(shouting)

Super Stipulation World! Talkhaus participation LP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
GVirusG

Super Stipulation World! Talkhaus participation LP

Post by GVirusG »

I just had the brilliant idea to make a Let's Play of Super Mario World with added stipulations and conditions.
I'm obviously copying oyster's and raocow's idea, but whatever, let's just have some fun playing SMW in the most weird, wicked, insane or cruel fashion you guys can think of.

Let me explain how this is going to work!

Further down this post, there'll be a list of sections/levels/worlds that I'm going to play for each part.
Every section/level/world in this list is going to have a condition/stipulation which you can request/demand.
Of course, if you have a super special awesome idea for a specific level, I'll include that either as a seperate video or within one of the other parts.

For Example:
Yoshi's Island 1-4 = "Talkhauser 1" "Finish all levels without killing an enemy"
Iggy's Castle = "Talkhauser 2" "Finish level with left and right buttons reversed"

And so on.
Be creative. I'll accept every idea, that is possible to perform.
Things like "hack the game and replace every powerup with poisonus mushrooms" are kinda impossible for me to do, so please don't request things like that (except you actually program that stuff and send it to me XD).

I'll be going for a video length between 3 and 10 minutes.

I hope there will be a lot of people participating and I'll start recording and uploading when there are enough stipulations and conditions for this project to be worth anything :P

Here's the list of current stipulations:

Yoshi's Island 1 - 4 = Bean "Emulator speed is doubled"

Yellow Switch Palace = Anomaly "At the beginning of the level, state how many coins you have (top-right). Collect at least 150 coins. You have to complete the palace with the same amount of time left as the number of coins you collected in the level (be sure to keep track)"

Iggy's Castle = morsel/morceau "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer"

Donut Plains 1 = raekuul "Play by ascetic rules (no killing enemies, no collecting coins, no earning points)"

Donut Plains 2 = raekuul "Yoshis and feathers are not allowed. Any [!] blocks have to be ignored"

Donut Secret 1 = Bean and Argumentable "Turn every fish in the main area into a coin with the fire flower but don't collect any of them"

Donut Ghost House = Paperkoopa "Use some scanlines, yo"

Secret House = Pholtos "For the boo fight you must always have at least three blocks in the grabbed state for the duration of the boo fight, and a fourth must be used to attack the big boo."

Donut Secret 2 = Wyatt "Get 10 extra lives"

Donut Plains 3 and 4 = AUS "Kill every killable/vincible Sprite in the entire level. Sprites that fall off the screen are forced to be respawned and have to be killed properly"

Morton's Castle (first half) = Jolpengammler "Change the input into following: D Pad are buttons and buttons are dpad (Left is Y, Up is X, Right is A, Down is B and the other way around)"

Morton's Castle (second half) = Wyatt "Fast layer 2 scroll" *comes with an ips patch*

Vanilla Dome 1 = CM30 "Defeat all enemies, except Blarggs."

Vanilla Dome 2 = Wyatt "Bring the first buzzy beetle you see to the end of the level. For the secret exit, it's ok to just have him onscreen"

Vanilla Ghost House = raocow "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer"

Vanilla Dome 3 = raocow "Turn off layer 1"

Vanilla Dome 4 = Alex "Beat the level while turboing B"

Vanilla Secret 1 = morsel/morceau "Use shell jumps to ascend instead of spawning the vines"

Vanilla Secret 2 = ano0maly "The aim is to kick each koopa out of its shell, and then defeat it permanently. To do this, you need to destroy its shell. The koopa reappears if you go offscreen, until its shell is destroyed (it still reappears if you eliminate a koopa outside the shell).
No directly destroying a koopa wearing a shell. I'll allow using empty shells as tools as long as you don't take out a koopa wearing a shell. Similarly, no using Yoshi tongue on a koopa wearing a shell.
Also, I'm only going to apply the challenge for the koopa flocks up to the midpoint, so the second half of the level is open for taking. Just make it to the midpoint before time runs out."

Vanilla Secret 3 = GVirusG "Collect all coins, start the level with a fire flower and don't get hit"

Lemmy's Castle = Oracle of Wuffing "Every time a Magikoopa appears, you must prepare a counterspell by spelling "Prestidigitation" out loud. Every time you spell prestidigitation, you need to take the first letter of the word and move it to the end. Eg: the first time it happens, you spell prestidigitation. The second time it happens you spell restidigitationp. The third time it happens you spell estidigitationpr.When you hit the sublevel, continue doing this, except spell it every time Layer 2 starts to rise. (Bonus points if you want to do it every time Layer 2 changes direction.)"

Vanilla Fortress = AUS "Remain small mario throughout the entire level, reverse left and right controls"

Cheese Bridge Area = peteyboo "Get the Secret Exit without using Yoshi"

Soda Lake = Argumentable "Beat level without swimming" *comes with an ips patch*

Cookie Mountain = Argumentable "Shove a cookie into your face for each enemy you kill"

Butter Bridge 1 = ano0maly "Collect all 5 dragon coins with this requirement: whenever there's a pair of pushable mushroom platforms and you step on one, you cannot land on the other corresponding one of the pair. No bringing capes or Yoshi"

Butter Bridge 2 = ano0maly "Kill all flying koopas you see that have either yellow or flashing cape. Do not kill any koopas that have red cape or start out on ground with no cape"

Ludwig's Castle = Pholtos "Complete the second room by running constantly, no slowing down.
For the third room you are only allowed to vertically transfer between nets by bouncing off of a koopa. Getting off the net horizontally is allowed.
For ludwig defeat him in two cycles via the all powerful jump attack. (In other words hit him when he's jumping through the air.)"

Forest of Illusion 1 = Argumentable "Bring 2 goombas from the start of the level all the way to the end"

Forest of Illusion 2 = Jolpengammler "Hold Up all the time"

Forest of Illusion 3 = morsel/morceau "take the bob-omb from the start of the level to the goal tape"

Forest Ghost House = Septentrion "Normal exit Duck jump the entire level. Secret exit Duck jump the entire level without pushing the run button except when you grab the P-switch."

Forest of Illusion 4 = Argumentable "Put in this code: EE2D-AF6F"

note=Once I know what it does there's obv no flying or cloud using allowed

Forest Secret Area = peteyboo "No flying, no touching the winged platforms"

Forest Fortress = raocow "For the first half, disable layer 3.For the second half, disable layer 1.For the boss, disable sprites"

Roy's Castle = ultratowel112 "Beat Roy's Castle with the music turned off while singing the "Not Roy's Castle" song. Also, you may not use the snake and you must get all the dragon coins"
Note: click here to listen to the song "Not Roy's Castle"

Chocolate Island 1 = Argumentable "Use a cape to bring the mushroom that jumps out of the bush all the way to the final slanted pipe (bonus: Bring the mushroom to the goal)"

Chocolate Ghost House = CM30 "Beat the first part of the level with the Fishin' Boo completely invisible (so in other words, with blank graphics). The other sprites, ledges and Mario are visible as normal."

Chocolate Island 2 = BKamakaze "using a keyboard (instead of a controller) set your d-pad up in WASD format, but instead of using WASD, use the letters that come after them alphabetically, so X(up), B(left), T(down) and E(right). Jump and run can be set to whatever you like."

Chocolate Island 3 = Wyatt "Don't stand on the rotating platforms. On top of that, no cape allowed when doing the normal exit"

Chocolate Secret = Septentrion "Carry the springboard from the beginning to end and spin-jump on every Buzy Beetle in the level from the springboard. You can't jump on enemies at all from the ground.
note - one save state is acceptable for actually grabbing the spring broad"

Chocolate Fortress = Maiku Wotaharu "No powerups, no checkpoint, no spin jumps"

Chocolate Island 4 = MonkeyShrapnel "Never press left, complete the level by only pressing right"

Chocolate Island 5 = ravegg "Press the blue P-switch at least once in every section of the level (Once in the main area, once in the side fish bubble room, once in the bonus room). You aren't allowed to grab the midpoint, and you aren't allowed to fly. No duplicating a P-switch or turning a grey P-switch into a blue one or any other glitches."

Wendy's Castle (First Half) = morsel/morceau "have the dry bones at the start of the level throw a bone which will hit you at the midpoint"

Sunken Ghost Ship = Chrom1um "Go in powered up as Fire Mario. You may not take a hit for the duration of the level"

Valley of Bowser 1 = CM30 "Play by anti ascetic rules. Aka collect every coin, hit every block, get every power up, kill every enemy possible to kill, etc. Everything except the time by the goal gate."

Valley of Bowser 2 = Jesuiscontent "Turn of Layer 2. Y and X buttons can not be used. Turning left is forbidden. These stipulations don't count for Sublevel 3"

Valley Ghost House = Grounder "Clear while putting this Real time corrupter at, oh let's say 1.25x level of corruption. Savestating before entering is allowed, may clear normally off-screen due to nature of stipulation."

Valley of Bowser 3 = Pholtos "you must use the first numbered platform you see at the start. Once you touch the numbered platform you cannot touch solid ground or pipes until you hit the midpoint (The springboard is fine). You cannot touch any coins or hit/be hit by any enemies throughout the whole stage. (Watch out for mr. Banzai Bill)"

Valley of Bowser 4 = Pholtos "Small pacifist run, no power ups, no hitting enemies, no midpoint. Spin jumping on rocks is ok."

Larry's Castle = Septentrion "Only push one directional button at a time in a counter-clockwise manner. Each button must have visible effect [Walks right, looks up(or enter door), turns left, duck(or slide), walks right,, Ect.] . Stop a button press even slightly and you must move on to the next one."

Valley Fortress = CM30 "Beat the level without standing still for more than half a second (there was some ASM patch that would kill Mario if he stood still, like a plumber version of the bus in Speed)"

Star World 1 = Oracle of Wuffing "Get all 3 Starmen to the bottom of the level. Touching them is not allowed"

Star World 2 = Oracle of Wuffing "Bring all of the Rip Van Fish to the pipe leading to the end of the level"

Star World 3 = Jesuiscontent "Pick up every Purple Block"

Star World 4 = Jolpengammler "Get the secret exit without the help of the switch blocks, BUT you have to hit the box, in which the key is, with a red shell. No cape usage allowed"

Star World 5 = Septentrion "Turn all the enemies into hopping flames using firepower.
download/file.php?id=5896
This hack affects the entire game so only use it for the one level"

Gnarly = pholtos "You only have 15 pushes of the jump/spinjump button, use them well."

Tubular : Argumentable "Beat level without the balloon"

Way Cool - LevelSlayer "Hit 10 out of the 11 switches at least once."

Awesome = morsel/morceau "Don't use left. To avoid accidentally pressing left, map the left button to a different button"

Groovy = Argumentable "CBEF-6F6F (must be small) Beat the level without pressing jump"

Mondo = Argumentable "D732-6DAD"

Outrageous = Bean "Put out every one of the hopping flames (cape or Yoshi) but don't harm any Wigglers (no jumping on them, no using Yoshi to get rid of them)"

Funky = Yikes "Beat the level with at least 126 Time left"

Bowser's Castle
1 = CM30 "Don't spin jump"
2 = CM30 "In this net based room, disable the sprite layer"
3 = Xirix "Play with your screen turned upside-down"
4 = 8flight "Play this room with your arms and fingers crossed"
5 = CM30 "Once you reach the end of the room, go back the other way. Then exit."
6 = CM30 "Play with inverted controls (left is right, right is left, up is down and down is up)"
7 = CM30 "Beat it while hex address 18CE5 is set to B4. This makes the statues spawn Grinders instead of fireballs."
8 = CM30 "Beat it while Mario is invisible. Not sprites. Just Mario/Luigi."
Final= CM30 "Disable all layers except the sprite layer"

Bowser Fight = ultratowel112 "Beat Bowser while blindfolded and have someone (insert person here) direct you. Game Audio has to be muted"
Last edited by GVirusG 8 years ago, edited 39 times in total.
Too lazy to be creative here
Bean
Yep.

Re: Super Stipulation World! Talkhaus participation LP

Post by Bean »

Okay. Let's start it off with a bang.

Yoshi's Island 1-4 = Play at double emulator speed
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Obv you have to do tubular without getting the balloon
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

I'm taking this seriously Argumentable, even if you just were sarcastic XD
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

What was sarcastic about my post
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

You were dead serious, weren't you? I just hoped, you were being sarcastic T_T
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

GVirusG wrote:You were dead serious, weren't you? I just hoped, you were being sarcastic T_T
It's doable without cheating, but I'm not telling you how.
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

Some easy ones:
Donut Plains 1 and Chocolate Island 3: Cause the glitchy colors
Cheese Bridge Area: Secret Exit without Yoshi
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Iggy's Castle: disable the sprite layer in your emulator.
dont wanna jihad no more
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

morsel/morceau wrote:Iggy's Castle: disable the sprite layer in your emulator.
Didn't know EXACTLY what this would do so I fired up my emulator to see what it did...
And man.

I don't envy you Virus if you take this suggestion, especially if it gets suggested for any other place, haha.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I'm not too familiar with SMW original levels, so pick this on any level you deem fit:

End the level with every vincible sprite destroyed.
Not just with enemies that fall off the level, respawn them and kill them. Any sprite that can be destroyed, destroy it.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Donut Plains 1 and 2 After beginning, do not face right
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

Mine Cart Carnage at 2x-Speed and without layer 1.

Just kidding, any level you like with the NTSC-Filter (Video-Settings from ZSNES). Then setup NTSC sharpness under the NTSC tab to minimum. Under Adv NTSC set resolution to -100% and Artifacts to 100%.
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

@Alex: I like the stipulation, but Yoshi's Island 2 already has the speed times 2 stipulation. It'd be pretty rad, if you chose a different level for your stipulation ;)

@AUS: I put your stipulation on Donut Plains 3 and 4

@Paperkoopa: And I put your stipulation on the Donut Ghost houses

There are already some awesome stipulations and conditions.
I'm really excited about the things you guys will come up in the next few days :)
I'll do some recordings tomorrow and on Sunday and I'll try to get this Let's Play started as soon as possible :D
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Bowser Fight - you must get hit three times during the battle.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Looking forward to this, it seems like a ton of fun! A couple stipulations:

Vanilla Dome 1+2: Bring the first buzzy beetle you see to the end of the level. (for secret exits just have him on-screen when you put the key in the lock)

Chocolate Island 3: Don't stand on the rotating platforms. On top of that, no cape allowed when doing the normal exit.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Depending on what stipulation gets added to Bowser Castle, it may not be trivial...
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Getting hit three times during the Bowser fight really isn't difficult to do.
I'm actually going to wait this one out, maybe someone has an idea that could spice things up ;)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Donut Secret 1 - Turn every fish in the main area into a coin with the fire flower but don't collect any of them. I think that's doable.
Last edited by Bean 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Yikes

Post by Yikes »

Beat Funky with at least 126 Time left.
Gesundheit!
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Bean wrote:Donut Secret 1 - Turn every fish in the main area into a coin with the fire flower. I think that's doable.
But don't collect any of them
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Argumentable wrote:But don't collect any of them
Edited to reflect that good idea.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Play a level blindfolded and have someone else on Skype direct you how to play the level

Star World 1 - Herd all three starmen to the bottom of the level.

Star World 2 - Bring all (or as many as possible, I don't know how sprite limitations are going to work) of the Rips Vans Fish to the pipe leading to the end of the level.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:Play a level blindfolded and have someone else on Skype direct you how to play the level
I was just going to suggest a boss fight for this stipulation, but I'm not sure which one would be the best. How about beat Bowser while blindfolded and have someone (raocow?) direct you and have no game audio?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

ultratowel112 wrote: How about beat Bowser while blindfolded and have someone (raocow?) direct you and have no game audio?
Neeeeever going to happen. (I think)(raocow would do it just to screw with me)
But I'd do it, I volunteer, me me me.

And if there's any lag for the video feed (There will be) That doubles the fun!