(shouting)

ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
NaturesFoulChild

Re: ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

Daarkbuu wrote:unfortunately your waaaay outvoted naturesfoulchild.
Fortunately though, this voting means practically nothing and raocow will just do his thing regardless. I hope.
By foul design.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Actually, what I think I'm going to do, is just a single normal video, with just the A side.

Basically I want to let ASMT breath, but at the same time, doing two videos all the time would 'dilute' the impact of each individual segments, I think.

Basically, quality over quantity.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

<cries softly in the corner>
By foul design.
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

I can't wait till raocow sees the rexes =)
And basically everything else in the game really!
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I can't wait until he sees the banzai bill....I think it even beats vip's banzai.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:<cries softly in the corner>
Dude, I have ALWAYS favoured hacks over anything else. And I used to only do one series at a time, I want to get back to that, reclaim some of my time for other things.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

Pretty impressive start!

The plot-time was longer than I expected, but I can't really say that's a bad thing. It just sorta is. I'm generally neutral when it comes to plot, especially in a medium where an extreme absence of plottiness is expected.

The graphics are overall, quite good. If they turn out to be both varied AND good, then they'll certainly be great! Also, I love the new Demo sprite. Looks wonderful and great, even without the array of colors I hear it was intended for! :D

The homage aspect of it is.. it kinda weirds me out, honestly. Sorta like intercepting a love note being passed to someone you know. But at the same time it's supposed to be shown wherever? Awkwardness anyway, I don't know what else to say about it. I'm ending this line here.

I thought he dragon coin looked kinda like Tear, myself.
:catcrime:
GZA73

Post by GZA73 »

Whoa really? So I guess I was the only one who thought of Dilbert when I saw the Dragon Coin? (though I guess nerd could kinda fit that description)
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

Hm. I think we've found a new Rorschach test.
:catcrime:
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

raocow wrote:Actually, what I think I'm going to do, is just a single normal video, with just the A side.

Basically I want to let ASMT breath, but at the same time, doing two videos all the time would 'dilute' the impact of each individual segments, I think.

Hazaa exactly what I said!
WHOA MAN! This is a signature.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I'm OK with only one ongoing LP updated at a rate of one episode per day.

Of course, I'd think some people expects you to compensate for the fact that there's only one LP going on by putting up two episodes per day, but I'd say that it'd be a bit greedy!

Besides, having two ongoing LPs at a time favors variety, and having only one favors highlight. The latter seems more appropriate for this particular LP and other LPs such as VIPs.

Yeah, I'd vote for one-LP, one-episode-per-day set-up since it'll allow you to basically have your LP-related work cut in half for a while. It could be a nice break.
video games
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Holy shit....5 pages of comments in just one day. I certainly didn't expect this kind of insanity.
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

Damnit thread stop updating aaaaa
Anyway, my comments on the matter:
PLOT: Honestly, so long as the plot is either good or skip-able, I'm fine with it. Though, as nice as the little Con messages are, I prefer to be able to skip the plot (incase going back to a level for a power-up or secret or something)
GRAPHICS: Awesome. I might be biased considering I joined around the time the graphics were being worked on, and thus, got to see them in progress, they really fit the silly yet serious aspect of this game. Basically, they well fit a Mario hack.
GAMEPLAY: I'm not really the biggest fan of the VIPs (dodges tomatos), but the level design is meh. It gets good later on, but the mid-levels seemed a bit difficult-for-the-sake-of-difficult. Not spoiling that one specific area of that one specific level, but that part just wasn't fun to me, only annoying. However, I LOVED the levels in the last world.
OVERALL: 9/10 would play again.

EDIT: Holy crap, 10 minutes to make a post, and I didn't get ninja'd
- randoguy101
Kiniko

Post by Kiniko »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJv0NM2CTE

I got a little carried away

Edit: The video is totally spoiler free in case anyone was wondering.
GameMan1984

Post by GameMan1984 »

I watched only a bit of it and I must say it is looking good so far. However, to be fair to myself, I will not watch any of this until after I played it myself and found all the secret exits. I want to be proud of myself that I found everything on my own (when I play this hack, that is...).
Marluxia.Kyoshu wrote:SO NOW MY FIRST POST WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS THE GREAT BRINGER OF THE SSOHPKC FLAMEWAR. Fantastical.
Yuoaman

Post by Yuoaman »

Wow, that's a pretty darned impressive hack. I'm not really a platform-playin' guy, but from what I've seen it looks enjoyable.
Carver

Post by Carver »

raocow wrote:Actually, what I think I'm going to do, is just a single normal video, with just the A side.
Yeah the more I think about it - that's probably the best way to do it. This seems like it'll be a pretty memorable playthrough.

Chompie wrote:Hm. I think we've found a new Rorschach test.

Failing the Rorschach Test is always a good thing to me.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails

Post by Tails_155 »

raocow wrote:Dude, I have ALWAYS favoured hacks over anything else. And I used to only do one series at a time, I want to get back to that, reclaim some of my time for other things.
Understandable. I can only imagine what having 11,000 minutes of your life online playing game, not to mention the countless hours of off-screen work.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:<cries softly in the corner>
There there, it's not like he's doubling up on ASMT or anything like that...
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
SeaThief

Post by SeaThief »

Daarkbuu wrote:Holy shit....5 pages of comments in just one day. I certainly didn't expect this kind of insanity.
There's still only one update so far, is it too late to claim ground floor?
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

After realizing how many of your ongoing games tend to get lost in the shadow of something else, I think this is a good idea. Sure, you'll have the occasional game that people don't like and decide not to watch, but honestly, you've produced more content in the last six months than most LPers ever do. There are plenty of other videos that people can go back to in that situation (especially now that there are wacky annotations on some of them), so there's no shortage of raocow for the true addicts.

You've been spoiling us for a while, especially with all the multi-part videos lately, but we'll get used to just one. One a day still puts you up there as one of the most prolific LPers I can think of. Heck, I wish some people could manage one a week.
Daze

Post by Daze »

Wow... I haven't been keeping up with current events, so I didn't realize ASMT was starting today. This was a pleasant surprise! (And a reason for me to watch the current videos while catching up on the old ones.)

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this one. I kind of wish I'd been more directly involved in writing the script and messages, but I'm glad I played a part in the plot development. I wouldn't be too opposed to a lack of B-side, as long as ASMT goes as its own pace rather than doubletimed. It deserves that much, at least.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
kilon

Post by kilon »

I could see this thread beating AUS in most pages on a LP. (AUS had 44 pages).

Anyway, overall good reactions so far. I am happy. And yes, now levels are the important part and hopefully they do their job.

Also, careful with what you say, it may not be intended but you can accidentally spoil something.
Hasn't happened so far (minus Blinx. Just don't read his posts) but you never know.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Having not really payed attention to the development of ASMT, I'm really impressed at the production values of this so far. Having so much of a plot overload in the intro seems a bit much, but forgivable since from what people are saying I guess that's probably the single longest cutscene in the entire game.

I'm in general support of the whole "no other series for the duration of ASMT" thing.

I suspect it'll be very interesting to go back and compare this with VIP 5 once that gets released/LPed.
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

Go ahead and solo it up if you want the extra time in your life. Far be it from me to impose on a guy who makes free entertainment.
And now the coast is clear, I just need to deal... with my number one fan.
Riku~n, why do you keep wanting to murder me like this?
I wouldn't mind that smile so much if your skin wasn't made of poison for some reason.