks are out of range. But the various area of effect parts of the attack would still hit you if he tried it... and likewise, they'll hit him if you use it.So if you get him stuck like that, you can just sit in the corner of the platform and fire off Shadow Break's homing, Rising Bolt's sky lasers, or Hyper Beam's tornado lasers and damage him constantly with impunity.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Aw man, I'm probably way too late for this, but I just loved rao's Copy Kitty LP. It's good to see him go crazy like this again every once in a while, especially the first few episodes were hilarious. As for the game itself, I found it a bit dull at first, but it gets really flashy and exciting in the later levels and some of the bosses are just perfectly well over-the-top.
Personally, I think playing the hard mode is kind of redundant, but I'd really like to see raocow play some user-generated levels every now and then, as he does with Voxatron sometimes.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Hi! Sorry if I'm bumping what seems to be a somewhat dead topic, but I've been making a bunch of levels for this game. And according to Azure, some of them have actually been kinda good!

It'd be pretty great if some of us could get together and make a collab set of levels, like 20 - 40ish?

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hri66qub2yd2 My levels are here. If anyone actually wants to play them, I suggest Meteorite Madness, Lightning Lake, Metal Beach, and Crowded Corridor.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Cirnya wrote:Hi! Sorry if I'm bumping what seems to be a somewhat dead topic, but I've been making a bunch of levels for this game. And according to Azure, some of them have actually been kinda good!

It'd be pretty great if some of us could get together and make a collab set of levels, like 20 - 40ish?

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hri66qub2yd2 My levels are here. If anyone actually wants to play them, I suggest Meteorite Madness, Lightning Lake, Metal Beach, and Crowded Corridor.
The appropreate thing to do when suggesting something like this is to start a new thread in collaboration extravaganza. This being a LP thread, it's not a good place to start a project. A mod will probably just move the posts to make a new thread so don't worry. We just have to wait for that to happen, and might as well continue a the discussion here.

As for the actually collab, you might not get much attention until A2MT is done. That dosen't mean you can't get the ball rolling.
Last edited by Septentrion Pleiades 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:stuff
It seemed more like the collab forum was more for purely SMW stuff but okay
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Copy Kiity Collab

I'm a bit curious if you have plans for how you want to organize the levels. Difficulty curve and boos rhythm is quite important.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Re: Copy Kiity Collab

Post by Plutia »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I'm a bit curious if you have plans for how you want to organize the levels. Difficulty curve and boos rhythm is quite important.
The main game's difficulty curve is all over the place, especially with the hard mode bosses, so I'd rather have like a sequential sort of story thing to be told through the levels, like Boki is traveling or something!

Also as far as I know you can't use bosses in custom levels.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Cirnya wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I'm a bit curious if you have plans for how you want to organize the levels. Difficulty curve and boos rhythm is quite important.
The main game's difficulty curve is all over the place, especially with the hard mode bosses, so I'd rather have like a sequential sort of story thing to be told through the levels, like Boki is traveling or something!
A short story would be nice. I was rather found the original to be lacking. Do you actually have dialogue editing powers? I'm not at all familiar with the editor. It would also give the collab a bit of structure I think.

Cirnya wrote: Also as far as I know you can't use bosses in custom levels.
there go my plan of throwing a bunch of them in the same room.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Re: Copy Kitty Collab

Post by Plutia »

I don't think dialogue is possible, I meant more like a continuing path, like how you travel through SMW's overworld, or screens in a megaman game.

Edit: I may run this by Azure/Raibys whenever both of them are online. If having a collab gets enough interest, they have an IRC channel we can use to help brainstorm and stuff I guess?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Cirnya wrote:I don't think dialogue is possible, I meant more like a continuing path, like how you travel through SMW's overworld, or screens in a megaman game.
You could talk these things over with azure/raibys if you think any changes to the game will help with your project.

I will probably have most of my attention focused on A2MT. Maybe someone else could actively work with you for now. the talkhaus is full of crazy people like that.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Yeah it'd probably be a good idea to see how much interest there is in doing this before doing anything serious, or maybe wait until A2MT is completed.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Sorry for the double post and bump, but there's a new update coming out later today, with a new boss.
Mr Caorow will you play the new levels???
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

It would be something to consider after mariari2 as a cleanser, if anything... I'll keep it on my mind.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Actually there were only 4 levels and a new boss added in the update.

However, there is the gigantic pack of custom levels I have that is just growing every day, it's up to 60 now.