(shouting)

Mega Man: Lime in the Daylight 2 - Sequelising it up, yo!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man: Day in the Limelight 2 - Sequelising it up, yo

Post by raocow »

Cannonising this thread if only because it has links and stuff in the op.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Sorry I don't pay closed enough attention to every post ever made

And I'm sorry you missed the cleverness of my title. Hopefully whoever merges it will notice and incorporate it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Roll and rush didn't seem to be effected by the virus. I wonder if they will play a part.

Man, there could have been a joke about Dr. Light being the Artist.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

alex2 wrote:I didn't even notice it hahaha. My bad!
Don't sweat it, the brain always rewrite our perceptions to make itself comfortable.

Now at some point I want to talk about the actually game. It was, quite easy considering raocow quick was able to perfect a boss. Combine this with the 99 lives he has in his Mario game, and you have low stress raocow. He'll lose his edge, and won't be as fit in the wild. We're seeing the beginnings of a ecological disaster.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

That's interesting... The bullets and Dropots home in on you on Hard mode...

Hey raocow just a heads up... there's a hidden item in each non-Wily stage that unlocks something once you've collected them all.
Riverroad

Post by Riverroad »

I was not expecting to see this so soon. It looks like I will have to hurry up with Version 1.2. I would recommend avoiding Top Man until then. He is a little too hard right now.

This game is quite a bit easier than the first Day in the Limelight. Almost everyone who played the first one said it was too hard, even on Normal, so this game was made easier. The differences between Hard mode and Normal/Easy mode here are that everything does more damage and the behavior of most enemies changes slightly. The layouts of the levels remain exactly the same on all difficulties. No more 1-pixel jumps with wood blocks just because you picked Hard mode. :oops:

Snakeman's stage was the first one created and Airman was likewise the first playable character created. Originally, Airman's Air Shooter worked just like the weapon Mega Man got in Megaman 2 plus the wind effect. He just shot the three tornados and could not shoot again until all three went offscreen. As a result, Snakeman had the hardest stage in the game back then according to most people who tried it, and Airman was the worst character. Nobody really seemed to like it. Then Airman's attack was changed to how it looked in the video. Snakeman's stage was also shortened and made a bit easier (For instance, the room where you have to push the block down from the ledge originally had two Hammer Joes; one on the top and one on the bottom.)

Now Snakeman's stage is among the easiest in the game. It's funny how things work out sometimes.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Wait, didn't the plot of the original Megaman 3 involve Docdah Wowee pretending to reform so Dr. Light would help him build (and presumably pay for the costs of) a giant Robot, and at the same time creating a conflict on the mining worlds to serve as a distraction while he slipped of with said giant robot? It seems like it wouldn't have been hard to justify the player playing with the Wilybots in this context, without the drastic recasting of the scenario. Then again, I suppose you'd also have to explain why they ultimately turn against him in the end...

In any case, judging from what we've seen so far, this game is looking a lot more polished than the first installment. The level itself also felt a lot more like Snake Man's, while at the same time being given quite the gameplayical twist thanks to Air Man's manning up the air. Looks to be a promising start.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

TIL the MegaMan series exists because of Dr. Light's low sperm count.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

That also explains Snakeman's projectiles.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Oh geez, this is already up? Time to spend some of my day playing through the game before watching your series on it!
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sharkoftheday »

From what I've played so far, the bosses will get harder, but the stages themselves...
It's weird, I somehow have even less patience for bosses than raocow, so the stage itself will be fun but then continually dying at the boss with only sporadic gains is unrewarding. But then going back to "finish" the stage on normal, the entire stage + boss-fight becomes a joke in how easy it is (and much less fun). -End Opinion-

Will have to try Snake Man's level though. Also, I love the "hello world" reference. :>

EDIT: Just finished Snake Man. The boss is in fact immensely easier than the others that I've faced so far (Hard Man & Spark Man for reference).
raocow wrote:the neon butterflies return once more from their blessed sleep;
there are no holes in the future, only death.
Roo

Post by Roo »

I actually played this game! I'm of help after all!

I found this game to be much easier than the first one personally. And there is a total of 12 secret objects throughout the game. 8 for the normal levels, and 4 for the repeat levels.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I wonder if it is possible to move the green blocks and crush SnakeMan?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote:I wonder if it is possible to move the green blocks and crush SnakeMan?
I don't think so. They're more or less meant to be your platforms for dodging Search Snake from what I was just testing. He wound up being the easiest boss of the four I've faced so far because of proper pipe block positioning. What a fun game this is. Anyway, now that I beat the level you played, I'm queuing your first video up right now.

Edit: You did Snake Man's stage better than I did. I botched the E-Tank pickup, and you beat the boss faster than I did, too.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

It was actually a quite succesful run of that level in general. raocow went through the majority without dieing, in part thanks to those well times health drops. He did so well in fact, we don't even know if checkpoints are still generous.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Considering how my run's gone so far, I can say the game's as generous with checkpoints as the first one was.
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"

Re: Mega Man: Lime in the Daylight 2 - Sequelising it up, yo

Post by sharkoftheday »

Actually I was surprised how little trouble the snake heads gave raocow in general, though that may have been my inexperience with the normal enemy.
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"

Post by sharkoftheday »

Riverroad, since you're going to be doing an update, there are a couple things that seem like they should be fixed.

First, the game does not save the max number of lives between sessions if they are set to infinite. On each startup, this setting reverts to 5. EDIT: I don't know why, but after testing this with 10 and then testing again with infinite it saved the max life count as infinite. I'm now slightly perplexed.

Second, something that's slightly more annoying, directional input is not preserved between screen transitions. I don't remember if this was part of the original game and it may therefore be more 'authentic', but it just feels jarring to be climbing a ladder or moving forward and then suddenly be at a dead stop once scrolling occurs. Though, if this intentional, then I'll get over it.
Also, since you mentioned that Top Man was too hard at the moment, I found the boss is utterly annihilated using Clash Man, to the point of being easier than Snake Man. Though I can see how it would be hard with Flash Man.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Yeah, hard mode Top Man is a bit much for most of the 2Crew to handle. Also the button presses not being carried over between rooms is a Gamemaker quirk. As far as I know, nothing can be done about it.

The new version is out now, btw
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

raocow often breaks bosses on accident, but that was just ridiculous.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

In response to the first video; does anyone know if crushing SnakeMan with the blocks does anything?
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

These games are too easy. Instead of an angry and incoherent man spitting savant like it was poison, we get this stream of uninterrupted random gibberish, which can't be fun to anyone.
dont wanna jihad no more
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Huh. I went about that boss fight all wrong. Welp, I know what I'm doing once I load this game up again!

Edit: And yep. I figured that was where the secret item was at.
CrystalJadeNext

Post by CrystalJadeNext »

Someone has kidnapped the tags. Help.
Riverroad

Post by Riverroad »

Well...that boss fight was embarrassing. I guess Gemini Man will have to change for the inevitable next version.

Bubbleman originally could not trap enemy projectiles in bubbles and he walked even slower on land. Just like with Airman, he was pumped up to the point where he is a bit overpowering now. When I tried this boss fight, Gemini Man would walk to the left side of his little platform and stay there if you tried going toe to toe with him, so I just assumed it would always work like that. Oops.
Second, something that's slightly more annoying, directional input is not preserved between screen transitions. I don't remember if this was part of the original game and it may therefore be more 'authentic', but it just feels jarring to be climbing a ladder or moving forward and then suddenly be at a dead stop once scrolling occurs. Though, if this intentional, then I'll get over it.
As Aura said, that is a problem with the program used to make MM: DL2. I have not found a way to get around it.