(shouting)

Rayman Origins (please see manual for origin story)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Aquaria: The Thread (Is No Longer A Corporate Entity) final

Post by Awoo »

In this episode of: "raocow Plays Aquaria", he visits the Abyss!

(It's a lot more colorful than I remember)
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tirakai

Re: Rayman Origins (please see manual for origin story)

Post by tirakai »

raocow always managing to go the slow way around moving circles of lums (chasing them instead of going the opposite direction so they move into him) amuses me.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

one of the best songs in the game imo
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Not sure I like being called a "one-eyed loser" or a "weaky nerd" from that song though.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Rayman Aquaria (please see manual for origin story)

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago

one of the best songs in the game imo
I've been listening to this one:

on constant repeat since I heard it yesterday :catplanet:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

In today's episode raocow makes fun of jellyfish for not having faces. It's their fault, all the stories tell of jellyfish being pounded into their gelatinous forms because of some angry sea god.

Jellyfish only have one orifice and only 2 body layers that are separated by gel-like mesoglea. Unlike us, they don't have a body cavity, or internal organs. They are basically evil bags.

Despite having no brain Cubozoa (Box Jellyfish) have surprisingly complex eyes within their statocyst organs, they aren't image forming in quality but are believed to be able to see be movement. Cubozoa eyes are pretty spooky looking too, so be warned if you go on a google adventure.

There are also waaay too many animals to name in the ocean. Although the Sea Pig? Did raocow just have the Year of the Pig on the brain or was he aware of Scotoplanes...cause not even I had heard of Scotoplanes before.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i adore this level. it basically turns the atmosphere of the game on its head and really makes the most of the swimming mechanics in a unique way & is just, so intriguing

unfortunately now they've basically played their hand as far as the water levels go & the upcoming one doesn't impress nearly as much :lol:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The first new song today was giving strong Rayman 2 vibes. That game also had creepy grabby hands, but they were more skeletal.

For the second song, a always hear the lums sing 'something some mother, something, you win father'
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh, and since you asked about the Skulls Coins, they are worth 25 Lums, and are NOT effected by the King Lum.

While you've noticed they are collected when you move them far away enough, a 2nd method is to just hold onto them for a length of time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow's deep (heh) appreciation for this level and its surprisingly wonderful atmosphere was why I didn't want to spoil that the water levels in this game are great and have a great atmosphere.

I don't think the other water levels fall short per se, they simply have a different focus. The designers are quite good at not overplaying concepts, and I think the game is better for it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years agoSea Pig? Did raocow just have the Year of the Pig on the brain or was he aware of Scotoplanes...cause not even I had heard of Scotoplanes before.
Dolphin in Japanese is "海豚", read as Iruka. The individual kanji can be read as "umi" and "buta", meaning "sea" and "pig". There's a whole bit in Azumanga Daioh where Osaka muses on the phrase "Dolphin"/"Sea Pig" and the way it's written. That's probably where raocow got it from.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago
Dolphin in Japanese is "海豚", read as Iruka. The individual kanji can be read as "umi" and "buta", meaning "sea" and "pig". There's a whole bit in Azumanga Daioh where Osaka muses on the phrase "Dolphin"/"Sea Pig" and the way it's written. That's probably where raocow got it from.
Ahh Japanese language nuances, I know more about benthic sealife than I do about kanji.

Sea pig huh, I guess they both have a similar fatty tube shape. Although it's probably not recommended to eat that far up the trophic pyramid.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I don't the saying that there are water levels would have been a spoiler. It would have been unusual to say there weren't any, like DKC Returns.

The skull bombs in the chase level remind me of Rayman 2 as well, though bombs like that aren't unique to this series.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote: 5 years agoNot sure I like being called a "one-eyed loser" or a "weaky nerd" from that song though.
I dunno about you but it's quite inaccurate for me anyways. I'm blind as a bat so either no-eyed or four-eyed are the only valid descriptors there.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Earthworm Jim 2 - Worms Armageddon

Post by Awoo »

Today, on "raocow Plays EarthWorm Jim 2", he faces off against the Villi People! It's pretty exciting, but too bad there wasn't a game show segment at the end!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

oh that second electoon today is one of my faves, it's just like W O O S H

i'm pretty sure the chasing fish in the first electoon section kill all the enemies for you so there's no need to go after them yourself, but i may be misremembering
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

You might miss out on lums maybe?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Post by Crow »

i mean yeah like, a small number

this level has more than enough lums to get you to the requisite 350 anyways, as raocow showed today
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Today Globox reached mach 5.
ImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

As a response to raocow's feeling that World 3 and 4 were short... yes, theye were. But you should take into consideration how unusually long World 1 was. It is the longest World in the game.

Next up is mountain world! You'll really like the next powerup.
And if you haven't noticed yet, there has been a shadow of the next world to be unlocked on the map, so you're correct, you're not near the end of the game yet.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Post by Crow »

I won't say anything other than that the game told you at the start there are 10 of the red teeth gem things and you presently have 4
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Rayman Origins (please see raocow for Demo story)

Post by Awoo »

Hey, raocow,

Fire When Wetty

:3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just stopping in to say that Fire When Wetty is a good pun. The other one today was the weak name.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Yeah raocow if you want, walk over the map and look at how many levels the different worlds have, and you will notice that indeed the last couple have been shorter.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Wow, that bug is weirdly consistent, huh. That hit me the first time I did this level, too.

It's a shame too because the level is fucking awesome. Especially the chase sequence is phenomenal and awes me to this day.

Your Lum count was still really close on your successful attempt - you were 25 over. That's exactly one medal. So even with all your extra efforts, you could have juuuust afforded to spare the one annoying one (and it is kinda too tight to do the "intuitive" way, I think). It didn't need to be quite as tight, though - after doing the level once and unlocking wallrun, you can follow the cage into the super tiny looking walkway with all the spikes. Why would you do that? Well, because there's a lum-giving plant in there that's more lucrative than the outer route! It's preeeetty tough, though.