(shouting)

Super Stipulation World! Talkhaus participation LP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
GVirusG

Re: Super Stipulation World! Talkhaus participation LP

Post by GVirusG »

I replaced the old list with the new list (thanks for the reminder ano0maly)

I noticed Vanilla Secret 3 doesn't have a stip, so I'm gonna add one for it

Vanilla Secret 3: Collect all coins, start with a fire flower and don't get hit

Just did a bunch of recordings, gonna edit them later and upload a vid every few days :D

And big Thank You to everyone who updated the stipulation list and who remembered this project ^^
It's a great honor to see so many people putting care into this and it's a great motivation for me to finally complete this :)
Too lazy to be creative here
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

This is where I left off 2 years ago. Season 2 is on, I guess XD

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

[deleted]
Last edited by MonkeyShrapnel 8 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

PRESTIDIGITATION

CM30

Post by CM30 »

Still taking stipulations? I've got three easy ones:

Bowser's Castle room 2: In this net based room, disable the sprite layer (but no others). Can you get to the end while Mario, the Koopas and Podoboos are completely invisible?

Bowser's Castle room 6: Play with inverted controls (left is right, right is left, up is down and down is up). It's the underwater room.

Bowser's Castle final room: Disable all layers except the sprite layer. Can you win when only Mario and the enemies are visible?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

CM30 wrote:
Bowser's Castle room 2: In this net based room, disable the sprite layer (but no others). Can you get to the end while Mario, the Koopas and Podoboos are completely invisible?

Bowser's Castle final room: Disable all layers except the sprite layer. Can you win when only Mario and the enemies are visible?
When Bwarch was doing this, he got fed up with "turn X off" challenges and said that he's going to ignore any more of those. So I don't think they're a good idea.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

All depending on if Virus has more tolerance than I do for that kind of "Throw head at wall" difficulty. If the person actually played levels with the condition and thought about how fun/challenging it would be, maybe it'll work. But it seemed to me that it was an uncreative fallback when peeps couldn't think of a stip for a level.

There was this one moment in one of the levels like that where buzzy beetles would fall into unseen pits, and that was kinda cool. You could actually judge where to go with having seen that. But mostly I don't think there will be many genius moments like that in layer stipulations.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I tend to really think about it when I propose a 'no x' challenge

like that ghost house was specficially chosen because all enemies in that level float around and give absolutely zero tell about anything other than visual.
pastcow was a grade a jerk!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

yo, I recorded stuff up till Butter Bridge 1. The Stip on that level and BB2 says "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer". I tried it, but it's impossible for BB1, cause it's an autoscroller and I didn't get past the first jump. It's really frustrating and unfair on that levels, because you can't tell at all where you are and where you're going.

I don't have anything against the "Turn off Layer x" challenges and I can try it for the bowser rooms, as they are rather short, but I won't accept any more "Turn off Layer x" stips for the levels, that are still to be stipulated. I just checked the list, there are enough of those, most of them have been done, I won't do Butter Bridge with disabled Sprite Layer and I'm going to at least try the others, that have the TOL stips.

TL;DR I accept the Bowser Room challenges, I won't do Butter Bridge 1 and 2, please suggest something original for those. Thank You :)

Not even an Edit: Awesome = "Map left and right on the D-pad to the same button" Is that even possible? This stip looks like it would make me just stand still. Does anyone have a good one for this level?

And there are quite a few stips, that require patches and coding, so what are we going to do about that?
Just a few things I noticed while looking through the stip list :P
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I have a couple of those, I'll get the ones I have to you.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

GVirusG wrote:Edit: Awesome = "Map left and right on the D-pad to the same button"
Yes, this is me being stupid. What I meant is don't press left, or map left to some random button so you're not tempted to use it (this must be what I meant though the years have blurred my memory). Also, congratulations on doing each of the shell jumps at least once in Vanilla Secret -- a stipulation would have no legal connotation without a loophole.
dont wanna jihad no more
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Just for public note, I've given Virus the patches for Star World 5 and Soda Lake.

Looking through the list there's the Valley Fortress patch that would need to be found/created.
Valley Fortress = CM30 "Beat the level without standing still for more than half a second (there was some ASM patch that would kill Mario if he stood still, like a plumber version of the bus in Speed)"
CM30

Post by CM30 »

ano0maly wrote:
CM30 wrote:

When Bwarch was doing this, he got fed up with "turn X off" challenges and said that he's going to ignore any more of those. So I don't think they're a good idea.
In the second one, they aren't exactly a lot of pits you'd fall into if you disabled the foreground layers, the enemies provide most of the 'difficulty' where it even exists.

But I guess I can consider something else if it's seen as unfair.

Edit: Also:
Bwarch wrote:Just for public note, I've given Virus the patches for Star World 5 and Soda Lake.

Looking through the list there's the Valley Fortress patch that would need to be found/created.
Valley Fortress = CM30 "Beat the level without standing still for more than half a second (there was some ASM patch that would kill Mario if he stood still, like a plumber version of the bus in Speed)"

Code: Select all

LDA $7B      ; Mario's x-speed
BEQ Flag     ; If zero, check flag
LDA #$01     ; If moving..
STA $60      ; ..set flag
RTS

Flag:
LDA $60      ; Flag
BEQ Return   ; If not set, return
LDA $13E0    ;\
CMP #$0F     ; |\ Fixes a bug with pipes
BEQ Return   ; |/
CMP #$3E     ; |\ Fixes a bug with the death sequence
BEQ Return   ;/ /
JSR $00F606  ; Kill Mario

Return:
RTS
It's by alex2, and was originally posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10409&start=100

Add to level ASM as necessary.
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

morsel/morceau wrote:
GVirusG wrote:Edit: Awesome = "Map left and right on the D-pad to the same button"
Yes, this is me being stupid. What I meant is don't press left, or map left to some random button so you're not tempted to use it (this must be what I meant though the years have blurred my memory). Also, congratulations on doing each of the shell jumps at least once in Vanilla Secret -- a stipulation would have no legal connotation without a loophole.
Changed it to "Don't use left. To avoid accidentally pressing left, map the left button to a different button" ;)

Bwarch wrote:Just for public note, I've given Virus the patches for Star World 5 and Soda Lake.
Yes, I got them, thank you again :D

CM30 wrote:But I guess I can consider something else if it's seen as unfair.
You don't have to. The stips on the Bowser Rooms are fine as they are.

And thanks for looking up the code :D
But I have never inserted asm code like that T_T
I'm not sure if I can get it to work XP
CM30

Post by CM30 »

GVirusG wrote:
morsel/morceau wrote:
Changed it to "Don't use left. To avoid accidentally pressing left, map the left button to a different button" ;)

Yes, I got them, thank you again :D

CM30 wrote:But I guess I can consider something else if it's seen as unfair.
You don't have to. The stips on the Bowser Rooms are fine as they are.

And thanks for looking up the code :D
But I have never inserted asm code like that T_T
I'm not sure if I can get it to work XP
When you get that far, I (or anyone else who's used level/uber ASM) can give you an IPS patch which adds the 'don't stop moving' code to Valley Fortress. Don't worry about it.
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

CM30 wrote:When you get that far, I (or anyone else who's used level/uber ASM) can give you an IPS patch which adds the 'don't stop moving' code to Valley Fortress. Don't worry about it.
I promise, I will get that far. The Vanilla levels are all recorded and will be uploaded in the next few days ;)
Thanks for all the support ^^

GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Can you feel the updates? Does them brighten up your day?

GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Horikawa Otane wrote:This is a super amazing LP.
Glad you like it :D

WHOOPS What is this? :O

It's the next episode, yay :D
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Try Butter Bridge 1 with a cape, and try using the coins as a guide.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If you still need ones for Butter Bridge 1 and 2:

Butter Bridge 1 - Collect all 5 dragon coins with this requirement: whenever there's a pair of pushable mushroom platforms and you step on one, you cannot land on the other corresponding one of the pair. No bringing capes or Yoshi.

Butter Bridge 2 - Kill all flying koopas you see that have either yellow or flashing cape. Do not kill any koopas that have red cape or start out on ground with no cape.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

Try this new stipulation for Bowser's Castle (one of the rooms):

Bowser's Castle Room 7: Beat it while hex address 18CE5 is set to B4. This makes the statues spawn Grinders instead of fireballs.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Chocolate Island 4 = Never press left, complete the level by only pressing right.

This is kinda difficult but the level is short and you can slightly move around thanks to the slopes and platforms.

You could map the left button to make sure you don't press it by accident if that helps.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Added all of these stips to the list, thanks for the good ideas :D

Gonna try ano0malys stips for Butter Bridge next, they seem to be really challenging (in a fair kind of way XP)
MonkeyShrapnel wrote:Chocolate Island 4 = Never press left, complete the level by only pressing right.

This is kinda difficult but the level is short and you can slightly move around thanks to the slopes and platforms.

You could map the left button to make sure you don't press it by accident if that helps.
Don't worry about difficulty. It certainly doesn't sound unfair or undoable, so I'm gonna try when I get there ;)
CM30 wrote:Try this new stipulation for Bowser's Castle (one of the rooms):

Bowser's Castle Room 7: Beat it while hex address 18CE5 is set to B4. This makes the statues spawn Grinders instead of fireballs.
Definitely sounds interesting, like the idea :D

I'm going to record the next batch of videos now. I need an ips patch or something for Soda Lake though. Argumentable made the stip for that level, it said
Argumentable wrote:"Beat level without swimming" *comes with an ips patch*
so yeah, could anyone help out there? Argumentable? ;)
CM30

Post by CM30 »

GVirusG wrote:Added all of these stips to the list, thanks for the good ideas :D

Gonna try ano0malys stips for Butter Bridge next, they seem to be really challenging (in a fair kind of way XP)
MonkeyShrapnel wrote:Chocolate Island 4 = Never press left, complete the level by only pressing right.

Don't worry about difficulty. It certainly doesn't sound unfair or undoable, so I'm gonna try when I get there ;)
CM30 wrote:Try this new stipulation for Bowser's Castle (one of the rooms):

Definitely sounds interesting, like the idea :D

I'm going to record the next batch of videos now. I need an ips patch or something for Soda Lake though. Argumentable made the stip for that level, it said
Argumentable wrote:"Beat level without swimming" *comes with an ips patch*
so yeah, could anyone help out there? Argumentable? ;)
Wouldn't Soda Lake be as simple as making the entrance animation not a water level one?

But if you need an IPS, try this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/672 ... redits.ips

It's got some other edits (hence the Castlevania music on the title screen and some weird stuff in Bowser's Castle), but it's pretty much 99.9% unedited. Should work fine for both Soda Lake and Bowser's Castle room 7 (I replaced the Bowser statue fireballs with Grinders in this ROM, as per my hex edit recommendation for that stipulation).
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I thought Bwarch sent you the ips for Soda Lake? It's here.