(shouting)

ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Garlyle

Re: ASMT: Hey there raocow, here be everybody.

Post by Garlyle »

Aghhh

I've been sitting here jumping around on the the beta version and trying to remember what everyone's so excited for in World 7 and I remembered a lot of stuff.
Especially the music. Dear christ I love you Kil, for the music, and that specific secret chunk of music ASM which I won't specifically talk about here because I want there to be surprises for those who weren't in the construction of the game 8D but suffice to say I've been sitting here enjoying it for like the past hour.

EDIT: God DAMN there is a lot of music in this hack. Like, holy crap. I almost didn't even realise. Sometime I should try counting it. I'll do that when I get back from shopping.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Sillyman wrote:Is it just me, or was raocow about to say "ATXS" instead of "ASMT" at the end of that last video?
[AOD] wrote:I laughed at the end of this one.

"This is raocow, playing ATX- er ASMT"

Nice one!

!~[AOD]
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

Today just sorta cemented my feelings that Desert worlds are the BEST worlds.

Desert worlds are so cool!
EDIT: Wow, I deserve an uppercut to the nose for that reverse pun. >_<

And yeah, I caught the ATXS bit too. But I knew it wasn't true, cause every initial in this hack stands for something!
ATXS is marked in my bookmarks as A.rtifical T.ime X.ylophone S.olo
:catcrime:
GZA73

Post by GZA73 »

Maybe someone has already mentioned it earlier in the thread, but did anyone else watch the mirage level in today's video and expect some kind of "Yellow Hurts" reference from either raocow or the level itself? Cuz I mean with all of the coins/etc. being damaging, I was almost a little surprised that that little EVW reference wasn't put in there until I guess that I realized that ASMT was pretty already done by the time the EVW Let's Play even started right?

Still a really really good level regardless =)
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

What's with you guys and yellow hurts, it is the dumbest thing
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

A reference to Yellow Hurts? The yellow coins were the safe ones.
I don't really get it but okay
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

kilon wrote:By the way, it's kinda funny how there is a message that there was the last water place for a long time and the next level is a water level.

That was more of a hint that the sand coloured water in the next area wasn't actually water. But I can see what you mean. Maybe if they were heading... east then it would be true :D
WHOA MAN! This is a signature.
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

[AOD] wrote:
Cosmo Fishhawk wrote: Mental note: never take a road trip with AOD. We'd get lost and wind up in the middle of Deliverance because he won't stop and ask for directions XD
If you took a road trip with me, we wouldn't get lost in the first place. I'd have it all planned in advance. >: }
Planned as in "planned" or planned as in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"? *gulp*...

Btw, from little I've seen of it, I kind of think ATXS would make a good video game. Perhaps raocow's slip of the tongue was fortuitous hehe.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Maybe a good SMW hack? raocow and I were talking about it earlier and I joked that it might be funny to see characters in our comic be in SMW, like have Mario be Sheath or someone. raocow said I could propose it to the ASMT2 thread, but I think it's kind of a separate thing, and wouldn't fit well; like ASMT is Demo's own little story.

But then again:

SOME talkhaus posters are into SMW hacking
SOME talkhaus posters are also ATXS readers
But NOT all talkhaus posters would be able to appreciate an ATXS SMW hack.

This is totally how syllogisms work, I read it in Wikihow today. :C

EDIT: Planned as in:

@~[AOD]
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Why don't you two make it, it's your comic!
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

I don't know how. And don't care enough to learn!

!~[AOD]
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

You should learn how to and feel good about knowing how to do something, instead of debasing yourself to get someone else to do it

People who always ask people rather than do it themselves, when Google and other tools are readily available, are doing a disservice to themselves.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Those who can get others to do for them what they would rather not do, are truly those who have mastered the art of politics.

@~[AOD]
rockdet

Post by rockdet »

[AOD] wrote:Those who can get others to do for them what they would rather not do, are truly those who have mastered the art of politics.

@~[AOD]
Agreed, but we're not mainly here to do politics nor rhetoric, so it's most likely not going to work, though it'd be a good concept idea.
Half of everything is luck

My YouTube time paradox thing
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockdet
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

rockdet wrote:Agreed, but we're not mainly here to do politics nor rhetoric-
-Gonna cut you off right there and remind you that this is an internet message board.

ANYHOY.
Machoman, who managed to see my post somewhere, wrote:
I don't remember them being used I think, and that's sad because they were also awesome.
That's hilarious. XD I mean, the first graphic swap for that enemy was among one of the baby-phase things, but the final swap for those guys was made relatively late in development. Can't wait to see them in the credits, then. Maybe I should make a goofy one-level hack or something.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

There is a French Metal Band called ADX.

Could it be that raocow knows about them? ;)

(P.S. They're pretty good :D)
Too lazy to be creative here
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

[AOD] wrote:Maybe a good SMW hack? raocow and I were talking about it earlier and I joked that it might be funny to see characters in our comic be in SMW, like have Mario be Sheath or someone. raocow said I could propose it to the ASMT2 thread, but I think it's kind of a separate thing, and wouldn't fit well; like ASMT is Demo's own little story.
After this LP, you should create the official adaptation comic, like all those Nintendo ones.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

Woah 24 demos + atleast 2 pit deaths, in just 1 level! That's insane.
McGack

Post by McGack »

not gonna lie here , I thoroughly enjoyed that Phanto Hell run, especially when they all swarmed the key :D
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Hahaha, that big phanto was genius. And when they all stopped right over the key, raocow said that was phanciful.

Hurr hurr.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
rockdet

Post by rockdet »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:
rockdet wrote:Agreed, but we're not mainly here to do politics nor rhetoric-
-Gonna cut you off right there and remind you that this is an internet message board.
I know, that's why I wrote "most likely" and "mainly". I was not all-against. In fact, I enjoy arguing about things. For AOD's project, it can still work out...
I would personally enjoy it and participate on my own too, but have merely no skill at level designing.

Anyways, for today's level, Argumentable, you did a nice job on that one, and the Phanto part was amazing! 24 demos for your level, I think you got the score up to now!
Oh and I liked the combination of boo rings and other enemies, that was pretty neat and you wouldn't just want to wait in the rings, which is normally boring. Nicely spiced up.
Half of everything is luck

My YouTube time paradox thing
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockdet
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Uhm, tomorrow I'm going to be playing a level called 'PANIC PUZZLE', but it's not in my level list.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Early commentary for Starry Nights hell yeah
So, I'm sure you can tell, but the level didn't start out for any specific world, I just made it and submitted it later to an open spot (and tacked on the secret path)

The basic idea was that I wanted to take as many different enemies as possible and put them in a level. There probably could've been more for the sake of being more, but I took ones from 3 different tilesets so it was good enough for me (and the remaining ones probably either didn't fit or just couldn't work) and I wanted it to be kind of hard, but it ended up being pretty short so I don't think that worked out so well. It was also the first instance I came across of putting too many enemies in lunar magic. All in all, I'd kind of like to remake it to actually be a lot more difficult than it currently is.

As for the second path, it is basically the same idea, but instead of having bunch of different graphics, they're all the same graphic. Check out the ExGFX file for it
exgfx98.jpg
Some of the phantos were gonna be things like beetles and bombs, but then I decided that it would probably be a bad idea to have some phantos killable while others aren't (though there are a couple jumping fish phantos you can still jump on)

At first I was worried it would be too hard, but then I decided it didn't matter since it was a secret exit and not a normal path. So I guess it worked out in the end, because if you want to progress normally it is totally doable, but if you want the secret you are going to die a lot (I died a lot)
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

raocow wrote:Uhm, tomorrow I'm going to be playing a level called 'PANIC PUZZLE', but it's not in my level list.
My fault sorry, I also almost missed off either "revenge of a much abused horse" or "raw horse power", I forget which.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

That doesn't tell me who did it!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage