(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - Just Vile

Post by Bean »

Playing as Vile is pretty tough since he takes some getting used to. I'd say it's about on par with X's hard mode in terms of difficulty until you start beating some stages.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Vile totally named all his weapons himself. With the coolest names he could think of.

Also Vile's ''going Maverick' is a bit of a special case, as he actually has a defect in his brain making him lust to cause as much damage as possible while hunting his targets. so Vile is actually an example of reploid mental illness.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Hope you like grungy rock because Vile only listens to one song.

btw you can shoot Vile's shoulder cannon at different angles if you hold up or down while firing.

The X side is almost a point for point recreation of the original game. where-as the Vile-side has remixed stages, which is why you saw those miners playing in the street.
Outside of Vile mode, the biggest difference between the SNES version and this version is that they rearranged the capsules for no real reason, they are all in the same levels and around the same locations, just they give out different parts.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

The earliest use of the Maverick label (before the Maverick Virus was a thing) was for defective robots who went haywire, since the earliest model Reploids had some serious problems.

One thing about the highway stage in MHX does that I don't really like is that, in X's campaign, Vile is not only beatable, but you HAVE to defeat him to win the stage, which kind of takes a lot of the impact out of the "Weakling X gets stronger until he can fight on par with Sigma" story arc in the original game, and also cheapens Vile quite a bit because MMX1 was his big moment of badassery where he walks all over everyone and requires a heroic sacrifice just to level the playing field, and now the remake can't even give him THAT.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Thanks for not overwriting the saves.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I think Vile's motivation and the deep lore of his story is quite easy to unravel, actually: he's a fucking asshole
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

vile has heart tanks and sub tanks to get as well as two upgrades

he gets weapons from bosses but they're done super weirdly

to quote megaman homepage (rao dont click)
Vile’s Weapons

You always end the game with the same collection of weapons; however, you receive different weapons from the Mavericks depending on what order you defeat them in. Generally speaking, the first couple of Mavericks you defeat will give you only two or three items. The next few will average around four weapons. After that, you start getting six to eight weapons per Maverick. Note that some Mavericks have a propensity toward certain types of weapons. For example, defeat Sting Chameleon later in the game and you’ll probably get a whole slew of “Laser” shoulder weapons. Boomerang Kuwanger tends to give you Cutters, and Armored Armadillo tends to offer up Energy Balls. And so forth.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So Vile gets something for defeating each boss, but you are going to have to flip through menus to find out what you got because he can get multiple things.

Now because there are so many things, I will only list the major categories. You will have to find out what new weapons you got on your own, as some of them require multiple bosses to be beaten to appear.

Six of the bosses give Vile whole new categories of weapons he can use, and two of them give powerful passive upgrades. Chill Penguin falls upon the latter.

-Armaments Obtained-

Frozen Castle

Passive Effect - Vile will now take 1/2 damage from all sources. It's no leg parts, but it will solve the problem of Vile taking a billion damage from everyone.
Super Llama

Post by Super Llama »

Chill Penguin was a good first boss, as he gives you two of the most valuable parts in the game: A 1/2 damage armor buff, and the Distance Needler, which is one of the best early-game weapons.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Fact: Chill Penguin has the same voice actor as Dr Wily in Mega Man Powered Up.

MAVERICK FACTS! LORD OF THE SNOWY PLAINS

Chill Penguin is a Reploid specifically designed for extremely cold regions, and was formerly the commander of the 13th Polar Battalion. He'd been operating on a wholly unsatisfying mission at the South Pole, but once he heard Sigma's call to rally Reploids, Chill Penguin defected, and started operating with the renegade elements of the 17th Battalion. His thought circuits are designed to be extremely flexible so he can perform missions with his weaker than average body, but this has gained him a reputation among other Reploids of being somewhat warped and diificult to work with. He's on bad terms with Flame Mammoth, who relies solely on brute strength and also insults him over his height.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Chill Penguin sounds like Cool Cat
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

So for some reason, the Ride Armor in Chill Penguin's level didn't spawn. It's supposed to spawn right in your way, yet somehow some reason it didn't spawn. It's supposed to be impossible to miss... Spoiler shows where it is.
Don't worry about your rewards for beating chill penguin. You'll see those next time you play.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

dont let rocket powered penguins slide into you, kids

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Not only do you get weapons from bosses, but you have to equip them in a menu before heading out. Without a doubt, do this. It's not a game where they want you to stick with the default setup. Just have fun experimenting with the weapons in his mode.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Vile put his music player on repeat and cant figure out how to turn it off.

Also raocow the line you skipped was this: "If you've joined the side of justice, you can leave now!"

MAVERICK FACTS! FIERY OIL TANKER

Flame Mammoth was the leader of the 4th Land Battalion, and as it was a unit devised for operation in hot, dry areas, it used to be stationed in the Middle East. A cruel and detestable Reploid even before hearing of Sigma's rebellion, he dreamt of getting an even tighter grasp on his authority and of using it for violent rampages, and decided to join the rebellion the second he heard of it. He enjoys crushing and humiliating anyone weaker than himself and was utterly hated by the Reploids who served under him. This hatred was so intense that even Sigma's immense charisma couldn't convince a single one of them to come with Mammoth. Mammoth was placed in charge of weapons production for Sigma, taking over a massive industrial complex to transform it into the world's greatest center of weapons manufacturing.
Super Llama

Post by Super Llama »

Spamming your leg or shoulder weapons in mid-air actually lets you cover a surprising amount of horizontal distance. It's a lot like the Magma Blade glitch in X6, except Capcom actually expects you to do it this time.

Also, Distance Needler punches through Sniper Joe shields, so you don't have to wait for them to attack or leave yourself open with leg bombs.

Also also, the flamethrower weapon type you get from Mammoth is one of my favorite weapon types. They pass through terrain and shields and deal a TON of damage. The Sea Dragon's Rage that you get from beating Penguin and Mammoth is one of the best types of flamethrower, too, as it has huge amount range and works underwater.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

hey there everyone this isn't quite raocow playing rosenkreuzstilette sigmastachel

-Armaments Obtained-

Flamethrowers

Goes on: Legs

Powerful Leg armaments that emit a stream of flames. The distance varies among different types. Very energy hungry.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

having these really short vids is making me feel nostalgic and good
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Said this on YT, but bosses in normal mode in this game as opposed to Powered Up are weaker than how you fought them in the original game. Chill Penguin was only on par because of the super damage you took and that he's Chill Penguin. The real trouble in this comes from the new enemy setups and how quickly enemies can chip away at your health even with the armor boost.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

This game seems really well-made, which makes the decision to have all of Vile's stages play the same music all the more baffling.

Aaaaaa I really want to buy this now, tho

There's that one dual pack with Powered Up, I wonder how hard it'd be to find.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 5 years agoThere's that one dual pack with Powered Up, I wonder how hard it'd be to find.
Looks like it's relatively cheap (under $35) online. Don't know if it's used, and don't buy it from P-Asia though. They're garbage, even worse than the Wal-Mart option.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

I really appreciate how incredibly insecure Vile is. He just can't stand the idea that X is better than him in any way.

MAVERICK FACTS! SPACE-TIME JUMPER

Boomer Kuwanger was a high ranking Hunter in the same 17th Battalion as X. He excelled in collecting and analyzing combat data, treating each piece of data with cool, dispassionate logic. Unlike most Reploids, Kuwanger has no sense of conventional morality, only acting in his own interest, so joining Sigma's rebellion was, in his eyes at least, a perfectly logical decision. He has taken over the communications tower that was to be the symbol of Abel City, and is working to convert it into a base.
Super Llama

Post by Super Llama »

I dunno what's in that other crate, but I do know that nothing important is in it (probably another extra life at best.)

Also, THREE of my favorite weapon types in a row. The boomerang weapon type is a great shoulder cannon weapon, with Parasite Sword being good for just doing damage (it also passes through enemies and terrain like the flamethrowers do and gets bigger the farther it goes) and Quick Homesick (which unfortunately still requires another boss to get) being Vile's direct Boomerang Cutter counterpart.
Last edited by Super Llama 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

-Armaments Obtained-

Cutters

Goes on: Shoulders

Trades Vile's Shoulder Cannon for a shoulder-mounted bladed projectile. It returns to Vile's shoulder slot like a boomerang when fired, but be aware that only a certain one of these Cutter weapons can grab items like the Boomerang Cutter! You'll have to find the other boss that is tied to it, and defeat them to unlock it to get the Subtank in Kuwanger's stage.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

since vile wont stop playing his theme so loudly, here's a playlist with the actual soundtrack. Flame Mammoth's remix is pretty rad, and so is Kuwanger's once you get a little ways into it
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes