(shouting)

ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Kind of late, but from the comments it would seem like I succeeded with Munchy Plant Ruins; I wasn't trying to create an overly difficult level (though I suppose the boss made up for that), but rather one that focused on aesthetics and building up some kind of suspense during the first part.

As for the general theme of the level, I can't say that it's anything new; it's basically Mad Muncher Mansion from The Cookie Crisis, except updated with a custom tileset. And I'm very glad that RealLink suggested using his boss, as while the Big Boo Boss muncher might be kind of funny, it isn't really that interesting boss-wise.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I'm actually disappointed at the lack of truly "volcanic" levels in the volcano world so far. What has been there could have fit in practically any world. I was expecting some cool lava gimmicks or something.

Well, there is still one level left here it seems. Perhaps I'll get my wish.
Carver

Post by Carver »

raocow wrote:Eh, I got my back-up mike, just expect lesser sound quality.

Are we talking like "when you first started making videos" headset quality? Because that'll definitely be annoying.
Kil

Post by Kil »

By the way, you've kind of lost your chance to do a listen up time for the volcano raocow. There's a small bug where samples carry over from the final castle onto the OW, so it won't sound perfect. Also, once you actually beat the final castle, there's going to be annoying thunderclap sound effects on the OW from then on so you really won't be able to hear crap anyway. Oh well.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
kilon

Post by kilon »

It's not like the thunderclaps are that annoying..
But the listening time is just a free service for the fans so if it isn't there for one time, they shouldn't complain.

Since they will though, you should just put a hq version as video response or something.
Kil

Post by Kil »

I can't really make a high quality version since I don't have good software like prsnth.

I do have this piece of garbage called FL Slayer and 8-bit drums though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5xvRG_cBr0
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Kind of late, but from the comments it would seem like I succeeded with Munchy Plant Ruins; I wasn't trying to create an overly difficult level (though I suppose the boss made up for that), but rather one that focused on aesthetics and building up some kind of suspense during the first part.

As for the general theme of the level, I can't say that it's anything new; it's basically Mad Muncher Mansion from The Cookie Crisis, except updated with a custom tileset. And I'm very glad that RealLink suggested using his boss, as while the Big Boo Boss muncher might be kind of funny, it isn't really that interesting boss-wise.
I especially like the reference to the "average" hacker. "Worshipping munchers" indeed :lol:
Carver

Post by Carver »

Kil wrote:I can't really make a high quality version since I don't have good software like prsnth.

I do have this piece of garbage called FL Slayer and 8-bit drums though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5xvRG_cBr0

I watched it all :ugeek:
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Kil wrote:FL Slayer
Oh god, the horror.

Really...

No but seriously, there's plenty of soundfonts and other stuff you could have used instead, just saying.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Cosmo Fishhawk wrote:I especially like the reference to the "average" hacker. "Worshipping munchers" indeed :lol:
Heh. I never actually realized that it could be interpreted that way...
TheMrAxm

Post by TheMrAxm »

Why isnt there any RKS music in this mofo hack?
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

TheMrAxm wrote:Why isnt there any RKS music in this mofo hack?
The same reason there's no HKTBMFDZ music.
TheMrAxm

Post by TheMrAxm »

Crimson wrote:
TheMrAxm wrote:Why isnt there any RKS music in this mofo hack?
The same reason there's no HKTBMFDZ music.
what the hell is HKTBMFDZ
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:
Cosmo Fishhawk wrote:I especially like the reference to the "average" hacker. "Worshipping munchers" indeed :lol:
Heh. I never actually realized that it could be interpreted that way...
You have a fetish for munchers, just look at your MATH-contest Submission ^^ :lol:
noone......

Post by noone...... »

Alex-R wrote:No but seriously, there's plenty of soundfonts and other stuff you could have used instead, just saying.
FL Slayer owns hard
rockdet

Post by rockdet »

FL Slayer is very far from that (which is still my favorite music in the game, but listen to the sound patches and quality and stuff):

World 6 OW
Half of everything is luck

My YouTube time paradox thing
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockdet
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Erm... You might be interested in knowing that while the level after red hell is supposed to be where the paths join up, it is not supposed to be the line-guide place you ended up in. Seems like I didn't set all the exits correctly... You will know the true joining-up room by the presence of a midway point right in front of where you start.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Wow, I'm happy to know this!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kil

Post by Kil »

Aww the OW music got messed up. ps apology in advance if the last boss bugs out.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Oh, and I went through and double-checked all the other paths in the castle, and they all seem to be set up correctly. In other words, you shouldn't have to worry about anything like it happening again.

(You should have seen what a mess the castle was in the first beta version... intertwining paths and infinite loops all over the place...)
kilon

Post by kilon »

The first room was a bit to generous with the feathers perhaps, but still challenging due to those super koopas.

The second room was a fun little way of showing that pressing switches isn't always good.

The third room can be tricky when you have bad luck with spawning of bullet bills but not to bad otherwise.

The fourth room has a really awesome gimmick. Easy, but that compensates the next room.

Because that, yeah.. And can you imagine that it used to be a lot harder before? With extremely fast moving platforms you had to jump on while the disco shell was still chasing you.

For those keeping track of the demo's, you should just add 40 demos to the total.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Kuposan3? I didn't know he was a member of this forum.

Also. Wow. First of all, that lava cavern level with the lights? Single most annoying thing I've ever watched. Completely overpowering gimmick that makes the level incredibly annoying. And yet everyone's just going to fawn over how hard it must've been and how "neat" the gimmick is when it practically gave me a god damn seizure.

And that last level in the second video. Well. My favorite color is red, so at least there was one redeeming factor to it. I think that's all I'll say on the matter.

Also, is it me, or am I noticing a shitton of bugs and mistakes and errors in this hack? Good lord. Seems like every video we get a WHOOPS THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN OH WELL

GUESS I'M JUST A NEGATIVE NANCY
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
bonecanoe86

Post by bonecanoe86 »

Damn, this most recent level was freeking amazing! Expecially the part with the disco shell. I'm not sure I'd want to play it myself, but what an atmosphere!
Hello.

I LP The Sims 2, Civilization III, and Sim City 4:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonecanoe86
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

noone...... wrote:FL Slayer owns hard
Haha, no. I mean, you can make some okay sounding electric guitars sounds with it, but it's way too unreliable, and if you have to tie every damn knob to an automation clip to make it do what you want, it's not really a good plugin.

Not that soundfonts are that much better, but anyways.
kilon wrote:The first room was a bit to generous with the feathers perhaps, but still challenging due to those super koopas.
Yeah, I'm not really happy with that room heh. An explanation is that it was made months before the actual signups started, and I didn't really know what kind of difficulty was appropiate, but yeah, that's just an explanation and not an excuse.

Also, some of the cement blocks were meant to be note blocks, making at least some parts a bit harder, but because of the global graphics replacements (tofu blocks) kind of messed up the palette we had to change them to cement blocks.
StarkMaximum wrote:Also, is it me, or am I noticing a shitton of bugs and mistakes and errors in this hack? Good lord. Seems like every video we get a WHOOPS THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN OH WELL
Yes. Like I said in a post some pages back, it was rushed like hell, and the fact that there was a ton of bugs and mistakes everywhere didn't help. If you think this is bad you wouldn't want to see the first beta version haha...
StarkMaximum wrote:GUESS I'M JUST A NEGATIVE NANCY
Yes.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

raocow, one thing about those "unfun first runthroughs" - would it perhaps be possible to edit the footage from those and while cutting out most of it, just add short clips of the most entertaining parts (some of the first reactions, the funnier deaths, etc)? Just an idea.

On that note, I once watched a video-runthrough of Kaizo Mario World where in places where the player died very, very often, he would sometimes make montages where it basically jumped from one death to the next, playing only one or two seconds worth of footage for each, and sometimes this got quite entertaining, particularly when he kept dying in one and the same place over and over. Might be even funnier in this hack with the demo counter and all.

So, so far KC's castle has been entertaining enough (although, with that crazy architecture going around there, I must ask: Who built the thing anyway? Bloody Stupid Johnson?). About the lava lights level, I'd say that although I really like the idea, the execution was a little... Too extreme, so to say. I think the transition lit up place -> total darkness went by somewhat too quickly, making it somewhat disorientating, and the fact that the room's lit up again for an instant whenever you collect a coin is... Well, yes, somewhat seizuretastic. I'd have liked it more if the coins were rarer, but lit up the place a little longer, with gradual fade.

As for hell - well, I surely ain't gonna be taking that path once I actually get to play the game. Nice visuals though. I find it funny that the palette makes Demo's eye turn dark, it actually works surprisingly well with the visuals of the level, at least as long as she has a fire flower.