(shouting)

ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Re: ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

Post by ZaCloud »

I always have low-ish expectations, for the sole purpose of being pleasantly surprised a lot. :3 (Not pessimism, more like making-room-for optimism). This hack blew mine through the roof. For a collab hack, it was on-the-whole stupendous. Demanding perfection of such a thing borders on nitpicking. Collab hack. You can't expect too much. And yet, this gave much.

And about the plot: I never took it seriously. A vegetable hunt? That already set it up to be silly and inconsequential, so I wasn't bothered at how it took the back-burner after a while and got so durn silly.

Besides, how much did Mario angst over his deep and well-developed relationship with the Princess he was journeying to rescue? How much did Bowser elaborate on his supposedly evil schemes, or how he had managed to subjugate thousands of creatures to that end? How much did Mario question his mushroom addiction or his cruelty to goombas?

In other words... Who needs plot for jaumping on turtles? :P

ASMT had enough elements to create a setting and a conclusion. The journey in-between was all about the gameplay within said setting, and in the end that's what a Mario hack should focus on (and this one did well for a surprisingly high percentage compared to most). Story is just icing on the cake. And the cake was yummy enough even with only a thin layer of icing. That's my general opinion.
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

So now that I applied the IPS...

it looks weird, did something go awry:

PS: The chimney in There Was A Resistance Base doesn't work.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Were you using a clean ROM when you patched it?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Yeah, I figured it out though. Used E 1.1 on accident which doesn't like it.
Mista Smegheneghan

Post by Mista Smegheneghan »

Reading some of the earlier posts, it seems this isn't the tech support topic for ASMT. I don't suppose someone could point me in the right direction, could they? I wouldn't want to derail this topic.

Back on-topic, loved the LP of this game, and I've been trying the game since raocow subliminally advertised it in the Vanilla '10 video (it was like a "blink and you miss it" thing) and am loving it. Good luck with A2MT!
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

If you're having a problem or there's a glitch or whatever, you could try going to the collaboration forum and either make a new topic about it (not in the asmt subforum, as that is just an archive of the old topics) or make a post in the "FINAL TESTING INITIATED - v1.02 ready for testing" thread. Glad you're enjoying it so far!
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Don Zanevsky wrote:I don't think he's portraying himself as a troll in that post
I do.
Don Zanevsky wrote:there are quite a few people who think this dumb piece of shit was way too overrated
If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!